+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Housing - New Twist - Everyone Happy

Soulwalker

Default Housing - New Twist - Everyone Happy

I know "Housing" has been suggested before, but I just had what I consider to be a stroke of genius.

A LOT of players would love to have their own plot of land to build on, farm on, and call home. If you don't believe me, look up Farmville...

I am opposed to instanced housing, I want people to be able to see my designs and efforts, and a place they can come and hang out. However I know that non-instanced housing is a HUGE drain.

SO, Instanced Housing that can be visited by anyone!

Use a drop down menu maybe, or something similar, your house can be made private if thats what you want, but if you want it public, any joe could come and walk around your place and check it out, would be even better if he could look at your "Shop" and see what personal wares you had for sale :P

-discuss

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Andronicus View Post
    I know "Housing" has been suggested before, but I just had what I consider to be a stroke of genius.

A LOT of players would love to have their own plot of land to build on, farm on, and call home. If you don't believe me, look up Farmville...

I am opposed to instanced housing, I want people to be able to see my designs and efforts, and a place they can come and hang out. However I know that non-instanced housing is a HUGE drain.

Use a drop down menu maybe, or something similar, your house can be made private if thats what you want, but if you want it public, any joe could come and walk around your place and check it out, would be even better if he could look at your "Shop" and see what personal wares you had for sale :P

-discuss
    Farmville is a facebook game.

This is an MMO. One point.

However, if housing does get implemented, I'd support public instanced housing on ONE condition..... I'm allowed to go to Guardian's houses at night and WRECK UP THE PLACE!
    127% of internet statistics are made up on the spot.

Never trust obscure quotes from famous people on the internet. -George Washington

Banned

Not gonna happen.... It spreads the population too thin.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    Instanced guild halls spread the population too thin, not so much personal housing. Ever play EQ2? Only thing personal housing is used for is for the Magical Door To Guild Hall you can set up in there.

Bind outside your house and, like magic, you have to Guild Hall soul recalls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Damn it Liavy!

Rift Chaser
    Last edited by Weathersky; 08-07-2011 at 03:32 AM.

Rift Chaser

Untrue.

Particularly if you actually open your eyes and look at a different and pervasive dynamic towering over everything else that S P R E A D S players out from each other:

The grind and levelling speeds.
    Last edited by Weathersky; 08-07-2011 at 03:35 AM.

Default Okay so..

OR, since there is only one major city for each faction.. make two more major cities for each faction but make it a HUGE city that has lots of room for buying house slots?

Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living, the other helps you make a life.

A guild hall would be excellent, but that guild would need to be a certain lvl to be able to build one, then expand it as the guild lvl'd.

Player housing, no way, never has been needed in any game IMO, its just a place to hold your trash.
    CROWFL (cleric) Defiant or Guardian

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Adebar View Post
    "...houses at night and WRECK UP THE PLACE!"
    I read that in Nixon's voice from Futurama... Damn you.

How about the houses will be instanced, but into "neighborhoods?" This will not only reduce lag, but will be more space convenient. If we had houses on Telara (as in the mainland), there would be HUGE areas needed to be added. If Rift gets 10 million players, how would that work out (just an example)? They would constantly have to add patches which add land area.

How you get to the neighborhoods is you can go to a portal or NPC, like how instanced housing was on Runescape (friend's brother played it) or how on Rift there's a porticulum NPC. Upon entering the portal/talking to the NPC, you will get a list, like the shard list, and you can choose which neighborhood to go to.

Know to deal with how the housing will work out. The plots of land can be large-ish, but it can be bought in different sizes (EX (just example numbers): an empty plot would be 100x100 units, but when a person buys it, they can buy either a small (40x40), medium (60x60), or large (100x100 aka the whole plot) area within that plot, like how you will buy land in real life then build a house upon it.

Feedback?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Liavy View Post
    Instanced guild halls spread the population too thin, not so much personal housing. Ever play EQ2? Only thing personal housing is used for is for the Magical Door To Guild Hall you can set up in there.

Bind outside your house and, like magic, you have to Guild Hall soul recalls.

The other things for EQ2 housing:

The AA respec mirror.. you could only have 2 "role" in terms of AA specs, and you couldn't switch them on the fly, only in your house.

They also added a house only crafting storage box, which was very handy.

Other than that, it was just fun to decorate when you were sick of grinding, which had the added benefit of helping the economy with mats and there was a carpenter crafting profession.

Its the instanced guild halls and all the amenities you could by there.... think auctioneer, vendor, healer, wizard ports, barber, training dummies, the equivalent of a banner scroll porter, all crafting tables, crafting vendors.... there was never a need to go into the city.

What about putting it in Meridian or Sanctum? Instanced housing could be a possibility this way.
    If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body...then only left-handed people are in their right minds. -- Anonymous

I don't care how they do it. I want a house. To decorate. Trion, please make it so! Moar wordz. The end.

^

I just want housing, something to decorate and store more crap in would make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Andronicus View Post

-discuss
    farmville is played by non gamer moms. if you dont believe me, look at your moms farmville neighbor list.

this is an mmorpg, not farmville, not sim city or the sims. choose another game to get your creation fix and then come back and play this game for what it is. may i recommend spore.

Soulwalker

Default Guild Hall & House (Housing)

I propose an instanced Guild Hall where you can interact with all the people from your guild and within that instance you could create individual houses; this could be accessed by a translocation device from Meridian or Sanctum.

This would alleviate the lagg in main towns and it would make people feel a sense of community with their Guilds.

Note to RIFT: if people have a sense of comminity and make friends within the game, it makes it harder for us to quit RIFT, so Guild Halls means less people leaving RIFT and more money in your pockets !!!

Lyosh...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast