+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Neosquid

Thread: LFD Guild Ninjas

Default LFD Guild Ninjas

Find a way to stop everyone in a group rolling on 1 piece of loot to give to their guildie in the group. I shouldn't have to out roll a tank, a dps and a mage healer for a dps weapon. It's crap. They all roll need and trade it to the one they wanted to give it too. It's crap.

Yep, sucks.

Moral of the story? Don't stay in queues with guilds. I never do. Port out and make them wait 5 mins to kick you so you don't get a debuff.

Sure you could do that but they should find a way to prevent it in the first place. It can't be to hard to write code or something preventing Mages and tanks from rolling need on dps gear. I don't want to sound like a loot ***** so if I lost it to another dps that's fine....but the way that crap went down is dumb.
    Last edited by Neosquid; 08-06-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KnirpsLyn View Post
    Yep, sucks.

Moral of the story? Don't stay in queues with guilds. I never do. Port out and make them wait 5 mins to kick you so you don't get a debuff.
    It is pretty said that this is the solution but I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    Sure you could do that but they should find a way to prevent it in the first place. It can't be to hard to write code or something preventing Mages and tanks from rolling need on dps gear. I don't want to sound like a loot ***** so if I lost it to another dps that's fine....but the way that crap went down is dumb.
    The problem i see with doing that is rift promotes us using all the multi roles we have available (5). If you lock a tank out of rolling need on dps item or a dps rolling on tank items... ect ect.
    You have now just taken away some of that sweet i can have 5 roles.
    If you try to limit it by armor class that will suck also since due to trions own doing warrior dps prefer leather (not the players fault) and some clerics prefer cloth (not sure i dont play one just what i have heard).
    Until Trion fixs that issue it would be unfair to lock a class out of what is best for them atm.
    That just covers armor, trinkets rinks and necks would be a whole other can of worms.

Some thing does need to be done but not sure how they could go about that and still remain true to the multi-role system and the way they designed souls to work with certain stats.

Rift Disciple

Something someone else has suggested might be the best way.

Roll need and it autobinds, and looses all value, can no longer be runebroken, and can't be traded via the current method.

Now granted this makes it hard to fix mistaken looting, but it prevents a person from having extra rolls to get an item. Maybe they can find a way to apply this to xShard Groups only as that seems to be where the issue is coming from, while finding a way to still allow for trading when all the people in the group are from the same shard, as I know people that get a full group then use the random dungeon queue.
    Last edited by Hawklaser; 08-06-2011 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfetx View Post
    If you try to limit it by armor class that will suck also since due to trions own doing warrior dps prefer leather (not the players fault) and some clerics prefer cloth (not sure i dont play one just what i have heard).
    Until Trion fixs that issue it would be unfair to lock a class out of what is best for them atm.
    That just covers armor, trinkets rinks and necks would be a whole other can of worms.
    I hope this gets fixed but I am not sure when. Has been complained about since beginning of game.

+ Reply to Thread