+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stop resetting soul tree"s

Default Stop resetting soul tree"s

GETTING TOTALLY TIRED OF THESE EVER ONGOING SOUL RESETS< MY GOD WHAT WITH U GUYS?

YOU ARE LOSING PEEPS RIGHT AND LEFT STOP INCREASING IT BECAUSE ON OF THE 24/7 PEEPS IS WHINNING AGAIN ABOUT OP

Thank you for listening to my rant
    Last edited by Kalevala; 08-06-2011 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Inappropriate Language removed
    CROWFL (cleric) Defiant or Guardian

They need to reset them whenever they make a major change in a soul. Pray-tell, how can they let you keep your spec when they remove or add abilities in the branches and roots?

They're allowed to change the souls around as the game changes. There's nothing wrong with that. Adapt to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Morvick View Post
    They need to reset them whenever they make a major change in a soul. Pray-tell, how can they let you keep your spec when they remove or add abilities in the branches and roots?

They're allowed to change the souls around as the game changes. There's nothing wrong with that. Adapt to it.
    The OP's rant was a little over the top, and no one takes you seriously when you use all caps (thats just annoying), but they really could stop automatically resetting them. If they remove abilities, the icon simply won't work on your hotbar any more. If they add them, it's up to you to find them. Make the "free soul reset" just that. Allow a player to choose to do it at the trainer, one time, for free. They could even say, "Since we changed Cabalist so much, we are letting all clerics have a free respec. Use it on any role you want." The fee for respec is more of an annoyance than a gold sink anyway. This would not be very difficult at all, as there is obviously a flag attached to your character for it. Your very first respec is free, no matter how late you take it.
    Last edited by Jaelon; 08-06-2011 at 06:56 AM.
    I'm wearing my asbestos underwear. Flame on!
    Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    So buy a keyboard that lets you assign macros....

I've played since launch and I don't mind pressing a line of buffs... repetitive, sure... but so is masturbation... still we keep doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaelon View Post
    The OP's rant was a little over the top, and no one takes you seriously when you use all caps (thats just annoying), but they really could stop automatically resetting them. If they remove abilities, the icon simply won't work on your hotbar any more. If they add them, it's up to you to find them. Make the "free soul reset" just that. Allow a player to choose to do it at the trainer, one time, for free. They could even say, "Since we changed Cabalist so much, we are letting all clerics have a free respec. Use it on any role you want." The fee for respec is more of an annoyance than a gold sink anyway.
    And yet if they completely rehaul a host of abilities (like they recently did with Cabalist, or the previous huge change to Dominator), they literally change how that soul plays from the ground up. At that point we're not talking about one or two abilities, but the entire tree and class mechanics are altered.

It's not for the Dev team to determine that if you have fewer than 10 points in a soul to not reset it, and how are they to know if your whole build is centered around a few of these core, changed abilities? A soul reset is a simple, quick solution. Let the person rebuild their soul as previous if the change doesn't affect them -- it's not like they're out any extra cash anyway. =]
    Last edited by Morvick; 08-06-2011 at 06:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

yes caps are annoying, sorry, but extremely frustrated with having to completely redo spell bars. and redo soul tree's. Your suggestion seems to be a fair way to solve that problem, thank you, for that insight.
    CROWFL (cleric) Defiant or Guardian

Ascendant

Sometimes it's necessary to avoid creating a buggy mess on your toon.

For example, if they change a talent which has three ranks in it to a different one which only has one rank then points are just going to have to be reset. Otherwise you're risking serious bugs or even possible exploits slipping through. Not to mention points spent on your toon which aren't actually in any talent at all.
    Last edited by Kedon; 08-06-2011 at 07:05 AM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Morvick View Post
    And yet if they completely rehaul a host of abilities (like they recently did with Cabalist, or the previous huge change to Dominator), they literally change how that soul plays from the ground up. At that point we're not talking about one or two abilities, but the entire tree and class mechanics are altered.

It's not for the Dev team to determine that if you have fewer than 10 points in a soul to not reset it, and how are they to know if your whole build is centered around a few of these core, changed abilities? A soul reset is a simple, quick solution. Let the person rebuild their soul as previous if the change doesn't affect them -- it's not like they're out any extra cash anyway. =]
    The point you seem to be missing, or rather avoiding since it is more fun to argue than to agree, is that it does not have to be something the devs do for us. Certainly give the option. If they remove a skill, obviously those points are no longer spent. If they move it from "tree" to "root" those points would automatically be unspent too. Not something the Devs do per se, just happens because taking the skill off the table your total spent points now only equal 48, not 51. The fact that they set everything back to zero is nearly as annoying as someone who says "It isn't something that really would affect the way I play, but they should not do it anyway."
    I'm wearing my asbestos underwear. Flame on!
    Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    So buy a keyboard that lets you assign macros....

I've played since launch and I don't mind pressing a line of buffs... repetitive, sure... but so is masturbation... still we keep doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowfl View Post
    yes caps are annoying, sorry, but extremely frustrated with having to completely redo spell bars. and redo soul tree's. Your suggestion seems to be a fair way to solve that problem, thank you, for that insight.
    You only have to change your spell bars completely if you go for a completely different spec.

I've got a spec on my cleric that has been subject of resets for the last three patches, but to be honest I would get grumpy if they did not give me the option to change the spec when they did major changes. Two out of three times they managed to change a talent so much that I didn't feel the need to have it anymore.

And well, I don't know how often it happens for you, but I've hardly seen any forced resets on any of my other specs, including those on my alt. It takes me around 5-10 minutes to rebuild my specs if they are reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Talila View Post
    You only have to change your spell bars completely if you go for a completely different spec.

I've got a spec on my cleric that has been subject of resets for the last three patches, but to be honest I would get grumpy if they did not give me the option to change the spec when they did major changes. Two out of three times they managed to change a talent so much that I didn't feel the need to have it anymore.

And well, I don't know how often it happens for you, but I've hardly seen any forced resets on any of my other specs, including those on my alt. It takes me around 5-10 minutes to rebuild my specs if they are reset.
    This, everything else everyone has said, and with the updated spell book it's even easier to set skills.

I think his problem is that he's using the option in his settings to remove hotbar abilities that he technically no longer has.

And, Jaelon, yes, it does. People are stupid, I'm sorry. But they are. They are absent-minded, air-headed, and usually will sit on the patcher screen the entire 4 hours of downtime, with new notes in front of them, and wait to log in to pester someone else with what the patch notes were, expecting someone else to magically know exactly what they are interested in.

If the devs didn't resset their trees, they'd be running around with missing points/skills and most likely come onto the suggestion forums and suggest Trion not be stupid and fix their class when they haven't even tried to find out what the problem was. (as I've seen before)

+ Reply to Thread