+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Additional Ascended Powers

Default Additional Ascended Powers

A few suggested ideas, they've been bouncing around in my head for a while. Some are a bit more usable or promising than others, of course.

Guardian spell name / Defiant spell name

Anoint / Transference
    Cost: 1 Planar Charge
    Channeled (6 seconds)
    Grant the targeted Ally a Planar Charge. Not usable if target has 3 Planar Charges.

Hymn of the Five / Sourcestone Gate
    Cost: 3 Planar Charge
    Cooldown: 1 Hour
    Summon a squad of uncontrollable reinforcement NPCs to your location. Only usable while beneath an active Rift.

Summon Tradesman / Summon Tradesman
    Cooldown: 2 Minutes
    Summon an ally merchant to provide vending services, and access to the player's Bank. Tradesman lasts 2 minutes.

Deliverance / Translocation
    Cooldown: 2 Hours
    Not usable in combat. Teleports the player to the nearest friendly Porticulum Master.

Prophetic Footsteps / Planar Bridge*
    Cooldown: 2 Hours
    Usable only while beneath an active Rift in its final Stage. Lasts 5 minutes. If the Rift is closed while this spell is active, the Player will be brought to the corresponding Plane.

*This is an iffy one, more than the rest (and would admittedly require the most work), but could be cool all the same.
    If the player successfully casts this spell, any allies who are in a Raid or Party with them will also receive a verification to travel to the Plane with them. This would be an instanced event where an endless horde of Planar foes attack the Ascended. The enemies are scaled to the highest-level player and approach in increasingly difficult waves until all players are dead. At that point, the players are brought back to Telara where the old Rift had been. Special rewards are available while inside this map, and are treated much the same as Rift Loot.
    Last edited by Morvick; 08-05-2011 at 10:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

I have some ideas too!!

Derp/Herp
    Creates a totally useless and planar charge-wasting ability that lasts for 5 seconds. Can only be used at
    12pm on a tuesday at positions 1234/5678 and abcd/wxyz.
    jokes, im just kidding with ya

Quote Originally Posted by Many bugs View Post
    I have some ideas too!!

Derp/Herp
    Creates a totally useless and planar charge-wasting ability that lasts for 5 seconds. Can only be used at
    12pm on a tuesday at positions 1234/5678 and abcd/wxyz.
    jokes, im just kidding with ya
    No no, keep going. I feel like this spell has great promise!

xD I take that as a general positive consensus from you, then?
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Coconut/Shrubnard
    Cost- 3 planar charges
    Useable at-under a life rift
    -Summons over 2000 shrubnards and coconuts to the target location. After shouting 'Powerrangers!!' they merge with each other to form a shrubnut, which deals 5kDPS to all the children's brains who are currently watching the show. After many reruns it will divide into over 20 different storylines and actors, all of which are bad.
    (note, all CGI and choreography effects are significantly reduced while active)
    :[)

Banishment / Planar Sunder
    Cost: 1 planar charge
    Cooldown: 5 min
    Send the target Invasion Leader back to his home plane. No reward is earned. Target must be 5 levels above your level or lower.
    Last edited by TheDrizzle404; 08-06-2011 at 12:53 AM.

I am liking this thread. Planar charge powers are great, gets you using them more then closing more rifts to repower.

I hope they take note of this suggestion it has great merit...well to me anyway, well done.

Even the joke ones to provide light relief.

Divine Healing / Runic Mending
    Casting Time: 5 seconds
    Heals your soul back to 100% vitality. Can not be used while already at full vitality.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle404 View Post
    Divine Healing / Runic Mending
    Heals your soul back to 100% vitality. Can not be used while already at full vitality.
    MEDIC!!! Already mate, they probably wouldn't do that one as you heal via the medic. But if it was 3 charges and made it free as an individual power, so you only soul healed yourself for free for the use of 3 charges that would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvenaru View Post
    MEDIC!!! Already mate, they probably wouldn't do that one as you heal via the medic. But if it was 3 charges and made it free as an individual power, so you only soul healed yourself for free for the use of 3 charges that would be nice.
    That'd also eliminate my main drain of platinum. I'd be rich otherwise! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Morvick View Post
    Anoint / Transference
    Channeled (6 seconds)
    Grant the targeted Ally a Planar Charge. Not usable if target has 3 Planar Charges.
    I am not sure I like this one. Planar Charges are rewarded for doing rifts (open world activities) and I do not want less people in the open world but I want more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvenaru View Post
    does the medic power already call a healer that can mend your soul? i thought itd be like an npc that follows you around and heals you for a short duration or something.

Quote Originally Posted by July13th View Post
    I am not sure I like this one. Planar Charges are rewarded for doing rifts (open world activities) and I do not want less people in the open world but I want more.
    This wouldn't really see less people doing rifts though.

You are essentially trading a planar charge to another player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debase View Post
    If the only target audience for Rift is disenfranchised WoW players, its doomed imo.

Plane Walker

sumon talaran postal dispatcher
    Cooldown: 30 minutes

summons a talaren postal dispatches that offers the same services as a mailbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Noaani View Post
    This wouldn't really see less people doing rifts though.

You are essentially trading a planar charge to another player.
    i don't know how much it would effect it but right now both those players need to be in open world closing rifts to build up their charges. If someone gives me their charge that is less incentive for me to do rifts because 3 people can give charges. Instead of 4 people doing rifts now you only have 3 people doing rifts.

Ascendant

I can definitely see the use for transferring Planar Charges in dungeons/raids. I'm sure we've all had the annoying situation where a groupie's soul vitality gets very low and asks if someone can call a medic. Followed by a chorus of "Sorry, I've only 1/2 charges". Save a lot of hassle to pass a charge to someone so they can call one up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast