+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any more news on Fishing ?

Default Any more news on Fishing ?

I saw a rather vague statement about introducing secondary skills, but nothing further.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas79 View Post
    I saw a rather vague statement about introducing secondary skills, but nothing further.

I would also like to see some secondary skills, such as cooking, fishing, so on.... Maybe some type of rift essence trapping? Which could give stat bonuses? ( Or that could be a primary profession)

Soulwalker

Smile Please add Fishing to Rift.

Please add a secondary skill for fishing to Rift.

Wow had it down in the beginning with the fishing skill adding spells to food items, fishing gear, armor, poles, and competition fishing. Relaxing from regular guild / the big push of normal raid / pvp / dungeon game play etc... However, what I believed they always lacked was the ability to take your own boat out on the sea (With a friend or 2 !!!! ) and say access an area where it would be very hard to get to and fish. Having to earn Rep with some kind of point system and skills to receive a boat / or boat mount would be a grand idea, let alone create a massive competition and or demand in the AH for those items you could conjure by fishing and gathering.

Even maybe going as far as making epic fishing poles, reels, line, hooks, bait (from cooking) etc...

I believe fishing would benefit the entire community in one way or another. Especially for folks who enjoy playing the game on their own (solo) and or with friends and who have chaotic / conflicting schedules that would like to log on and just relax at times and enjoy the game for its casual gaming aspects. Soak in the digital environment and perks that make Rift the great game it is.

Thanks.

Show

If you add fishing you have to add housing. Both are just as much fluff as the other and just as disliked by those that dont want it.

Not saying I am one way or the other about either fishing or housing, just saying if you add one add the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunger View Post
    If you add fishing you have to add housing. Both are just as much fluff as the other and just as disliked by those that dont want it.

Not saying I am one way or the other about either fishing or housing, just saying if you add one add the other.
    I'd prefer housing more than fishing. I don't see the allure to fishing. I can just as easily go fishing in RL and it's just as boring in a video game.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    I'd prefer housing more than fishing. I don't see the allure to fishing. I can just as easily go fishing in RL and it's just as boring in a video game.
    the point of the suggestion is "to each his own " I think . In other words : what might be enjoyable for part of the player base isn't necessarily for all players . The idea is to add stuff to have something to do for folks not into dungeons /raids etc.
    That's always been part of all major MMO's .You have the mining stuff in EVE as well, that doesn't mean everyone does it .I never really pursued fishing in WoW either but could sure acknowledge its "value " and would do the same for Rift . Someone might enjoy fishing/cooking IRL as well, doesn't mean everyone does it ....or HAS to do it .

The same goes for housing . I can imagine there's folks who couldn't care less if that was implemented but that's not the point of it .

+ Reply to Thread