+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Ladea

Thread: official model viewer

Default official model viewer

id ike to suggest trion create and release a Rift model viewer program, similar to that of WoW model viewer. since itd be official, hopefully it would be more reliable than any fan made one. this is a pretty important program for machinima artists. machinima usually becomes a decent part of an mmorpg's culture, and you would be helping that along.

just a dream of mine.

Shadowlander

You are looking for a program to look at the 3d models? Like a nifskope type thing or Grannyviewer? and whats manchinima whatever it was?

basically, yes. more like WoW model viewer where you could export the models to use in a 3d animation program, or even just export them as GIFs for insertion into movie making programs.

a machinima is a fan made video using game characters

Shadowlander

So with this wow viewer you are ripping the models and importing them into a video animation sequencer? How does it know what format the models are? Or do you import them in a different format? What kind of meshses does this wow viewer make? Just curious, I have made tons of custom armors and weapons for just about every bethesda game using blender and nifskope. But I never heard of what you are talking about until I read your post.

Be friggin sweet if I could edit some of the models ingame and reimport them and have it work. Like taking the deer antlers off that cool looking plate helm and make my pie tin size tower shield a little bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Banewrath Sunblade View Post
    So with this wow viewer you are ripping the models and importing them into a video animation sequencer? How does it know what format the models are? Or do you import them in a different format? What kind of meshses does this wow viewer make? Just curious, I have made tons of custom armors and weapons for just about every bethesda game using blender and nifskope. But I never heard of what you are talking about until I read your post.

Be friggin sweet if I could edit some of the models ingame and reimport them and have it work. Like taking the deer antlers off that cool looking plate helm and make my pie tin size tower shield a little bigger.
    here
    http://www.youtube.com/user/iwkya1
    that guy explains a ton of it in many vids if youre really interested. ;)

still interested in this idea. fans havent made a model viewer yet either.

!!!Holy Necro Thread Batman!!!

We are still waiting for that model viewer

Rift Raving Rogue Sez PLZ !!

lol, well thanks for the bump. im still interested in this as well. it shouldnt be too hard to do.

yes this is something trion really should do

but considering their own character models make them uncomfortable I doubt they ever will

Would be nice to have one. I know there's a site for aion that has stuff like that. I used it a lot back when I played it.

Yes, yes, a thousand times, yes! I have really missed not having a model viewer. I used to do all sorts of fun things from gag graphics, to wallpapers, to icons, etc. in WoW.

Examples!

Guitar Hero featuring my fiance's paladin.
    My guild's version of Iron Chef.
    My guild themed tabloid.

Yeah, I miss making those. :P

lol, those are nice.

im still using a wallpaper i made using wowmodelviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladea View Post
    Guitar Hero featuring my fiance's paladin.

Yeah, I miss making those. :P
    I've been thinking about that for the bard role .. we still need that viewer y'all

Default Hope Trion Worlds will release one... :)

Would be very cool to have a Model Viewer for Rift. More cool fanmade wallpapers, movies, ... to see (on youtube, vimeo, ...) which also gives more publicity for Rift ofcourse!
    I'm sure there are alot of creative/talented Rift players who would make a lot of cool stuff with it.

I'm all up for it! ;)
    Last edited by Florz; 04-22-2012 at 07:35 AM.

+ Reply to Thread