+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 6 man dungeons

Default 6 man dungeons

If there's a new tier of dungeons released, it might make sense to have 6 man groups instead of 5. Right now, we've got way too many DPS in queue.

I think 1 healer, 1 tank, 1 support and 3 dps would be ideal. This would lessen queue times for dps. It would also encourage support to actually go support. You also come up with some cool combos for certain situations; like having an off tank or two healers or even 4 dps.

I didn't really think this through, it just kinda popped into my head; lemme know what you think
    "All we had to do was follow the damn train CJ"

Quote Originally Posted by tebhi View Post
    If there's a new tier of dungeons released, it might make sense to have 6 man groups instead of 5. Right now, we've got way too many DPS in queue.

I think 1 healer, 1 tank, 1 support and 3 dps would be ideal. This would lessen queue times for dps. It would also encourage support to actually go support. You also come up with some cool combos for certain situations; like having an off tank or two healers or even 4 dps.

I didn't really think this through, it just kinda popped into my head; lemme know what you think
    That's the way most other games with a dedicated support role run. This 5 man thing just doesn't work, probably why WoW didn't have a dedicated support role.

Quote Originally Posted by Efaicia View Post
    That's the way most other games with a dedicated support role run. This 5 man thing just doesn't work, probably why WoW didn't have a dedicated support role.
    WoW didn't have ANY support because the game didn't have support classes or trees.

On the subject, though... 6 person partys sound cool as long as dedicated support roles are still included. Although it would require major tweaking to ALL encounters in current 5 mans because, as you said, possible dual tanks/etc.

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

Would rather see 3 person dungeons in the future that are relatively easy to tank and heal. The calling system allows superior flexibility to how people play. The fault of any overwhelming amount of DPS is not Trion's fault, unless they've made the dungeons so hard that people are afraid to tank or heal them. I know I'm afraid to main heal with my chloro. Most of my skills have 1.5 second inductions, or are long channeled. How am I supposed to do Konstantin, or the last boss of AP, or maybe Plutonus, where you always have to be moving? I'm sure some leet players manage it barely, but anyway...you get my point.

I actually Queue DPS but play support instead unless the boss is a DPS race. You heard it here first. I still do competitive DPS (topped the last xDSM group I was in), but also bring so much more, and it's always a win.
    Last edited by Silverangel69; 08-05-2011 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KnirpsLyn View Post
    it would require major tweaking to ALL encounters in current 5 mans because, as you said, possible dual tanks/etc.
    I agree, this would be too difficult to implement with the current dungeons. There would need to be a new set of dungeons built around the larger party size; maybe T3 dungeons or something.
    Last edited by tebhi; 08-05-2011 at 02:49 PM.
    "All we had to do was follow the damn train CJ"

+ Reply to Thread