+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Artisan Marks vs. Plaques

Lightbulb Artisan Marks vs. Plaques

Mind you, fitting to this section this is a Suggestion.

-The ability to trade x amount of Artisan Marks for Plaques instead.

This because I find myself rarely spending the Artisan Marks. Most recipes that are actually useful to craft, especially with all the gear updates right now, can only be purchased with Plaques and not the marks. I have them building up now in my currency tab and though that's all fine and dandy, there's not much to spend them on. Instead, it would be nice if you'd be able to exchange like, 500 Marks for 1 Plaque. This won't speed things up too much, if you have 3 crafts maxed out and do all the dailies, you'll get about 120'ish Artisan Marks per day so you'd still need to grind a few days until you can buy a new plaque but it would offer more encouragement to do the crafting dailies rather than just the weeklies.

As I said, this is just a suggestion from my side and I have no idea if it's been suggested before.

I'd like that.

All my crafters lave long since bought ALL the recipes that can be gotten via Artisan Marks (for all 6 crafting areas). The only thing I am lacking is Plaques. As a result, I really don't bother doing crafting dailies anymore. I just do the Crafting Weekly, and open Crafting Rifts so I have a chance at getting another Crafting Plaque.

An Artisan Mark to Crafting Plaque system would at least give me an incentive to keep doing the crafting dailies.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Artisan marks are already so easy to get. And you can get 1 guaranteed plaque a week plus at least 7+ chances for one.

Unless they made the exchange rate insanely high.... i think this is a very bad idea. 500 to 1 seems like a good starting point but id almost argue that it be higher then that since they just made it so you have a higher chance to get even more marks. Theres a reason why recipes cost currency, time, and effort. Lets not make it so easy to get things that everyone and their mother has one.
    Last edited by No_Exit; 08-05-2011 at 09:18 AM.

I know, I'm not asking for "easy" plaques - just a slight increase in obtaining them. We had a guild run today burning through a total of 32 lures and *no one* had even 1 plaque drop. All the while the new recipes cost even more plaques than the "old" purples. Like I said, I'm not looking for an easy/quick way for things, just a minor change. On top of that, owning the recipe doesn't mean someone will suddenly mass produce the items since the cost per craft and of the ingredients is extremely high atm. Radiant Witchweave and the new lumber is running for 50/60p each on our shard atm.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    Artisan marks are already so easy to get. And you can get 1 guaranteed plaque a week plus at least 7+ chances for one.

Unless they made the exchange rate insanely high.... i think this is a very bad idea. 500 to 1 seems like a good starting point but id almost argue that it be higher then that since they just made it so you have a higher chance to get even more marks. Theres a reason why recipes cost currency, time, and effort. Lets not make it so easy to get things that everyone and their mother has one.
    It's a game, whilst I don't think non raiders need raid level gear for open world content yet...I still do not see why recipies should be stupidly hard to get. 200 to 1 seems fine, that way you could get 2 or 3 a week, but make it a condition that you character has EVERY recipie that costs artisan marks first and has to do a quest or two to learn how to convert marks to plaques then you have a bit more depth...or have it as a repeatable quest to convert them using quest drops....NOT crafting materials.

Make it fun but not stupidly hard. If you make a casual game stupidly hard 5% will be happy, 35% might be ok about it, the rest will range from not sure about continuing to leaving. Keep the massess happy and then you have a happier player base. the uber 5% will get over it as they have a new uber raid to go at....the contented can now play at raiding in the DH to pre gear up for GSB and the others can get better gear from crafting to make t1/2s more than comfortable.

Make it FUN, not hard

+ Reply to Thread