+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Xp for money!...or other stuff

Default Xp for money!...or other stuff

At 50 we are all earning a lot of xp, maybe from questing or maybe from doing warfronts. Be nice if we could earn into a pool and then maybe trade it like a currency for other currency. This would not be to replace earning those currencies straight up, but maybe to take off the edge of grinding. Just like buying sourcestone tickets to maybe give an alt, you can do it but it is expensive while taking the edge of grinding an alt.

My basic idea is you earn into a pool. This pool should be capped, but maybe at half of a level for whenever level cap is increased. Then you trade so much xp for so much of other currency. Maybe 1 planaerite for 100xp, 1 plat for 100xp, 1 plaqe for achievement for 3000xp, and the new raid plaque for 1:10000xp. Even maybe 1 favor for 10xp, before the pvp crowd yells let me explain the reasoning behind that one.

A viable way to level up is to do warfronts, we know that they give a reasonable amount of xp. On top of that pvp players have daily quests that give out up to 9600 xp which converted at 10xp give you 960 favor. So basically you maybe had one good match in warfronts and won in comparison. Killing players, winning warfronts, and doing daily pvp quests will give a good amount of xp. With the new plaque system for buying better gear and prestige it will still be a grind to get to the top. This would only take a little edge off the grind.

Same for trading plaques, it will take the edge off the grind. We all know that better gear drops then what you can buy in the store, not to mention the weapons, so in the long run it just lets players get to the more fun content a little faster. You still have a faster time of it if you ran dungeons, but this will let you unlock content faster and reduce grind. Unless you actually LIKE grind this is good to reduce. Alternatively you could just accumulate your xp pool then save it for whenever the level gets raised.
    I cut through the gears of destiny to forge my own fate.

Telaran

Default Could work...

Something sort of like it call AA
    Something like that?
    Where you could swap gains for points/curency?

Not sure in sanctuary, but the first floor of the tower in meridian seems a good place to put the vendors.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Moon2587 View Post
    Not sure in sanctuary, but the first floor of the tower in meridian seems a good place to put the vendors.
    As long as the vendors have a debuff forcing players to dismount such that you can actualy use the vendor. In terms of location: could also replace one of the guards hanging out in the court yard as at the moment they don't even point you to stuff anyway.

Xp for like Heirlooms?

I suppose, but heirlooms arn't really needed in this game. Its not that hard to hit 50. Most of the grinding has been saved for after you hit 50 not before.

Default yep... it's kind of a no-Brainer

At 50 we are all earning a lot of xp, maybe from questing or maybe from doing warfronts

Since it's increasingly difficult to earn cash at 50 given that a fairly large portion of your dailies return only Tokens, how bout a ratio of like 3:1 XP:Gold.

I'd also like to see a conversion mechanism for "Tokens" that are now useless because some World Event, or Release version changed. Having thousands of reserve "Rune King Seals" rotting away in a bank slot doesn't make me want to smile...
    I'm lost.
    I've gone to find myself.
    If I should return before I get back,
    please ask me to wait!

Quote Originally Posted by PaleHorseman View Post
    I'd also like to see a conversion mechanism for "Tokens" that are now useless because some World Event, or Release version changed. Having thousands of reserve "Rune King Seals" rotting away in a bank slot doesn't make me want to smile...
    you know theres a world event vendor near all the crafting stuff in meridian that sells old world event items for their currency?

Yes, I know that, but if you read the part about "thousands of reserve tokens" then you should probably conclude that I already have everything that's of any use from that vendor.

And No, I don't find it at all humorous that all but one lil planar focus is "costume" from the runeguards at the highest level.

Therefore, I want a conversion mechanism into the "new" currency, whatever that happens to be this month.
    Last edited by PaleHorseman; 08-05-2011 at 08:12 PM.
    I'm lost.
    I've gone to find myself.
    If I should return before I get back,
    please ask me to wait!

why did you bother earning extra tokens you didnt want? work at job A isnt going to earn you overtime at job B.

Soulwalker

I kinda agree with something needing to be done with the extra EXP after you hit 50. A Conversion to money would probably be the simplest solution.

+ Reply to Thread