+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Dragon motes... wut?

Default Dragon motes... wut?

please significantly increase the spawn rate or base it on server/zone population I'm on an extremely populated server and I NEVER see them the few times I have seen one high enough level to finish my quest they were gone less than half way of me running to them.

I'm just trying to get my daily done here let alone farm the artifacts or the hat.

Fix moonshade mop-up first though =p
    Last edited by Magetron; 08-05-2011 at 03:25 AM.
    Your new world order will lead to none at all.

I've only been able to find one at all so far. Please at least make it show on the world map which zones they're up in, so I don't have to mess around porting between the three locations that will actually have green motes and hoping there's something there...

I've only seen 3 at a time pop in a zone. I can never make it to more than one in time, if that. And that's by dragging a train along that has me almost dead by the time I reach it. And there I meet others who have gotten there first, with their trains beating on them. It's a very nerve-wracking experience. Not one that I look forward to repeating 50 times.
    Last edited by Shattered; 08-05-2011 at 05:17 AM.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

yeah i'm being punished for being on a high pop server

spent 15+ plat porting around looking for one

finally got to one and when I got to it the damn thing was 5% got two hits on it got nothing.

these events get more annoying every time

Soulwalker

Thumbs down

Try harder.

I'm on a high pop server and have gotten plenty.

Stop whining.

Quote Originally Posted by zardos66 View Post
    Try harder.

I'm on a high pop server and have gotten plenty.

Stop whining.
    I'm so tired of people like you, really, enjoy your basement with all the time in the world to wait on them. Do you enjoy your false sense of superiority and accomplishment? Stay off the forums if you want to be a child. I raid have a full time job and a wife I don't have time to wait more than two hours just to get a single daily quest done constantly portal hopping to find one I'm so happy that you do have that kind of time and find enjoyment from standing still watching your map for untold periods of time.
    Last edited by Magetron; 08-05-2011 at 05:53 AM.

How will i ever see one at all at level 50? There is no reason to enter Stillmoor or IPP.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=92262&dateline=134088  9999

They do need to bump up the spawn rate just a bit. Even on a medium pop server unless your constantly zone hopping looking for them your rarely going to get to one before its gone. Sorry but i dont play 24/7 and have time and money to waste zone hopping non stop. I work full time, have RL responsibilities, and am in a hard core raiding guild. Im busy damnit....

Sadly you just gave him the response he wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    How will i ever see one at all at level 50? There is no reason to enter Stillmoor or IPP.
    No reason to enter stillmoor or IPP ? so you don't craft or do faction daily quests or the events that you can do or use omen sight to go red shiny hunting I could go on lol ....well you have an excuse to go there now I guess

For farming the motes aka dragon manure, yes, you need to be "lucky" to not only be in a zone in which they dropped, but they need to be at least green to you and fairly nearby since it only takes 3-4 people about 2 minutes to destroy them.

However, there is another way - or so I'm told. I understand these dragon manure bits (tears) also drop from zone events, rifts, invasions and footholds - again if they are green to you.

I do know I received some (70+) after doing a zone event and a couple rifts in Stillmoor while our group of 4 was farming elites for faction. It rained motes and one appeared very close to us, so we went over and killed it within a couple minutes. I got 11 tears out of that. From the zone event or a rift (don't know which cause I didn't look in the rift loot thingie), I also received a yeller dragon something, which I haven't a clue what it is for, if anything import.

All I know is my bags get full of all this change of currency of otherworldly (still haven't finished one of those quests), seals and now dragon manure.

So instead of concentrating on these few dragon manures that might or might rain down in your zone and they are green and nearby so you can get to it, work the zone events, rifts, invasions and footholds. Then if you are lucky enough to be near one of these "motes" consider it a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Magetron View Post
    I'm so tired of people like you, really, enjoy your basement with all the time in the world to wait on them. Do you enjoy your false sense of superiority and accomplishment? Stay off the forums if you want to be a child. I raid have a full time job and a wife I don't have time to wait more than two hours just to get a single daily quest done constantly portal hopping to find one I'm so happy that you do have that kind of time and find enjoyment from standing still watching your map for untold periods of time.
    he's not the one crying like a baby
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Plane Touched

Magetron's dramatic response didn't help, but I don't blame him. The psychology behind telling people to "stop whining" is a slice of narcissism and blatant trolling. It's also kind of sad.

Anyways, yeah I agree on the spawn rate. I haven't had too much trouble finding them but I was kind of Johnny on the spot with that **** and got lucky more than once because they spawned near me.

It's also in high contrast to the Aelfwar (sp) corpses outside of Sanctum - there are a billion of those and the motes are few and far between.

Yeah, the spawn rate does seem kinda low. Would be nice if they bumped it up a touch. Not too high though. Just enough to counteract roving 50s who decide it's fun to obliterate motes in 30 seconds before anyone in the mote's level range can get to them. (i.e. in lower level and mid level zones)

But if they don't, oh well.

-Shrug- There's other things to do, so it doesn't bother me much. The loot from the vendors is pretty neat, but none of it is 'amg must have or my character is forever gimped', so I'll live. xD
    Currently on Estrael.
    Gralzeim - Guardian Mage
    Vinden - Guardian Rogue
    Amywienia - Guardian Cleric
    Lissallyne - Guardian Rogue

Telaran

I took one look at the quest, read in trade they only spawn at certain events in zones, and promptly said **** that. I have absolutely no intentions of searching for a needle in a haystack. What a horrible idea this was.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast