+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cross server auction house

Default Cross server auction house

I would like the option to buy items from a cross server auction house.
    Perhaps the items would come with a 20% broker fee or something to make buying local still the preferred option when people aren't gouging or there is nothing available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashane View Post
    I would just like to add, I sure hope they don't add something to this game before they add something else that is totally unrelated to the thing they might add, because that would really tick me off or something if they added it first before the thing that should be added first even though its totally unrelated like, you know?

Telaran

Default could be useful

Could be useful on threesprings the economy(I use the term loosely) is FUBAR.
    It'd be nice to have the option to put stuff up and resonably expect to sell.
    Part of the problem is the atrocious UI...

Quote Originally Posted by xorv View Post
    Could be useful on threesprings the economy(I use the term loosely) is FUBAR.
    It'd be nice to have the option to put stuff up and resonably expect to sell.
    Part of the problem is the atrocious UI...
    No it isn't.

Threespring's economy is the most lively I've seen in 6 servers. Things are bought an sold every day, it's practically the only place you can actually sell something and make money.

The only thing cross-shard AHs would do is drain low-pop servers of mats from their AH, either because they are priced so low that the higher pop, richer servers want to sell them on their AH for the regular price, or because the people on the lower pop servers will drive the prices up so high they are inaccessable to anyone on that server, and are just there for the high pop richies.

Anyway, the only thing going on with Threespring's economy right now is people trying to get server firsts with new crafted gear, trying to make a quick buck from people who made a lot of money but don't want to farm mats for the new recipes, or people who flooded the AH with worthless stockpiles of mats that are now useful.

Give it more than one day and it'll settle down.

The only other thing I want cross server is trading BoP gear from instances to other players, for misrolls and trading. No money, no nothing else. Just that BoP gear that you can already trade to other players in the instance who are eligible.
    Last edited by KnirpsLyn; 08-05-2011 at 07:20 AM.

That is a very bad idea. It will only make it TOO EASY for gold sellers. That is what is killing COH.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Quote Originally Posted by Romiz View Post
    That is a very bad idea. It will only make it TOO EASY for gold sellers. That is what is killing COH.
    Why will it make it easier for gold sellers? Yes it would be possible to move plat between servers but only with a "tax".
    It's not like they can't load a lowbie character up on valuable items, transfer, and sell the items now.
    And why should we allow gold seller issues to interfere with features in the game.
    By your reasoning we should just disable the exchange of plat and between characters not on the same account. Gold selling gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashane View Post
    I would just like to add, I sure hope they don't add something to this game before they add something else that is totally unrelated to the thing they might add, because that would really tick me off or something if they added it first before the thing that should be added first even though its totally unrelated like, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Romiz View Post
    NO!! That's silly...it's the developers that are killing CoH. When I played, 2005-2010, I had more inf than I needed at any time, wether it was for SO's, then along came IO's and the Auction House. Many of us did not like the idea...they still did it, we got badges for doing things. Then they brought out the Player made content, and naively thought people would use it properly, then ranted and threatened when people used it to power level to 50 so they could kit out then start playing the alts.

Now the latest Incarnation...see what I did there, has turned what was a great story based and lore driven game into a basic 2 Trial grindfest that doesnt even mean you have to do a nice 5 or 6 mission task force that could take a couple of hours on. No its grind and get rewarded for failure till you have enoiugh bitss from failure to grind till you can just succeed till you can breeze through it. IN 2 Trial.

Yes I know they are bringing out a 3rd...and going FREEmium, but honestly, they have annoyed a lot of people that used to play as part of a loyal playerbase. I kept my sub up playing only 1 or 2 times a week with friends for over a year before I finally left after seeing where they were going. They just right royally annoyed a lot of people with the switch in direction.

RMT was never big in CoH and would never kill it, not even in its heyday, but the Dev's are slowly murdering it one pixel at a time

/rant from a formally dedicated 250 alt, 25 lvl 50(most IO'd out) CoH player.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
    I would like the option to buy items from a cross server auction house.
    Perhaps the items would come with a 20% broker fee or something to make buying local still the preferred option when people aren't gouging or there is nothing available.
    Excellent, Excellent suggestion. Right now, playing on a Low pop server, I find I have to import all my goods with endless transfers as our AH is deader than a post.

Soulwalker

I think every Battlegroup should use the same auction house. It would put more items and the economies would stabilize and be the same across several servers. It would be VERY nice and helpful. Right now, on my shard, the AH is barren and hardly used. UGH!

+ Reply to Thread