+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Event Currency Exchange?

Ascendant

Default Event Currency Exchange?

I'd like the option to turn my current event currency in for previous events'.

My current characters didn't exist when the death events were running, so they can't get the death events. I have alot of the death stuff on my old main, but he is on another server and on the wrong faction, so I cna't steal those.

Is there any reason why we can't exchange these tokens? Even if its at a huge loss (i.e 100 current tokens gets you 10 of the old ones) I'd do it. I want the death aura (it's fluff! Come on people!)

Ascendant

bumpitty bump bump
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Quote Originally Posted by Paikis View Post
    I'd like the option to turn my current event currency in for previous events'.

My current characters didn't exist when the death events were running, so they can't get the death events. I have alot of the death stuff on my old main, but he is on another server and on the wrong faction, so I cna't steal those.

Is there any reason why we can't exchange these tokens? Even if its at a huge loss (i.e 100 current tokens gets you 10 of the old ones) I'd do it. I want the death aura (it's fluff! Come on people!)
    I came here to post exactly this, only make it go both ways, go up to new currency (with a cut taken out) or backwards at 1:1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSquirrel View Post
    but, but...games are serious business!!!
    People need to realize that games are meant for fun. If you don't like a game then move on. Save your rage and qq for real issues.

Plane Walker

wel there is one vendor thet sells some of the old event stuff in the elemental wing of the crafring hall in meridian.

somthing i would like to see is a limit on currencies though, becouse a new currency each month can be anoying.

make currencies re occuring there is currently is a currency for the water event.
    and if you do another water based event in a month or 4 from now make it use the same water currency.

make the currency used in the death event come back in later death events

my inner collector wants this to happen since i wasnt around pre patch 1.3 (not long enough to earn anything anyways), but i understand why it cant. world events are supposed to be marks in time, and rewards for being there are proof you were there. their sentimental value decreases if anyone joining at any point in time can acquire things from your past. i know that sounds kind of nerdy, but part of the fun of an mmorpg is to collect things throughout history to show to new players who werent around at the time and think everything old you have is new and exciting.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle404 View Post
    my inner collector wants this to happen since i wasnt around pre patch 1.3 (not long enough to earn anything anyways), but i understand why it cant. world events are supposed to be marks in time, and rewards for being there are proof you were there. their sentimental value decreases if anyone joining at any point in time can acquire things from your past. i know that sounds kind of nerdy, but part of the fun of an mmorpg is to collect things throughout history to show to new players who werent around at the time and think everything old you have is new and exciting.
    Thats the thing, I was there. I sat in the que waiting to log on to do the final event and missed the whole thing. I have those items on another toon (its a guardian, I now play defiant) and I would like the ability to get that item on my tank.

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Quote Originally Posted by Paikis View Post
    Thats the thing, I was there. I sat in the que waiting to log on to do the final event and missed the whole thing. I have those items on another toon (its a guardian, I now play defiant) and I would like the ability to get that item on my tank.
    it sucks when youre there and you also dont get the reward you wanted from it. i farmed for that 1.3 mount for a long time and didnt get it, but i got other things. we both have to keep goin and hope they make the window a little more stable with each new world event. ;)

Ascendant

Horse is a fun item. That trinket is close to BiS, and it doesn't exist anymore.

+ Reply to Thread