+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Punkrockchic
  • 1 Post By Hazm4t
  • 1 Post By Hardedge

Thread: Charactor Transfers to differnt accounts

Soulwalker

Post Charactor Transfers to differnt accounts

Hey i would like to know if we can start changing charactors to differnt accounts i would like everyone to please post what they think and see if Trion will let this happen

Bad idea imo.

Either there will be so many restrictions, no one can do it and it defeats the (semi-exploitable) purpose of it, or there will be so FEW restrictions that hackers are hauling off characters to god knows where...being hacked is bad enough when you know where your characters are gonna be when you get your account back...them being able to move them around so easily usually leaves characters locked in random places, and sometimes for a long time.

Telaran

I would like to see this happen. My husband and I started Rift on one account to see if we both would like the game and we both do but the problem is there is no way for us to split up our account and we both don't want to start over and don't want to have to rename either. So I for one am in favor of this and would like to see this implemented. It greatly benefit Trion if this went threw they could make more money off something like this because that would be 30 bucks a month from my household. I know Trion isn't Blizzard but honestly that was probably the only thing they did right. However Trion seems very responsive to feedback so if we all put this into the "feedback" we could probably get this implemented.

Very bad idea.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Soulwalker

Post Well Trion can always find ways to fix this

Charge money to transfer to differnt accounts maybe 15-20$ for a charactor to a differnt account. it will help alittle bit because Gold sellers and hackers arent gonna pay money to transfer charactors EVERY where and if they do trion can always look at and see where the last place the person log on was. ALSO every MMO you have ever played and I have played theres gonna be hackers and spammers u cant do anything about it

I Would like to see this happen Thanks for the post

Quote Originally Posted by Summerb View Post
    Charge money to transfer to differnt accounts maybe 15-20$ for a charactor to a differnt account. it will help alittle bit because Gold sellers and hackers arent gonna pay money to transfer charactors EVERY where and if they do trion can always look at and see where the last place the person log on was. ALSO every MMO you have ever played and I have played theres gonna be hackers and spammers u cant do anything about it

I Would like to see this happen Thanks for the post
    For a gold seller $15 is nothing. They will sell the character for $100-$1000 so what is a small $15.
    Last edited by Romiz; 08-05-2011 at 10:11 AM.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Soulwalker

what i am trying to say is that u got around 7000 accounts that atleast 2 people share!! and when someone decides to say i want my own account but dont want to lvl a 50 over agien it would be nice to have that charactor transfer

I rather get region transfers first than this.

I like the idea.

There are certainly potential abuse concerns that need to be discussed and addressed, but overall I think it would be a move for the positive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireforge View Post
    Your patience is completely unnecessary in this matter. You put a quarter in the machine and you need your gumball. It's cool.
    Your "Likes" fuel me.
    E . ` ' / . F
    Selling 1.4 Crafting Components. X-Shard Delivery Available.

Telaran

I just hope this can happen for people like my husband and i i dont want to have to power level his *** and i know he doesnt want to have to do the same for me! i would rather pay so that we can split up our account so we can raid/instance/quest together....

Soulwalker

Default Do this please.

My wife and I as well started on the same account and would love to play together. Just implement the same type of restrictions that WoW had as well. It seem to work fine for us back in the day.

I don't see a problem with this as long as the proper safeguards are put into place which Trion seems to be on top of.

Soulwalker

It does not look like this idea has a lot of traction, but even with a lot of restrictions I know me and my wife would take advantage of it. So... there are like 5 of us for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Hardedge View Post
    It does not look like this idea has a lot of traction, but even with a lot of restrictions I know me and my wife would take advantage of it. So... there are like 5 of us for sure...
    Make that 6...

Main Server: Defiant ~ Harrow
    Alt Server: Guardian ~ Estrael

+ Reply to Thread