+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gold Spammers running rampant and Trion is allowing it

Telaran

Default Gold Spammers running rampant and Trion is allowing it

You may not like the title but I see no change in the way Gold Spammers are being handled. I have offered reasonable means to remove Gold Sellers, it would at most be a minor inconvenience to players but would eliminate Gold Spammers or at least control them.

Method One:
    Player made items have Contracts between players allowing the trading of currency for product. This would create a file telling GM's who has traded who how much. I seriously doubt a level 5 healing potion would cost 100 plat. So this would automatically flag as Suspicious.

Method Two:
    Currency over 20g can only be traded to guild members after they have been in the guild over 2 months. Very few Gold Buyers would wait 2 months to obtain cash, some will and those large amounts would be easy to see.

Method Three:
    Set a Limit Players can trade each other. Anything over a certain amount must be approved by a GM. The Auction House is there for a reason. Any large amounts could be conscripted as mentioned in Method One.

Point is there needs to be a method of eliminating Gold Sellers. Minor inconveniences aside if it means the removal of Gold Spammers normal players should be pleased.

As I have said many times before if you don't like my methods mention some you do like, mention ways to remove them. I'm tired of seeing Gold Buyers complain because I like keeping the game pure. So Trion look carefully at those whom protest too much about removal of Gold Spammers because chances are they are your Gold Buyers.

Any helpful suggestions even by Trion Employees would be nice to hear. Be really nice to have a GM Report that instead of Report Player can be Report Gold Spammer, such an Option should summon a Trion GM to that server to remove the Gold Spammer. Block the Account, IP Address or whatever just remove them and keep this game pure. This was one of my concerns in Beta Forums as well.

Soulwalker

Default Don't get too worked up about it.

Mouse over their name.

Left Click.

Report Spam.

It will also Auto Ignore.

Unfortunately, spam is part of the online community. It shouldn't be that way, but it is. Enough spam reports will eventually get the account banned.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpella View Post
    You may not like the title but I see no change in the way Gold Spammers are being handled. I have offered reasonable means to remove Gold Sellers, it would at most be a minor inconvenience to players but would eliminate Gold Spammers or at least control them.

Method One:
    Player made items have Contracts between players allowing the trading of currency for product. This would create a file telling GM's who has traded who how much. I seriously doubt a level 5 healing potion would cost 100 plat. So this would automatically flag as Suspicious.

Method Two:
    Currency over 20g can only be traded to guild members after they have been in the guild over 2 months. Very few Gold Buyers would wait 2 months to obtain cash, some will and those large amounts would be easy to see.

Method Three:
    Set a Limit Players can trade each other. Anything over a certain amount must be approved by a GM. The Auction House is there for a reason. Any large amounts could be conscripted as mentioned in Method One.

Point is there needs to be a method of eliminating Gold Sellers. Minor inconveniences aside if it means the removal of Gold Spammers normal players should be pleased.

As I have said many times before if you don't like my methods mention some you do like, mention ways to remove them. I'm tired of seeing Gold Buyers complain because I like keeping the game pure. So Trion look carefully at those whom protest too much about removal of Gold Spammers because chances are they are your Gold Buyers.

Any helpful suggestions even by Trion Employees would be nice to hear. Be really nice to have a GM Report that instead of Report Player can be Report Gold Spammer, such an Option should summon a Trion GM to that server to remove the Gold Spammer. Block the Account, IP Address or whatever just remove them and keep this game pure. This was one of my concerns in Beta Forums as well.
    This is weird because I have never seen a gold spammer more than one time. Report spam them and they are out of my life forever.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Quote Originally Posted by Strigio View Post
    Mouse over their name.

Left Click.

Report Spam.

Unfortunately, spam is part of the online community. It shouldn't be that way, but it is. Enough spam reports will eventually get the account banned.

This.

Please god, end the stream of 'revolutionary' suggested methods to stop spamming.

Telaran

I do Report them and get the Auto-Ignore but I have Full Account on Toons ... that gets old fast when you change toons and the same players are spamming 4 hrs later

Telaran

Default doubt it.

Unless trion is seriusly smoking I doubt they want plat farmers.

These are all terrible ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireforge View Post
    Your patience is completely unnecessary in this matter. You put a quarter in the machine and you need your gumball. It's cool.
    Your "Likes" fuel me.
    E . ` ' / . F
    Selling 1.4 Crafting Components. X-Shard Delivery Available.

Quote Originally Posted by Strigio View Post
    Mouse over their name.

Left Click.

Report Spam.

Report for several days on each character again and repeat as needed ... then do it all over again for the next wave of spammers..

May actually do absolutely nothing at all but does make you feel like you've done something atleast.

Maybe add a title to those that report them the most or something.
    Last edited by Telemachus; 08-05-2011 at 04:32 AM.

Soulwalker

Default chat locking?

Quote Originally Posted by Telemachus View Post
    Report for several days on each character again and repeat as needed ... then do it all over again for the next wave of spammers..

May actually do absolutely nothing at all but does make you feel like you've done something atleast.

Maybe add a title to those that report them the most or something.

i thought i read somewhere that people would get chat locked and unable to chat if enough people reported them as spammers yet on silkweb i see same spammer sitting at tops of steps to sanctum non stop. how many does it really take to get results?>

when it disappears a new named one moves to exact same spot new name. all those $5 dollar accounts they gave away around july 4th and the founders free game givaways and the recruit a friend account are where all the spammers came from.

the real solution is to allow a fixed number of reports to chat ban an account , im sure there will never be an end to the spammers but i for one would love to auto-ignore people on my shard with one click on any character. this way when im doing my dailies i dont have to go through 6 characters worth of ignore.

Ascendant

What if I want to mail my lower toon money.. or give in charity to a lower level toon (which I did in wow. Went to low zones and handed out gold) Your suggestion locks out the good that people could be doing and assumes that anyone traiding more than 20 gold is a gold farmer.

+ Reply to Thread