+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WarlordAlpha

Thread: A Universal World Event Currency, would be nice right?

Soulwalker

Default A Universal World Event Currency, would be nice right?

So im sitting on several thousand king seals at the world event merchant a lil bit ago. Got thinking, boy it would sure be nice if the world events all used the same currency then i could nab some of the river of souls stuff for alts that i never bothered to do dailies with, and since that currency wasnt BoA like the current seals never got anything off the merchant. That and i could nab some more of the weapon glow oils ;-p

what do you guys think? its not like any of the loot from world events is totally spectacular, it is mostly cosmetic stuff with some useful items.

Ascendant

This makes it so people will not have to participate in future world events. I am fine with the way they do it now.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

I am happy with the current system, I just wish there was something to do with the stack of golden dragon eggs I have left. ;(
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

What would be nice, is for the World Event currencies to go into the existing currency wallet, or a separate World Event Currency wallet--one in which currencies can be withdrawn from by the player (so currency can be sent to another character on that player's account, for instance). Freeing up inventory space is always A Good Thing™.
    Last edited by Nepentheia; 08-04-2011 at 08:39 AM.
    You live, you learn.
    You die, you learn faster.

Rift Chaser

I kinda agree on all of this..I do world events hoping someday there will be something worth buying or using. A necklace to breath underwater or some oils to put on your weapon doesn't seem to cut it for me with 4000 coins rotting in the bank....

do what the other guy said

have one cURRENT CURRENCY:

and one PAST CURRENCY: from past events that change into this

Considering I still have like 4k Rune King's Seals... no, this is a stupid idea. Unless you think everyone buying all the new world event stuff on day 1 and whining about the lack of new content is good.

And consolidating old currencies would be just as bad, as you could just go back and buy stuff from events that took place before you even started playing.

The current system is fine and I don't even mind the currency takes up bag space, because the trade-off for that is we can send the currency to our alts.

OP that is a great idea.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by JimboTCB View Post
    And consolidating old currencies would be just as bad, as you could just go back and buy stuff from events that took place before you even started playing.
    Why is that bad?

Prophet of Telara

At least can we make the Otherworldly Sourcestones from the Death even BoA now?

But I think it'd be okay to have an old/current currency. I understand some people might be against it because 4 years from now they want to be the only ones rocking the tall dwarf toque or whatever that hat is called... but at the same time occasionally an item will be near pre-raid BiS (like the death stat trinket), or super convenience item (like underwater breathing trinket)... and that's a bit harsh that newer players can't pick something up like that eventually.
    Ceribaen, formerly of Nyx (D).
    Now residing on Seastone.

+ Reply to Thread