+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Exorior

Thread: 1.4 Crafted cloth item appearance... seriously?

Default 1.4 Crafted cloth item appearance... seriously?

Let me start by saying that I have been nothing but impressed, generally speaking, with the breakneck update schedule Trion has undertaken for Rift. However, once the 1.4 update hit and I had a chance to look at the new crafted cloth armor.... I was seriously disappointed.

When I first previewed the new crafted cloth robe, I was expecting to see something unique and impressive (after all, the flowing dark robe looks fantastic and is one of the best looking robes in the game), however, what I saw was a hideous, reused skin shared with probably 3 or 4 other robes. You know the one with the caveman/barbarian look?

Seriously, Trion, I love this game, and I usually don't complain about smaller things like this. However, as a fantasy game which is intended to be immersive and world-class, I expected far better from you in this case. Crafted gear of this magnitude should look one-of-a-kind! I haven't had a chance to preview any leather, chain or plate, but I suspect perhaps some of that new crafted gear also suffered from the same rushed treatment.

Please, adjust the artwork for this new crafted gear to make it unique and appear powerful, as it should be! I don't want to spend 100 plat and a week making something that looks like the same caveman bathrobe I've already seen multiple times!!

This is what the robe looks like:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...s_Set_Male.png

Yeah, we've never seen that one before..
    Last edited by Exorior; 08-04-2011 at 09:31 AM.

Yeah, there is apparently a lack of capable artists for this games armor and weapons. Very disappointing. They must put no thought into it at all. But, if they paid attention to other games, appearance is pretty important to people. If you look like a ******bag, it's not enjoyable to have to sit and stare at your ugly character for hours and only have like 4 difft choices for your armor look. LAME. People are very visual, so get with it Trion.

Telaran

Default not hijacking a thread....

for bad looks look up WoWaladin:t:1-10(any of them).
    in short palaranger!
    but I agre one of the 10k things not impressive about 1.4

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Exorior View Post
    This is what the robe looks like:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...s_Set_Male.png

Yeah, we've never seen that one before..
    Ha Ha Ha.. I actually blurted out a loud laugh.. are you serious? That is the new "epic" robe? Does it have walmart sewn on the label?

+ Reply to Thread