+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gear drop suggestion.

Shield of Telara

Default Gear drop suggestion.

Currently one of the biggest gripes with people right now is how often chain drops compared to other class drops especially versus cloth.

I understand that Clerics have more roles and this is the big reason for its drop rate. As for my personal gripe its the rarity of tank gear in rift compared to dps.

So here is my suggestion. Instead of having Tank gear, DPS gear and Crit gear change the gear to generic templates.

For example lets say
    Hauberk of deep delving
    Plate Chest
    1020 AC
    25 Str
    17 Dex
    15 End
    26 Physical Crit

Versus
    Galvanized Battleplate
    Plate Chest
    1020 AC
    15 Str
    18 Dex
    24 End
    32 Block
    38 Toughness

Instead change these too a generic plate breastplate that has the following stats.
    1020 AC
    15 Str
    17 Dex
    15 End

And then change the player crafted item enhancements to offer a tank or dps through attack power or dps through crits augment.

i.e. DPS Crits augment would add 10 str + 26 Crit.

While the tank augment would add 10 Endurance + 32 Block + 38 Toughness.

Lastly the loot tables would have to change to where they dropped plate 25% of the time, leather 25%, chain 25% and Cloth 25%. This would get rid of the complaining over chain drops and put everything on an equal playing field as well as stimulating the player economy.

You're essentially asking for a pattern system, where mobs all drop a kind of blank item that any class can use for their piece of gear in that slot.

Personally I'm not a fan of that system and Trion has actually already removed it from the game and replaced it with a currency. For me it just kills the soul of raiding/grouping. You'd be taking out the emotional highs and lows that some players get when trying for specific gear drops and replacing it with a bland "Soandso always drops a gloves mold and a bracer mold" system that too many other games use.

Your post seems born of frustration over not being able to get a specific drop you want (or seeing a stupidly high number of cleric drops--which I agree is a problem). Best advice? Don't stress over it. Rift lacks items that are special or unique in any way. They've all got the same stats, just with slight variations. So just move on and get a similar piece of gear somewhere else.

+ Reply to Thread