+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please make the next raid a T2 raid as well

Default Please make the next raid a T2 raid as well

First let me start by saying I love HK, its beautifully done and I am really enjoying it.

I want to make the suggestion that the next raid that you guys choose to push out (and I am sure you already have it on deck given how fast you like putting out content) stays on the T2 level as well. This would give people multiple avenues for gearing up for the inevitable T3 raids down the line and prevent major burnout from HK. I mean I think it would make sense, we have GP, GSB and RoS for T1, then DH, HK and another raid for T2.

Either way keep up the great work guys
    Vanilla Rift (Cleared) - ToDQ 4/4 - FT 4/4 - EE 5/5 - GA 1/4

DH is T1-level raiding, not T-2.

I'm sure their next bit of raid content won't be a big step up from HK. With the week-long lockouts they'll need to add another avenue for players to farm the hit/focus/toughness gear they'll need for the T3 raids.

ps: Hit/Focus/Toughless are some of the lamest gating mechanics I've ever seen in an MMO. It takes any modicum of skill and tactics out of raid content and replaces it with a You(r hit/focus/toughness) must be THIS high to raid" system.

Quote Originally Posted by -Swag- View Post
    DH is T1-level raiding, not T-2.

I'm sure their next bit of raid content won't be a big step up from HK. With the week-long lockouts they'll need to add another avenue for players to farm the hit/focus/toughness gear they'll need for the T3 raids.

ps: Hit/Focus/Toughless are some of the lamest gating mechanics I've ever seen in an MMO. It takes any modicum of skill and tactics out of raid content and replaces it with a You(r hit/focus/toughness) must be THIS high to raid" system.
    Yeah I'm with you on that one, and the jump from the hit/focus needed for T1 to T2 was obnoxious in my opinion. I'm not sure why they did this but meh
    Vanilla Rift (Cleared) - ToDQ 4/4 - FT 4/4 - EE 5/5 - GA 1/4

Quote Originally Posted by Saeleth View Post
    Yeah I'm with you on that one, and the jump from the hit/focus needed for T1 to T2 was obnoxious in my opinion. I'm not sure why they did this but meh
    So that people couldn't do HK without doing GSB and ROS first. The most hit I've ever been able to get without any raid gear is 250.

It really is just gating for the sake of extending content. It means that no matter what they do to classes or what awesome gear players get from dungeons, PvP or the forthcoming solo instances, as long as Trion pays attention to the hit/focus/toughness they put on it, any guild who wants to raid will have to do so tier by tier and spend months gearing up (thanks to lockouts).

+ Reply to Thread