+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SWTOR Loot Containers = No more Loot Frustrations Yet Trion is still in the stone age

Default SWTOR Loot Containers = No more Loot Frustrations Yet Trion is still in the stone age

Yes it is true, the new game Star Wars The Old Republic will have a non guild raid loot system that will ensure need over greed and remove ninjas, reservist, etc.... about time some game MFG had a clue and stop ignoring the players requests for this. Refer to site http://www.keenandgraev.com/ for more info.

Trion with all these update and yet you are still in the stone age? The forums are overflowing with issues about issues with looting / raid leader options. Casual players are tired of the "Carebear" mind set of the Trion Dev team. "We will never trust a perfect stranger to give us our chance at item drops." Why are players carrying around 20 plus lures? Get a clue.....

Enough said, pre-ordered SWTOR and using Rift as a filler until it is released.
    Last edited by Rivencsky; 08-03-2011 at 11:24 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Morvick's Avatar

Sounds like the Rare Loot Caches that are given to players at the end of Normal Dungeons, as well as the Plaques of Achievements given for completing Experts/downing bosses, and to some extent, the Rift Contribution Loot. Except Bioware's done that for every encounter.
    Last edited by Morvick; 08-04-2011 at 02:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

The Rare Loot Cache is the exact same thing as this. Now for them to implement it on a raid level that would be interesting
    Vanilla Rift (Cleared) - ToDQ 4/4 - FT 4/4 - EE 5/5 - GA 1/4

Quote Originally Posted by Saeleth View Post
    The Rare Loot Cache is the exact same thing as this. Now for them to implement it on a raid level that would be interesting
    People would gear up way too fast. Trion made the right choice when they copied the X Currency per kill system from other games, instead of copying that SWTOR system. Even if you don't get a drop, you still get something for participating.

Ascendant

Yeah, that explain it. I havent never figured why theres even guilds in SWTOR, theres no need for one, its just like Aion and everyone is alone. You come fast back, son.
    Last edited by June; 08-04-2011 at 06:10 AM.

The OP doesnt really explain the whole deal.

"Each Raid has 2 sizes, for 8 and 16 heros, as well as ajustable difficulty levels. The quality of the loot is based on the difficulty setting of the instance." After every bossfight EACH player gets a bag of Rewards", says Lead designer Gabe Amatangelo. "Inside that Bag you "can" ( as in possibly ) find class specific Items, or Badges which can be used to buy items. You don't have to fight for your rewards."
    Basically every person in the raid will receive a bag upon killing a boss. The bag will contain an assortment of things (kinda like a loot bag you would get for an artifact turn in or whatever). However there is no guarantee of a class specific item. You could end up with a bunch of crap for the whole run since its a luck based system. In the end its still "chance" just like the current raid loot system in Rift, except almost worse for those who have "bad luck".

Ascendant

Doesnt matter, its nothing what we've ever seen as every item theres thing called "durability" item can be broken, probably some gears are destroyed forever, real rare ones. Also craft-items are equal to raid items, thats one way to get "best gears". Also devs keep hinting alot of RMT, not only vanity, but armors and weapons as well, so third way to get best items is RTM, thats my bet.

I think its just huge gamble, MMORPG players love their gears.
    Last edited by June; 08-04-2011 at 08:52 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    Yeah, that explain it. I havent never figured why theres even guilds in SWTOR, theres no need for one, its just like Aion and everyone is alone. You come fast back, son.
    Yeah right SWTOR is making all the right moves have done my preorder and won't be back to this game it had great potential but sadly they ignore most of us for whiney pvpers and elitist snobby raiders. Ready for something that does not take 20 ppl to raid and where if you need 1 more for your group just us a companion

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    The OP doesnt really explain the whole deal.

Basically every person in the raid will receive a bag upon killing a boss. The bag will contain an assortment of things (kinda like a loot bag you would get for an artifact turn in or whatever). However there is no guarantee of a class specific item. You could end up with a bunch of crap for the whole run since its a luck based system. In the end its still "chance" just like the current raid loot system in Rift, except almost worse for those who have "bad luck".
    what i understood from what i heared from the beta if you kill a bosz you get a loot bag, in this loot bag always contains tokens
    "Inside that Bag you "can" ( as in possibly ) find class specific Items, or Badges which can be used to buy items. You don't have to fight for your rewards

the can refers to that there is not always gear in the bag it might only be tokens, but if there is gear it is for your class.
    As far is i heared it is still buggy as there is no check if you got a piece of loot already so one person can get the same item 4 times while non of the others got any items.

Plane Walker

but i do think trion could do more with the loot bag you get at the end of an instance.

being the normal instance completed one.
    and the random bonus one.

for example if your doing an instance it would be nice if you could chose another reward instead of the 3 tokens and plaq.

so you could cose for example between
    1) the plaques and token as it is nor in T2
    2) instead chose to get 1 item your class can use randomly picked from the loot tables of al bosses in the instance

I think Trion should just put the entire instance's loot table available to the instance's corresponding faction quartermaster and award tokens to purchase loot. People are already doing instances in PVP gear because you can get gear without having to pray to RNG gods (and PVP also rewards failure just more time to grind).

+ Reply to Thread