+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Here's a suggestion

Soulwalker

Default Here's a suggestion

I started playing this game because I got bored of World of Warcraft. I enjoyed four years of that game and still play it from time to time. But there is one thing that I just cannot stand and that is how far the game is from reality. I understand that it is a fantasy game, but that doesn't mean that nonsensical rules need to be implemented. Therefore, the reason I took a break from World of Warcraft is now being brought up to me when it comes time to either pay for another month of Rift, or uninstall.

Show me a time in History where you had to have a weapon or armor to purchase another piece of armor? This just doesn't make sense. So, knights would go to the blacksmiths and hand in a sword and give them foreskins (because obviously gold won't buy the gear they want) in order to get a new sharper sword? I'm pretty sure King Arthur was given Excalibur (AKA lady of the lake).
    Gold should be able to buy EVERYTHING in the game. There is not one reasonable thing in today's society where money won't buy it. Granted you may need a lot of it, but it will get it nonetheless.

Healing reduced in pvp combat? Why? Are there magical little beings intercepting part of the beneficial heal from it's target? There's no good reason why abilities should act differently in any environment. Synthetic regulations are annoying and lazy. If there's an issue with healing in pvp, work on healing AS A WHOLE. Don't make it act differently in environments. (I'm not even going to go into pvp stats, it's an exhausting argument)

When I first started Rift, I was excited. It looked like it was going to be something truly different, unique. It looked like they were going to take a logical approach to their programming and design, but as time goes on, they are just adopting ideas from other MMO's, so now there is just no reason to stay with a game that takes a stronger computer to play and offers less.

Alright, there's my nerd rage. I'm opening the floor for all of you to belittle my post and make fun of it in all the ways your minds desire....Oh, and cooldowns on crafting is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by leaderinthedesert View Post
    Gold should be able to buy EVERYTHING in the game.
    Cool. Going to mail Akylios 5000g so I can WW1st his Rogue loot table.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Damn it Liavy!

Healing reduced in pvp combat? Why? Are there magical little beings intercepting part of the beneficial heal from it's target? There's no good reason why abilities should act differently in any environment. Synthetic regulations are annoying and lazy. If there's an issue with healing in pvp, work on healing AS A WHOLE. Don't make it act differently in environments. (I'm not even going to go into pvp stats, it's an exhausting argument)
    That is the only part i want to touch on here.
    I actually approve of what Trion is doing by separating how a ability works depending on pve or pvp.
    This like heals and dps need this for 2 main reasons.
    Players do not have 1 million plus hit points. Mobs do!
    Players do not hit a player for 9k hit points (incoming damage on a tank) Mobs do!
    Players do not raid wide aoe a raid of 20 players for 4/3 of their hp in one hit. Some mobs do!
    So if you left dps and heals at the levels they are needed to down pve content then they can become and a lot of times are very over powered in a pvp environment.

Soulwalker

If there is an overpower in pvp healing then something should be done about pve environments so that they can line them up.

I would love to see a game incorporate real physics and use history as it's building blocks for developing fighting mechanics.

Thumbs up

I started playing this game because I got bored of World of Warcraft. I enjoyed four years of that game and still play it from time to time. But there is one thing that I just cannot stand and that is how far the game is from reality. I understand that it is a fantasy game, but that doesn't mean that nonsensical rules need to be implemented. Therefore, the reason I took a break from World of Warcraft is now being brought up to me when it comes time to either pay for another month of Rift, or uninstall.

Show me a time in History where you had to have a weapon or armor to purchase another piece of armor? This just doesn't make sense. So, knights would go to the blacksmiths and hand in a sword and give them foreskins (because obviously gold won't buy the gear they want) in order to get a new sharper sword? I'm pretty sure King Arthur was given Excalibur (AKA lady of the lake).
    Gold should be able to buy EVERYTHING in the game. There is not one reasonable thing in today's society where money won't buy it. Granted you may need a lot of it, but it will get it nonetheless.

When I first started Rift, I was excited. It looked like it was going to be something truly different, unique. It looked like they were going to take a logical approach to their programming and design, but as time goes on, they are just adopting ideas from other MMO's, so now there is just no reason to stay with a game that takes a stronger computer to play and offers less.

Alright, there's my nerd rage. I'm opening the floor for all of you to belittle my post and make fun of it in all the ways your minds desire....Oh, and cooldowns on crafting is pathetic.

I understand what your saying, realism should be implemented into Rift & spells regulated as a whole, you should be able to practice outside of pvp to be good on the inside but however, (i just started like 2 weeks myself btw) the task you are proposing isn't easy at all, it's doable but other changes have more priority till that time, why you may ask, when the money inflow is stable and the developers can expand their team with little or no risk they will certain take that oppurtunity, they themselves spend alot of time on developing wich requires alot of money and effort between patches and updates, they work hard on keeping rift interesting whilest not taking too big risks, however Rift is not yet a staying factor with 100% certainty, they can easely make it that for in my eyes they are 3/4 there they just need something to make it more special than other mmo's and that could be done by integrating with different new idea's, like yours, but not limited to

- Ingame money buys everything, all spells work the same everywhere & every char needs to be able to in perfect balance with other chars
    & in other threads :

- Mounts that can fly or swim
    - Mount decoration expanson, maybe in a 100 years when Trion has more money 'resources' at their disposal, you must even feed or whistle your mounts for them to come running
    - Buy clothes, etc the Sims style with real or ingame money
    - Integration with all sorts of mini games (Rift style) [this would make Rift mmorph/IMVU/Sims mix) and might make Trion the wealthiest of all mmorph game hosts
    - some even mention houses like in Tibia, lovely idea I personally find
    - A barber change your hair every week! or when u feel like it :P (another amazing idea to my opinion)
    - .. a trillion (symbolic) more fantastic ideas involving other races & so many more...

I've been watching carefully and I think there are still a big bunch of people with high hopes for Rift, altough sometimes the replys u get in here from some people don't show it, so don't let yourself be done in by that & stay positive, because if you don't why would others

Theres only one way, we'll just have to see to find out ! ^^

Cheers

Ani

+ Reply to Thread