+ Reply to Thread

Thread: instead of removing the wardstone stuff, fine tune it

Soulwalker

Default instead of removing the wardstone stuff, fine tune it

Make the wardstones from Scarlet Gorge, Scarwood Reach, and Droughtlands only active during a planar invasion, and as they are activated by a side they would give that side a zone wide buff to help in quelling the invasion. As a bonus, if one side controls all the wardstones in a zone an additional boss is spawned, meaning the original giant beasties that were spawned by activating the wardstones would spawn and give extra planar loot. The achievements for activating or buffing all the wardstones could be trotted back out of Legacy, for defeating the giant beasties too, and because they would only be attainable during invasions it would make them a bit more sought after and not so easy to get. Adding a buffing mechanic would mostly be to entice players to capture them and it would also add a more dynamic pvp element to them as both sides fought to get the buffs.

Plane Walker

Just to clarify, it's Ancient wardstones, not the normal wardstones. You might have missed them altogether. See http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Ancient_Wardstone

And they're reworking them in a future update, see the patch note below:

ZONES
    * The Ancient Wardstone mechanic has been removed, and any related Achievements for these have been moved to the Legacy category. We'll be reworking some of the content related to the Wardstones as regular quests.

Soulwalker

They're not reworking the ancient wardstones themselves, which I have played with on numerous ocassions, they're reworking the quests they gave. The wardstones are gone for the foreseeable future, only the quests may return.

hope they bring it back, i love the idea of competing in world pvp to control quest hubs.

My wonderfully longwinded ideas http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ne-system.html I update it when new ideas pop into my head (since we can't edit posts after 5 minutes).

I am glad I am not the only one who misses the mechanic.
    Last edited by Siegmund; 08-08-2011 at 05:47 AM.

Rift Disciple

Would like to see them stay as well. Biggest and only real issue I saw with them was their incredibly low visibility.

They either had to be activated already, or be almost on top of them to know they were there.

+ Reply to Thread