+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: More Mounts needed!!!!!!!

Soulwalker

Default More Mounts needed!!!!!!!

i think there shod be a better seclition of mounts also how about flying 1s that would be cool cople of ideas i had also gardiens are liveing in thes ideas and defients are robotic
    and i do apologize for my spelling

large cat like thing (higher lvls have armor on them)
    large bird (flying possable) (armor on higher lvls)
    large bat like thing (flying possable)
    Sandworm (semi-under ground and faster when on durt)
    Swimming mounts: like fish/sharks/snakes/ect for (water only)
    flying mechines for defients
    ect if any 1 has any thing to add plz do

No thanks to flying mounts.

Situational mounts would be cool to recieve as rift loot/rep rewards.

Like, that worm you suggested. Perhaps a sandworm so that after you grind to glorified with the earth plane rep people, you can purchase a sandworm to travel faster in places like Shimmersand, or Droughtlands, and at a normal speed on regular land...no thanks for underground, though. I want to see my mount.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by KnirpsLyn View Post
    No thanks to flying mounts.

Situational mounts would be cool to recieve as rift loot/rep rewards.

Like, that worm you suggested. Perhaps a sandworm so that after you grind to glorified with the earth plane rep people, you can purchase a sandworm to travel faster in places like Shimmersand, or Droughtlands, and at a normal speed on regular land...no thanks for underground, though. I want to see my mount.
    whats wrong with flying it would make traveing easyer lol

No flying mounts (not needed, and they'd shrink the world far too much).

And no more turtles! Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by deaththerall View Post
    whats wrong with flying it would make traveing easyer lol
    That /is/ the problem. I can get anywhere in the world within 5 minutes (10 if there's a major zone invasion), thanks to the Porticulums and my fast mount.

Why trivialize all the ground combat, which is where 95% of the dynamic content is located?

"Oh gee, another Death invasion in Stillmoor. Well I'll just fly over everything, and not be bothered! I'm a busy man, you see, and I've got mats to gather!!"
    Last edited by Morvick; 08-03-2011 at 08:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Morvick View Post
    That /is/ the problem. I can get anywhere in the world within 5 minutes (10 if there's a major zone invasion), thanks to the Porticulums and my fast mount.

Why trivialize all the ground combat, which is where 95% of the dynamic content is located?

"Oh gee, another Death invasion in Stillmoor. Well I'll just fly over everything, and not be bothered! I'm a busy man, you see, and I've got mats to gather!!"
    i see ur point but if u can fly then rift in thory can have flying monsters as well like gient insects or evan dragons and shuch if u ask me adding flying to the game could double the amount of conteant rift has just like that could add a under water city in the lake and make a bunch of quests for it for every yen thers a yang for every good thers a bad now what do u think?

keep in mind WoW didnt add flying mounts until the world had expanded a bunch. To have flying mounts you need a big enough world to where they dont make moving around "too easy". I doubt RIFT has any plans for flying mounts due to both their portal system, and the fact that each zone, while it can feel big, is honestly pretty small. The world has room to grow and i dont doubt that down the road new zones will be added (if you look at the map you can see potential), but i really dont see flying mounts being introduced. Now having mounts able to swim, or water mounts "could", and i stress "could, be an option.

And there are actually a ton of mounts in the game, folks just often overlook them. With HK, its associated event, and 1.4..... they actually added 3 new mounts to the game with a possibility of a 4th. So there are plenty.

Can someone explain the mount fetish to me? Because I've never really understood it.

It's just a speed buff.

Quote Originally Posted by -Swag- View Post
    Can someone explain the mount fetish to me? Because I've never really understood it.

It's just a speed buff.
    It all goes back to character design. When folks design a character the vast majority design something that appeals to them in whatever way. Then in game those same folks want a certain "look" for their character and design their wardrobe, or dye setup around their ideas. Even the armor pieces themselves are adjusted, and some go so far as to wear crappier pieces cause they look better (wardrobe has made that pointless now).

Obviously mounts help you move around faster but beyond that Mounts are just another extension of the above, and folks like variety so the more mount options the better for many.

Ascendant

No flying mounts please. They added 2 new mounts with 1.4. I think that every raid type of green quality or higher should have a chance to drop a rift specific mount. Air type mount from air rifts. Fire type mount from fire rifts and so on. Haha I wouldn't even be mad if they were giant versions of the elemental squirrel companions you can get.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Soulwalker

still even if the (flying) has a limmited hight to prevent u from makeing travle (to easy) as u putit mounts thay fly would be cool there are a lot of details to hammer out but i think it could be done in a way that makes every 1 happy also map spisic mounts would be alsome as well make em like a rift loot sand worms in the dessert some kind of swimming thing for water areas ect. i still hold me ground i would like to see flying mounts thay way i have someing to do when iam boried of questing and intasnces

Soulwalker

No.
    No.

Please no.

At least not yet. As someone said before, WoW, didn't add flying mounts until a significant time into the game, and it was a great deal of time later before the mount worked in all areas. It's just silly at this point. Trion has better things to do right now, like perfecting mechanics, storylines, cutting their toenails with hedgeclippers.

Mount variety is nice and all - variety in pets, in character design, armor, vanity items, all well and good - but remember that those flash items (I think) are meant to be earned to allow people who went that extra mile (or had exceptional luck) to show off their fortune. When everyone is unique, no one stands out. It just becomes a blur of who-paid-what to get those same flashy pixels as a hundred thousand other folks.
    Last edited by Exxit; 08-05-2011 at 08:33 AM.

Soulwalker

Furthermore have seen specific-terrain mounts in other games (water, ground, etc) and it goes like this: I have a what? A seahorse? OMAGAH WHEEEEokay that's quite enough (rarely used again)

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by deaththerall View Post
    i see ur point but if u can fly then rift in thory can have flying monsters as well like gient insects or evan dragons and shuch if u ask me adding flying to the game could double the amount of conteant rift has just like that could add a under water city in the lake and make a bunch of quests for it for every yen thers a yang for every good thers a bad now what do u think?
    This game is not about air battle it is about Rifts which are ground battle. Lets not make this Aion.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Romiz View Post
    This game is not about air battle it is about Rifts which are ground battle. Lets not make this Aion.
    True but there are Air Rifts plus the main enamie are dragons and dragons can fly so in thory it could work but i see that EVERY one is opsosed to new mounts of any kind lol all iam saying is that there is the abilaty to expand the game up instad of out with is a tad less work on the desigine side thats all less work means faster upgrades to keep things fresh when a game gets stail it dies all iam saying lol maby its just me lol personly i dont care i just thout i would post a IDEA in the suggestions area

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast