+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion: Contributers of guild quest

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

Default Suggestion: Contributers of guild quest

Hello.

Lately I have noticed that, time upon time my guild gets stuck on the artifact gathering guild quest. Usually it takes us the better part of a week to complete, and where as the other two quests takes only about two days tops.
    So I was thinking of ways to encourage members to gather more artifacts, but I don't seem to be able to think of much that is possible at the moment.
    However, if we were able to see which guild member has contributed the most to a guild quest then perhaps that could function as a motivator for members to do more, and perhaps let Guildmasters move in the option for a reward for the member that reaches the most contribution.

Any thoughts on this from the community?
    Last edited by Talila; 08-03-2011 at 11:11 AM.
    I went off to FFXIV. Here's my blog.

I suggested a tab added to the guild quest tab in the guild UI for seeing who has gathered/killed for guild quests in a thread I made.

/signed

Rift Disciple

Not a bad idea, though it's kinda sad that people aren't putting the effort in simply to benefit the guild.

Telaran

I like this idea, and trion culd add achievements and titles for people who do more for the guild quests. And I never got why other players kills (that aren't in your guild) in warfronts contributed to the number of kills for your guilds pvp quest.

I would like to see a list of contributors and the amount of the contribution to Guild quest.
    /signed

Quote Originally Posted by Phima View Post
    Not a bad idea, though it's kinda sad that people aren't putting the effort in simply to benefit the guild.
    It is sad that people don't want to do an effort yes, but then again I also think it has something to do with that not everyone likes to artifact hunt. Compared to closing rifts, killing rift creatures and pvp, artifact hunting is something that only a few really actively do. The rest simply just pick them up when they see them. But, even 35 people that just picks an artifact up now and then is going to be having a slow progression on a 150+ artifact quest.
    That said I do like the artifact quest, because it is one of the quests that everyone can participate in.

Soulwalker

I can see the pro and the con for this. Pro is that with recognition then there will be more of a push to contribute to the guild quests that aren't as easy. The downside I see coming from a feature like that is it becoming a list of people to harass. While some people like being in guilds that seem to think they can control your life, not everyone has endless amounts of free time that they want to spend merely on guild quests. I can just see the "you must be on these nights available to raid and you must contribute x amount towards all guild quests"/

Is there possibly a half way point between the two? Some way to give a pat on the back to those who contribute without making it into a situation that some guilds would use to dominate a guild members in game time?

RIFT Community Ambassador Morvick's Avatar

What if you gained experience within your guild, on a personal basis? Each thing you do towards the guild's current quest will lend you a sum of experience. The higher your Guild Contribution Level is, the more of the guild perks you can enjoy, or maybe, you get an increasingly-large stipend just like the Tithe.

I dunno. The options kind of open up once you make people earn it (though admittedly, in very large guilds this would hurt most people rather than help them or encourage them.)

I agree that it should be enough to just want to help the guild, and some are hard to complete when you don't have many high-level people online.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianCowbell View Post
    I can see the pro and the con for this. Pro is that with recognition then there will be more of a push to contribute to the guild quests that aren't as easy. The downside I see coming from a feature like that is it becoming a list of people to harass. While some people like being in guilds that seem to think they can control your life, not everyone has endless amounts of free time that they want to spend merely on guild quests. I can just see the "you must be on these nights available to raid and you must contribute x amount towards all guild quests"/

Is there possibly a half way point between the two? Some way to give a pat on the back to those who contribute without making it into a situation that some guilds would use to dominate a guild members in game time?
    I don't really think the whole "you MUST contribute this much to the quests.." is going to be so dominant. Raid guilds requiring attendance is a logical one, since they need people to be there in order to do raids. Perhaps some social guilds will be strict with it, and I could specifically see the small social guild in the start up phase wanting to use such requirements, but none the less if someone doesn't feel it's something they want to use time on they should probably not choose a guild that has a strong focus on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Morvick View Post
    What if you gained experience within your guild, on a personal basis? Each thing you do towards the guild's current quest will lend you a sum of experience. The higher your Guild Contribution Level is, the more of the guild perks you can enjoy, or maybe, you get an increasingly-large stipend just like the Tithe.

I dunno. The options kind of open up once you make people earn it (though admittedly, in very large guilds this would hurt most people rather than help them or encourage them.)

I agree that it should be enough to just want to help the guild, and some are hard to complete when you don't have many high-level people online.
    I dont want the dumb Guild Rep Grind that WoW has but I wouldn't mind if Trion implemented an optional Guild Currency/DKP that Guild Masters could reward for nonarbitrary contributions of there members.

+ Reply to Thread