+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Public Test Realm

Soulwalker

Default A Public Test Realm

The game should have a public test realm where plays can either import their highest toon (a copy) or use one from a bunch of stock standard ones on the PTR. You could either let anyone log in but set a limit on how many OR choose accounts at random / by lottery and send them an invitation.

So they can be involved in final testing before a patch goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by riftasobu View Post
    The game should have a public test realm where plays can either import their highest toon (a copy) or use one from a bunch of stock standard ones on the PTR. You could either let anyone log in but set a limit on how many OR choose accounts at random / by lottery and send them an invitation.

So they can be involved in final testing before a patch goes live.
    I hope this is extreme sarcasm.

They have had a PTS (public test shard) up for almost two weeks, sending out messages to all live servers daily and nightly to come join them, with the ability to roll on the PTS and create instant 50s with full gear sets.

Soulwalker

No it isn't Ive been away from Rift for around 2 months I think. I've missed out on a lot. Please don't make assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by riftasobu View Post
    No it isn't Ive been away from Rift for around 2 months I think. I've missed out on a lot. Please don't make assumptions.
    But...erm...aren't you making an assumption that the game does not have what you want, when you have not been playing and didn't even take the time to look and see if they do have it now, since you've been away?

>.>

To late that added a PTR very close to the launch of the game.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

+ Reply to Thread