+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By Verinium
  • 3 Post By TheDrizzle404

Thread: Founders title.

Soulwalker

Default Founders title.

Yeah yeah yeah, im gonna qq a bit, but my suggestion is really short and simple. Why do the new guys get a title for joining an event we are also doing? =P shouldnt there be a title to give the founders some love if its all about time of joining? Thats it, thats my suggestion, new people get title for joining during event, i think founders should get a title for helping the game off the ground by joining initially and spreading the good word. (on that note i recruited 3 friends and got a horse, they got 20% bonus xp and yet another title =P ) just saying lol.

I think a Founders title is a nice idea. LOTRO gave it to those who joined within the first month the game went live... think maybe you also had to get the CE or a certain payment plan- can't recall it's been so long. Would be great if Trion recognized the founding players in this way.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Soulwalker

yes it would be, i wont go saying oh i got this, or oh i got that. The only reason i complain about no title is because they are giving one out to the new crew just for joining during an event, i should think the games unvieling/release is a far superior event =P

Soulwalker

Topic made its way to page 4, think its safe to bump and that i gave the other topics plenty of time at the top of the list. I really would like to see more than 1 piece of feedback =P

id like a Prefix, like Elder or something.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle404 View Post
    id like a Prefix, like Elder or something.
    Either Elder name, dnkflskjdf

or Founder name, lkhfjal

It should also be only for the alpha and beta testers that pre-ordered the game.
    Last edited by Vigour; 08-06-2011 at 05:44 PM.
    <The Endless Court>
    Ovee - r4 Cleric | Skigoboom - r6 Warrior
    ^5/5 GSB - 4/4 ROS - 4/4 GP - 4/4 DH - 5/11 HK^

Telaran

Default bump

this sounds good but whats the cut off? this game is still relatively new.

i like the elder prefix. or the immortal. or the ancient. primeval or primordial pre or suffix. the crusty if you wanna get weird. and they have to be account bound.

Soulwalker

Preordering or ordering within the first month id say, those were the founders, the people that gave Rift a fanbase/starting money/ spreading of the word. It just seems silly that all the people that are joining off of our good word get random titles, but the people that went out on a limb to try out and see if the game was worth it got nothin, and i do like the Elder prefix idea, its not too over the top, but its enough to show youve been around the block a bit =)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalgeyser View Post
    this sounds good but whats the cut off? this game is still relatively new.

i like the elder prefix. or the immortal. or the ancient. primeval or primordial pre or suffix. the crusty if you wanna get weird. and they have to be account bound.
    quite a variety of choices there =P but yes, account bound would definatly be a must, as every character you make is still you, and thus still a founder.

Yeah, why not? If they're still running on a founders sub, throw 'em a title. New players are being given titles like ''the Risen'', ''of the abyss'' for joining at a certain time. Makes sense for a founders title to be implemented, if it's not too much hassle.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaMatt View Post
    Yeah, why not? If they're still running on a founders sub, throw 'em a title. New players are being given titles like ''the Risen'', ''of the abyss'' for joining at a certain time. Makes sense for a founders title to be implemented, if it's not too much hassle.
    Thats basicly where my thoughts are, i wont quit just because it isnt implimented, but it would definatly be nice to be recognized excpecially since the second wave is =P. Honestly im amazed that the topic has 5 stars, i honestly expected people were going to think i was just whining =/ glad to see others are all up for the idea and i hope rift picks up on it =D.

Plane Touched

I don't think it's wrong in any way to reward the people that were here at the beginning. I'd even raise the stakes so that someone who has kept their subscription active since game opening (or the first month) should have access to an even more special title. Like Semper Ascended. Or along those lines, but if they lapse their account the title goes away.

Oh, and I just joined fairly recently, so I don't benefit from either.

Soulwalker

the only problem with the idea of never changing is for paypal you can only have 1 option at a time, i actually had to cancel my subscription temporarily to change my information to continue paying, i messaged them and got it back to regular pay, but this could be a future problem if the "dont cancel ever" rule is applied, that and when i get deployed next year i probably wont be paying for a game i cant play =P but again, a problem that can be solved by messageing trion and explaining the situation.

+ Reply to Thread