+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Trion - Sell Platinum

Default Trion - Sell Platinum

I'm sick of seeing Plat Spammers. Trion - sell platinum and just put the spammers out of business.

I'd buy Plat. The only thing is - the economy would probably fluctuate immensely. There's always going to be a dipsh*t that tries to list an epic item at like... 29057823456023465 platinum - which makes it unfair on the people that don't want to spend hundreds of (insert currency here) on platinum. I'd be happy with buying 50 platinum every now and then to just keep the float up, being a casual player with a global playstyle interest.

In which case, someone at Trion would have to keep an eye on the economy for each shard and alternate the prices of platinum based on the average cost of an item in the Auction House. (Which would be attainable by getting the prices of the most expensive item, and the cheapest item, obviously.)

Other than that - the best way would be to offer packages purchasable from the Rift website - only X times per X days/weeks/months in order to narrow down the possibility of the fluctuation of the economy within Rift. The idea would be to basically give people the opportunity to spend a little money and be able to buy that piece of armor for a couple platinum there and then.

For example (and it really is just for example, I havn't worked anything out or whatever),

20 Currency Credits - Currency Credits are the amount of times you can purchase platinum from the Rift website.

10p - 1.99 - 2 credits.
    20p - 3.99 - 5 credits.
    30p - 5.50 - 9 credits.
    40p - 7.45 - 12 credits.
    50p - 9.25 - 16 credits.
    100p - 15.99 - 20 credits.

From a business point of view - why the hell would you let 5000 websites out there selling platinum, steal your customers accounts to make money (and a hell of a lot of it) off people - when you could be making that money, offering platinum to people - SECURELY.

Y'see?

Champion

Lifelong banned accounts to all spamers, and all ok
    GSB/DD/DH/RoS/RotP/HK conqueror, ultimate dungeon hero

Quote Originally Posted by Ekso View Post
    Lifelong banned accounts to all spamers, and all ok
    To spot a spammer, the spammer has to spam. Which completely defeats the objective to get rid of them. You'll NEVER be able to tell who is a Plat Seller from the moment they login, until they actually announce it in a public channel - I'm selling platinum.

While selling plat might be a good solution to this problem, I don't think the game would benefit from it in other areas. I expect a lot of players will leave when they add a plat shop on top of the subscription fee. It would no longer be an equal playing field that is received as fair by the playerbase. No longer will the amount of time spend on certain gameplay dictate your progress, but how big your wallet is in real life. Prices in the AH will be driven by the plat buying market instead of the plat made in game. People who don't have the money to buy plat will no longer be able to buy certain auctions and see their progress and fun rapidly declining.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Jawsnap View Post
    To spot a spammer, the spammer has to spam. Which completely defeats the objective to get rid of them. You'll NEVER be able to tell who is a Plat Seller from the moment they login, until they actually announce it in a public channel - I'm selling platinum.
    Well here let also sit silently ;)

Would be a sure way to ruin the 'in game' economy.

I vote no.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    Would be a sure way to ruin the 'in game' economy.

I vote no.
    +1

symbols

OP is insane.

Setting aside for the moment the fact that platinum is a) way too easy to get and b) completely worthless, the only way this kind of system has even a remotely viable shot at doing what you want it to is for Trion to massively and continuously undercut the third party sellers. That in turn floods the game to the point where people who don't buy plat can't keep up, which in turn forces them to buy plat or b*tch and whine on the forums and then quit.

The only thing that might work is a PLEX system, and even that could cause problems.

Right now, OP, you're likely in that phase where you've just hit 50 and see an AH full of purple stuff to buy, but having just dropped 100p on your mount, can't afford it. In your thirst for instant gratification, you've come storming to the boards to demand change while failing to realize that in a week or two, you'll come to see that all that crafted gear is crap compared to T1 purples or T2 blues and that you have more plat that you know what to do with.

I actually hope that Trion does not do this. All it would do is inflate prices on items and players who do not purchase plat would not be able to afford the AH anymore.

I'll cancel my account if this is ever done. Why would you buy plat in this game anyway? It's already beyond easy to generate money.

lololol

Fail.

'i cant tink of gud wai 4 dis...TRIONSELLPLATLAWL!'

/notsigned

I think you're all blowing it WAY out of proportion. Sure, the economy would change somewhat, but that's why you'd add a limit to how much you can buy from the website.

What suggestions do you obviously more intelligent people have to diminish the motivation of Plat Sellers coming in game to spam our chat channels?

Quote Originally Posted by Jawsnap View Post
    What suggestions do you obviously more intelligent people have to diminish the motivation of Plat Sellers coming in game to spam our chat channels?
    Report spam. I can play day on ends without seeing spam from plat sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Raimla View Post
    Report spam. I can play day on ends without seeing spam from plat sellers.
    You obviously don't play on Whitefall. We (on average) get about 12 plat sellers per hour hit both meridian/sanctum general chat, aswell as the level bracket chats.

OBVIOUSLY a lot of people on our Shard have purchased platinum... otherwise there wouldn't be so many sellers trying to further expand their already large client base.

Edit: My level 18 Guardian has 28 ignore list.
    Last edited by Jawsnap; 08-03-2011 at 06:59 AM.

Gots to say No.

Economy would then be screwed up because of Cash Shop people.
    What I eat doesnt make you......*
    Why do you care about what Im doing?

*Thanks RiftMods, i'm sure that my sig was just getting under your skin that you had to bother me...why dont you run along and bother some trolls in those threads?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast