+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion to lower cost of lvl 50 essesnces

Default Suggestion to lower cost of lvl 50 essesnces

Ok, so as many of you have noticed, the price of greater and lesser essences at level 50 is absurdly high. 50 inscribed sourcestones for greater and 20 for lesser. Most players in pursuit of the best gear would want to get a whole set (2 greater and 4 lesser) before equipping them, rather than get one or two and waste them in a source machine/sigil with lower quality essences. This means a player would have to earn 180 inscribed sourcestones before being able to equip. This is incredibly unrealistic.

As you all know, inscribed sourcestones are nowhere near as easy to get you hands on as other currencies due to the facts that most people have other things to do in the game besides sitting in a zone and waiting for a zone event to start and the fact that each event only drops ONE sourcestone, and the majority of the time it's crystal and not inscribed, which in my opinion is worthless to a level 50 player that is after the best gear. Who wants to waste a spot in their source machine/sigil with a lower quality blue when they could have all purples? especially if you've managed to get at least ONE purple greater with 50 sourcestones. What would be the point of trying to get more inscribed if you fill the spots with blues and would have to just throw out that one purple you got more?

That's not to mention the fact that if you do happen to be around when a zone event starts, there are often not even enough people online or participating in the event for a successful completion, and I'm on Crucia, which I believe is one of the higher populated shards.

Point being, The drop rate for inscribed sourcestones makes it nearly impossible to get a set of essences at the price that is set.If not lower the prices, the drop rate needs to at least be brought more in line with plaques of achievement and other similar currencies. I am online every day, sometimes all day, and at best I might earn 1 inscribed soucestone a day... if I'm lucky. Usually its 1 every other day. at this rate it would take 6-12 months before I was able to get a full set of essences. Yet I can earn 8 or so plagues of achievement in a single tier 1 dungeon run.

I know getting essences is not supposed to be an easy task and something to have to work for, but it also needs to be realistic. I don't think the developers realize just how rare coming across the inscribed sourcestones actually is. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the incredibly low drop rate and insanely high prices make it a fun task for any player to try to achieve, and after all, shouldn't the objective of Trion be to make a game that players love to play. It's like they are the oil companies and actually have something to gain from setting high prices. Well they don't have anything to gain other than players dislike of the game. i"m sorry I just don't see the logic.

If they won't lower the prices then one suggestion I have to increase the drop rate of inscribed sourcestones would be to offer and amount of them for each zone event dependent on how much the player participate in the event. If the player waist till the end and only kilsl the boss, they get 1. If they stop a few invasions and kill the boss they get 2. Close some rifts, stop some invasions and kill boss gets 3, etc. This would not only make getting our essences a much more realistic thing, but it would also give players more of an incentive to participate in the earlier stages of zone events and ultimately lead to more completions.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game, but it is still new and there are some kinks to work out. In my opinion this is one of the biggest.
    Last edited by Jakranka; 08-03-2011 at 06:50 AM. Reason: changed petition to suggestion

Soulwalker

Dont have time to read the whole post... Either lower them to around 35-40 or bump them to proc more often/be worth the slot. The fact that i can get a water raid rift item and it procs more than my Cleric tanking is broken... The Blue Horn that heals for 436 a swing that procs on swing procs more often...

They are fine the way they are now. Most of the greaters are very bad and you get 7 stones from doing the daily raid rift everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletroses View Post
    They are fine the way they are now. Most of the greaters are very bad and you get 7 stones from doing the daily raid rift everyday.
    I agree, I have seen many greaters and other rewards that do not seem worth buying, but for my main class (full pyro) an additional 90 something spell power with the greater would be pretty awesome. Add 80 - 100 more stones to buy 4-5 lessers on top of the 50 to buy that, for a full set. Just not achievable based on drop rates from zone events. It is also not always simple for all players to get a raid group together to earn the 7 your referring to.

I am fine with the price but then my guild does Raid Rifts daily.
    Hoss

OP will be mad he typed all that out once he gets a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Senji View Post
    OP will be mad he typed all that out once he gets a clue.
    No not mad. Quite enjoyed it actually. Is it tough for you to read the hard words? would you like somebody to read it to you? We don't all have guilds that do raid rifts and shouldn't be forced to join one. It's a valid point. i don't understand why trolls make comments like these. Your opinion is respected though.

Guilds? I pug raid rifts on my alt everyday and i have never had trouble finding a group or finishing one. They have been nerfed into the ground and a group with just about any level of gear could manage.

Quote Originally Posted by MoralPervesn View Post
    No not mad. Quite enjoyed it actually. Is it tough for you to read the hard words? would you like somebody to read it to you? We don't all have guilds that do raid rifts and shouldn't be forced to join one. It's a valid point. i don't understand why trolls make comments like these. Your opinion is respected though.
    You aren't forced to join one. You just get to use inferior gear, just like if you refuse to join a guild that can do GSB, ROS, GP and HK.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    You aren't forced to join one. You just get to use inferior gear, just like if you refuse to join a guild that can do GSB, ROS, GP and HK.
    Exactly. I'm not sure if you meant this as a slam against me but you proved my point. Thanks

Plane Touched

I just replaced my level 45-48 lessers with the good ones one at a time till I had a full source machine of 50 purple one. On my server there is usually 3-5 PUG daily raid rifts a night happening during prime time. You know you get 7 inscribed per daily raid rift quest you do(6 for the quest and 1 from the chest). Thats 1 lesser every 3 days. Thats not hard or long.
    Last edited by Drillo; 08-02-2011 at 08:45 PM.

Protip: you can replace essences.

Ie: the new purple covers up the old blue.

Nomnom?

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletroses View Post
    Guilds? I pug raid rifts on my alt everyday and i have never had trouble finding a group or finishing one. They have been nerfed into the ground and a group with just about any level of gear could manage.
    Starlet, I know and I do pug daily for dungeon runs etc.. It sometimes takes hours to get a group together. I haven't had the good luck you have getting groups, hopefully the cross-server LFG in 1.4 will fix this problem. But the main point I was making was that I think a good solution to the problem, for people that don't want to wait around to pug, would just be to slightly increase the drop rate from zone events. i don't know what it's like on your server but mine rarely completes the events to the finish

Telaran

I agree, I have seen many greaters and other rewards that do not seem worth buying, but for my main class (full pyro) an additional 90 something spell power with the greater would be pretty awesome. Add 80 - 100 more stones to buy 4-5 lessers on top of the 50 to buy that, for a full set. Just not achievable based on drop rates from zone events. It is also not always simple for all players to get a raid group together to earn the 7 your referring to.

For the PuG raid, i think its a server thing... on my shard PuG DRR is like an hourly event during prime time.

One thing I'd like to point out to your original post though,

If I read correctly, you said it's frustrating to have to gather a whole set of essences and equip them in one go. You do know you can overwrite an existing essence with a new essence right? It wouldn't matter if u equip ur essences one by one or all in one go, an upgrade is an upgrade. Unless you're building a new source engine for a completely different purpose spec, but even then u're still upgrading with each new essence you put on / replace anyway.

Other than that, i can't say much about the price of the essences as I found myself accumulaating them quite quickly....
    Last edited by Crit Error; 08-02-2011 at 08:49 PM.

Plane Touched

Is this another I should be able to get everything solo and not have to join up with other people to do stuff in an MMO post?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast