+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Make 1.4 Mossy Tartagon mount able to swim in water!

Default Make 1.4 Mossy Tartagon mount able to swim in water!

Ok Trion, here's a simple suggestion that players would love, make the mount a little different than others since it's just another reskin, and simple to do.

Make the new Mossy turtle work in water. So no more dismounting and let us ride it in water still with a 30% speed increase over swim speed. We still need to dismount for combat, but just makes us feel cool while humping through the bits of water in Shimmersand, Freemarch and other places.

Just thought it was a minor thing to add that would make it "unique". Thanks!

(oh and adding a 3rd head and armored tail would be cool, but that might just be me:P)
    Last edited by Azguard; 08-02-2011 at 07:10 PM.

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

I don't own a Turtle or a Murdantix (sp?) mount, and I'd be jealous, but this is a really cool idea.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Azguard View Post
    Ok Trion, here's a simple suggestion that players would love, make the mount a little different than others since it's just another reskin, and simple to do.

Make the new Mossy turtle work in water. So no more dismounting and let us ride it in water still with a 30% speed increase over swim speed. We still need to dismount for combat, but just makes us feel cool while humping through the bits of water in Shimmersand, Freemarch and other places.

Just thought it was a minor thing to add that would make it "unique". Thanks!

(oh and adding a 3rd head and armored tail would be cool, but that might just be me:P)
    Great idea,

I'd allow normal ground mounts to swim on the surface (no diving) at normal swimming speed (/= walking speed?), flying mounts are able to fly at maybe 220% and walk at (a procent chosen between basic ground mount speed & advanced ground mount speed) as they are meant to fly normally & get a sort of debuff in speed compared to a horse f.e wich is used to using its high musclelar hoves & legs

an example :

30 % walking speed (char)
    60 % movemental pace (basic horse)
    100 or 110 % movemental pace (special ground mount in this example a horse)

The flying mount would have in this example a ground speed of 70-90% & a flight speed depending on the type of weather occuring (all of this is just optional) 100-220% or even faster by cause of specific temporary terrain effects that are added to zones at times & occurences of riftal events :P

Quote Originally Posted by Anioz View Post
    Great idea,

I'd allow normal ground mounts to swim on the surface (no diving) at normal swimming speed (/= walking speed?), flying mounts are able to fly at maybe 220% and walk at (a procent chosen between basic ground mount speed & advanced ground mount speed) as they are meant to fly normally & get a sort of debuff in speed compared to a horse f.e wich is used to using its high musclelar hoves & legs

an example :

30 % walking speed (char)
    60 % movemental pace (basic horse)
    100 or 110 % movemental pace (special ground mount in this example a horse)

The flying mount would have in this example a ground speed of 70-90% & a flight speed depending on the type of weather occuring (all of this is just optional) 100-220% or even faster by cause of specific temporary terrain effects that are added to zones at times & occurences of riftal events :P
    I see how you really swiftly snuck in all that flying mount crap.

No.

Flying.

Mounts.

Gawd.

Anyway...

Yes to the croc being able to at LEAST swm across the surface of the water, to just not dismount you if you dip an inch into deep water. I don't plan on swimming across the world, just something to add a little flavor to the croc mount.

Soulwalker

Default Whats wrong with flying mounts?

Why no Flying mounts? Whats wrong with them?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bassguy View Post
    Why no Flying mounts? Whats wrong with them?
    What isn't wrong with them?
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Default Shame on you!

What isn't wrong with them?
    This isn't helping anyone.

Flying mounts: Kills world PvP, damages the community slightly, ruins all the fun in travelling, dumbs the game down as you won't have to avoid mobs, etc.

Flying mounts cause more trouble than they're worth. Why do people like them so much?
    127% of internet statistics are made up on the spot.

Never trust obscure quotes from famous people on the internet. -George Washington

Soulwalker

Default solution!

Quote Originally Posted by Adebar View Post
    Flying mounts: Kills world PvP, damages the community slightly, ruins all the fun in travelling, dumbs the game down as you won't have to avoid mobs, etc.

Flying mounts cause more trouble than they're worth. Why do people like them so much?

then they just have to make flying enemys and flying battle mounts, then its fair?

Soulwalker

LMFAO can allways tell people who played WoW but never made it to end level. I played on a pvp server with 85 rogue. FLYING MOUNTS DO NOT RUIN WORLD PVP THEY IMPROVE IT.

so many times i would see someone on ground fighting land down stealth and than rock they're world and than fly away or wait at corpse to do round 2. Also at Max Level I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO FIGHT THROUGH EVERY GREY MOB IN THE WORLD. Its boring REALLY REALLY REALLY BORING why do i want to get dismounted by a grey mob or rooted at all by one to slow me down.

Flying mounts are interesting because they make point to point travel easier. If i want to go from one dungeon to another i'm gonna do that. If im in the middle of a mob crowded area and my wife tells me take out trash or do dishes or i have to do something real quick heck go to the rest room i want to be able to fly up and rest safe not find a place.

That's why flying mounts are nice to have. Now as for the croc mount yes i want that mofo to swim that be pimping.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmnted View Post
    LMFAO can allways tell people who played WoW but never made it to end level. I played on a pvp server with 85 rogue. FLYING MOUNTS DO NOT RUIN WORLD PVP THEY IMPROVE IT.

so many times i would see someone on ground fighting land down stealth and than rock they're world and than fly away or wait at corpse to do round 2. Also at Max Level I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO FIGHT THROUGH EVERY GREY MOB IN THE WORLD. Its boring REALLY REALLY REALLY BORING why do i want to get dismounted by a grey mob or rooted at all by one to slow me down.

Flying mounts are interesting because they make point to point travel easier. If i want to go from one dungeon to another i'm gonna do that. If im in the middle of a mob crowded area and my wife tells me take out trash or do dishes or i have to do something real quick heck go to the rest room i want to be able to fly up and rest safe not find a place.

That's why flying mounts are nice to have. Now as for the croc mount yes i want that mofo to swim that be pimping.
    Actually, I did play WoW and had several max level characters.

And yes, it did kill world PvP. Nobody ever needed to fight because they never confronted each other. The main reason why was because they were flying the entire time, and only touched down to the ground for a few moments at a time.

And you don't have to fight through grey mobs. Use your head and fight routes through them. It's easy to do even with orange mobs, much less mobs that you have to step on to aggro. This game's travel is already to easy, quick, and linear. Being able to avoid any obstacles and go from one point to another would just inflate the problem.

Why not just stick with ground mounts? If you know how to avoid mobs they're fine, if you don't, you need to learn how.
    127% of internet statistics are made up on the spot.

Never trust obscure quotes from famous people on the internet. -George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by KnirpsLyn View Post
    I see how you really swiftly snuck in all that flying mount crap.

No.

Flying.

Mounts.

Gawd.

Anyway...

yes

flying

mounts

Gawd!!
    Last edited by Alleriana; 08-06-2011 at 03:59 PM.

Eeb
    Soulwalker

Actually, I did play WoW and had several max level characters.

And yes, it did kill world PvP. Nobody ever needed to fight because they never confronted each other. The main reason why was because they were flying the entire time, and only touched down to the ground for a few moments at a time.

And you don't have to fight through grey mobs. Use your head and fight routes through them. It's easy to do even with orange mobs, much less mobs that you have to step on to aggro. This game's travel is already to easy, quick, and linear. Being able to avoid any obstacles and go from one point to another would just inflate the problem.

Why not just stick with ground mounts? If you know how to avoid mobs they're fine, if you don't, you need to learn how.
    beacause flying mounts are fun besides there alredy are grifyns in the game why not ride one? and there is a quest of a guy how ask u to capture grigrifyns there should be like shops where u can rent a mount for 1 flyght and when u land the mount goes away it would be more expensive than the gates and whould prevent abuse but the mounts whould be usable. And for theswiming mounts ; when the croc run s as fast as a horse and doesn t swin, Trion we have a problem. it should run at +30 and swim at +110 same for the new turtle. (yes underwater as well)

The world is far too small for flying mounts.

I'm not sure, but in my experience "world PvP" in WoW was dead way before flying mounts were allowed in Azeroth (v4 as opposed to the introduction of flying mounts in Outland in v2. As far as I can tell from back then, no-one complained much about flying mounts "killing" PvP. The argument is shaky at best.

Also, one rogue corpsecamping another player from the air does not equal "world PvP". Well, strictly speaking it does, since it's PvP that is happening in the game world, but I'm guessing that players want huge battles and ensuing server shutdowns and all that.

Also, swimming Croc hell yeah.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast