+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Terrain upgrade

Banned

Default Terrain upgrade

I have a suggestion. You could fix the terrain bugs that allow people with knockback abilities to throw people 150 feet through rocks, walls, buildings, mountains, the ground, and any/all other solid inanimate objects where that would normally be impossible. That would be fantastic if you did that.

When you find a bug like that send a ingame report with the map coords.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Banned

I don't think it's area specific. I think it's related to the character ability. Specifically the warrior's knockback ability. At least I think it's that ability.

The scenario is as follows. Warrior enters combat, warrior loses combat. Upon death, warrior pushes "temper tantrum" button, causing a loud electrical type shock-explosion sound and sending the killer of said warrior hundreds of feet into, through, behind, or under the closest solid object in the area. This has happened to me on over a dozen occasions in WF pvp. It seems to only occur when facing a limited number of characters. I can provide one name who accounts for probably 90% of these occurrences. I cannot say it is an exploit or a hack because I don't know. So I don't report them.

But it happens all over the place so I'm pretty sure it is not related to specific points on the map, rather I believe it has to do with the relationship of ANY solid object to the the effects of this particular knockback ability.

I have also been knocked clear across the lake and into the small pond adjacent to the vault area from a standing position atop the rocks at the codex by a MM rogue using his version of a knockback. This does not coincide with the distance inferred in the tooltip for this ability. Though I thought it rather funny at the time, it confirmed to me that there are issues related to knockback mechanics in pvp that need to be addressed in my opinion.

They are small nuisances that can be shrugged off by a cool head, but bugs they remain. Any developer who participates in pvp must surely have run accross these... oversights.

I simply suggest these oversights be investigated. You guys are doing a fantastic job addressing issues that need addressing. I patiently await the fix for this issue.

+ Reply to Thread