+ Reply to Thread

Thread: World Events lacking :(

Default World Events lacking :(

I kinda felt unattached or not really following the story line in this event. I could read it on the side bar or under world event tab but it still felt like i wasn't a part of it, nor where my actions. Maybe in the future you might think about adding a core story line(not daily) quest (can give it a color like you do on epic quest lines) where you specifically (or a 5 man) move the story along. Then once we get to next phase, the next part of the chain quest is given. That way players understand whats going on story wise and fell like there contributing.

Future event suggestions:
    -A chain quest that continues as events unfold, telling the story and your part in the event.(solo or 5man)
    - At the end of each chain quest a small cut scean of the story (nothing fancy needed)
    - A new background color to know this is a world event story line quest and not a daily)
    - A title for completing story line all the way through.\
    - Reward with wold event loot and xp
    - Task scale with lvl. (as they do currently with daily)

* If u miss a Quest line at any point you can not go back and complete it since the phase has moved on but you can pick up the new one and continue from there, you will just not get the title.
    Last edited by Zombieking; 08-02-2011 at 11:00 AM.
    <Mercenary> Briarcliff
    <Dragon Hunters> Wolfsbane
    Baowolf 50 War (Retired)
    Largol Cleric (Active)
    Spreez 50 Mage (Retired)

To be honest that was one of the best world events ever seen in a MMO. They had some graphics hickups in stage 4 but it was well planned event.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

It was a great event. The most memorable I've seen.

Suggestions for next time:

All of the event stuff inside the capital increases lag. It would have been better outside. Maybe this is a problem for PvP shards or something. Has instancing inside the capital cities been considered?

Still more text to let you know what's going on in the event panel.

More direct, tangible threat. The rain and gloom was nice at the beginning, but it quickly lost effectiveness as a vehicle of conveying a sense of planar invasion and impending doom. I just wanted it to go away. Serious downpour thunderstorms and alligators pouring over the walls of the capital would be interesting.
    Last edited by Silverangel69; 08-02-2011 at 04:15 PM.

And please don't accidentally faction lock bop artifact drops.

agreed that visually it was great seeing things change in landscape and instances as well and this might be because i only play 2-3 hr a night but through out the event i keep say "wtf is happening?". think i visited HK once, to see that the door was cracking or something(can't stay there too long or get ganked) I did the dailies once or twice but after that i stopped since i was only interested in the story. Hence to separate it from looking like another daily quest it should have had a different background?
    Last edited by Zombieking; 08-03-2011 at 12:55 PM.
    <Mercenary> Briarcliff
    <Dragon Hunters> Wolfsbane
    Baowolf 50 War (Retired)
    Largol Cleric (Active)
    Spreez 50 Mage (Retired)

+ Reply to Thread