+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Champion

Thread: Faster method to show/hide helm and shoulders

Default Faster method to show/hide helm and shoulders

The subject says it all. As a role-player, I'd love to see a more convenient method for toggling the helm and shoulder display. Currently, if I want to stroll into a tavern whilst removing my hat, I need to either (1) pause to dig through the settings menu or (2) unequip both my stat helmet and the wardrobe helmet. It's a bit cumbersome.

Ideas on how to implement this:

1) Macro-able slash command(s) -- /showhelm and /showshoulders, or something along those lines. Probably the most sensible option if it's feasible.

2) Equivalents of the /saveequip and /loadequip commands for the wardrobe tab. I could then make a macro swapping out the stat gear and wardrobe gear simultaneously. It's a bit messier than option one, but would achieve the same result.

Non-RPers may find this feature equally handy, since we can choose from multiple wardrobe sets. Many players might want outfit #1 to include a helmet whilst #2 shows their character's hair, etc.

Soulwalker

I am not a RPer, but I heartily support this idea. In fact, it seems almost silly to me that there is no /slash command to show/hide helm and shoulders.

Why go to the trouble of adding wardrobe, but leave out 2 simple slash commands that directly impact your characters looks? /boggle

The truly sad part is that people have been asking for this function nearly since the game was released and not even an acknowledgement from Trion.
    Last edited by Noncorp; 09-22-2011 at 07:51 AM.

/signed
    seems reasonable.

I would very much like this.

im not sure about the application on other things, but i think itd be neat if they had a /removehelm emote where your character takes off his helm and puts it away (while at the same time the game hides your helm in options)

how bout a check box next to the helm and shoulder slots on the character/stat window?

"Creation is a paradox. It hatches from its opposite."—Olka, Mistmeadow witch
    CGhub Portfolio | My Sketchbook | RIFT related sketches and art | Rift Gear and wardrobe concept sketches

Plane Walker

I'd like to see this, too -- as well as a way to hide gloves. Particularly for caster classes, gloves sometimes look odd to me, and it'd be nice to hide them as an option. (Just not pants, please...)

The idea of the wardrobe function is to allow players to look the way they want in a relatively easy way to change without it impacting stats. Some people don't like seeing their helm or shoulders on certain sets and making it 1 click instead of 7 or so just to change gear is just plain easier. At very least if you have a helm item socketed into a wardrobe spot it should display it regardless of if the hide helm/shoulders is clicked.

/signed

+ Reply to Thread