+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Awesome games get even more awesome Idea's

Thumbs up Awesome games get even more awesome Idea's

First I wanna congratulate the developers for making Rift such an outstanding game , even tough here are some idea's I find worth mentioning and to my and some others opinion will not only improve our gameplay experience dramasticly but also the end user paid membership count since the next upcoming idea scratches the back of both the people playing & paying for the game & the developers whom get paid

I am sure this will be included in one of the next coming major updates seeing the potential profit-wise & for the gamers game-wise.

For the time beeing let them hear what you personally think of these idea's to convince them their investment in the developing of these additional entertainment forms will be well 'lucrativly' returned !

Major Mini-game update :

General :
    This game would get a cutting edge advantage against other games of the sort if there were mini-games implented in the game
    For the example below I will use a deck of cards and a plateau to put them on as there is a wide variety of card games avaible out there & many of them could be enabled just by allowing the below specifics)

Technical aspect :
    One basic standard way to easely and cost-efficiently do this would be to just allow players to buy a 'plateau' they can carry around & a set of cards they can as they self so please put on the plateau they are carrying, this 'table/plateau' would then be viewed by both or all engaging players wich could be adjusted with adding mini-game settings on the table itself.

An even more cost-efficient way of thinking would be a general server wich would house the Game Hall (future lfg across shards way of thinking), players would still be able to chat in guildchat &(/or just) their social list and a partion of all of the mini-game fanatics would gather in this hall to play the games they most favourably like. (thus lowering server load/lagg issues/and on)

What makes these ideas cost-efficient? :
    Considering mouth-to-mouth advertising effects wich is free in its nature, this would be maybe even 'the only' fantasy high quality mmorph out there making people who use just regular MSN or games like Wow even more than they were beforehand convinced to migrate to Rift and leave their dull basic chat & game system for something bigger, broader & more enjoyable, this will automaticly result in an explosion of paid regristrated membership signups and in little or no time at all a whole new serverset would have to be set up just to be able to handle the income of registration forms

Reffering to the mini-game settings these should allow different ways of shuffling the cards depending on wich card game (for this example) you are playing

Note for Increasing the spike:
    If combined with mediocre standard advertising this effect offcourse can be increased

Note for decreasing spikes & other :
    If for any reason a more gradual spike in paid membership count is wanted this could be left out of the main advertising adds & left to mouth - to- mouth advertising solely wich with a high risk of certainty would get a high enough spike on its own (other non-invasive idea's would be f.e to allow it after a certain set of quests at & above a specific lvl at first implementing it & gradually decreasing the lvl required or making it permanent, etc)

A couple of examples of card games that could be played by people with the findings above :

- Patience
    - Poker (with gold or not :P, you could even after some reasonable set up time implement ranks, ..)
    - Spider Solitaire
    - Free cell

For now I will await the response of the general public, wich are you the readers, faithfull rifters, If you like this proposial or wanna add Technical idea's to make establish this implementation easier/better,

Reply to the following question : Do you think the above would add to your gameplay experience ? Add any comments/idea's you might have after this

For Telara!
    Anioz of Argent

I'll be honest, I don't think adding games to a paid subscription service that all players with a recent copy of windows have for free will result in more subscriptions.

I've always liked the idea of a large number of mini-games with an MMO (and other, non-combat activities as well). I'd even be happy to see an MMO chat system that ties in with MSN, and even Skype. But I honestly don't think spider solitaire will add subscriptions to Rift.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debase View Post
    If the only target audience for Rift is disenfranchised WoW players, its doomed imo.

Thumbs up Attempt for clarification

Personally I think you understood me wrong, probably my way of explanation isn't developed enough or something of the sort. Spider solitaire on its own would indeed not make anything + about the game, it is the possibility to play any card game by choosing basic settings & choosing basic ways to shuffle a card deck previous to starting to play and playing them out on the plateau/bord with previous set rules together with friends & fellow questers ingame that would do it. By means of these basic card rule game settings this would allow the gamer to play out any unknown card game out there against any player (for fun, or for ingame money, or .. to add .), the developers wouldn't even have to spend time deciding on what games to add as they can provide the player with just a deck or 2 decks by option of cards, giving them game rules to set in front of playing & an invite button to invite players to your game ability.

The overall cost can be kept very low with outstanding market value seeing as no other high quality game has done this so far, its a done deal because of the hole in the market strategy this all offcourse in our personal opinion

Spider solitaire is just one of the infinite card games one could play with the in-game people you prefer to play it, this game would become an advanced IMVU-like fantasy mmorph with added mini-game functioning, sales would go trough the roof, I am certain there are no other game developers with balls to try out something like this than on this forum deciding from what i've seen so far.

Integration with MSN would be a way of doing things but would require both way teamwork of the companys, Trion has a good reason and it would be lucrative for them with very high probability, MSN however would only add & support this availibility of service if there is something to gain for them & seeing this as a direct treath to their service usage altough some of their services are free they will not go for it for free

Making this as costless & efficient as possible will result in easy low cost maintenance, an easely kept maintenance on its turn will make less maintenance & service issue's as in lagg, svr crashes and forth.

As stated previously the above 'card game' example is just a general example of what could be added with low costs & at the same time make a great way for players to interact with eachother

Subjectivly/my own opinion
    i'd rather be playing a card game with fantasy art on the cards like the King of the guardians & queen, peasant etc on them, background music & sounds which whisper tales of nature and magic than beeing in windows using the old boring layout of the windows relaxation games or MSN-mini games for that matter, beeing on MSN whilest nothing to do than to wait on a reply, put on music, watch clips & surf the web till u run out of ideas, i and alot of others rather marvle at those hypnotising fantasy graphics (this is very personal & differs for everyone offcourse)

My apoligizies on furth for any spelling errors made

Soulwalker

Thumbs up

Yes,

I do think that would be a great idea to implement into the game, altough they are customizable the standard chat programs are quite dull and past their time to my personal opinion, it's time for something new & refreshing !

How it's done is not something for us to think of, maybe going into technical details is a little too deep for most people who just want to hear about the idea and not read some book before they totally get what you are talking about & on top of that are asked to reply, no offence.

I'd love to replace IMVU, IRC, MSN by just 1 application that could function by interlacing if that is what I think you mean, IMVU is like theres no grown up version for it, The Sims wich I totally adore playing have costumes just like in Rift, but damn their way from sexy like me when Rifting there you pay for the items, clothes, ..

It's a great idea but try to work on your clarification on the matter a bit, try going less deep so u don't make people have to read your text 5 times before getting it.

Grtz

Celyne

Sword of Telara

Do you play chess on the rollercoaster when you are in a fun park? No? Why not? Yeah, that's exactly the same reason why Rift doesn't need card games.

Looks like I hit a snare somehow, if its offensive forget w/e I said, pity u are so shallow minded my friend.

Peace out.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Anioz View Post
    Looks like I hit a snare somehow, if its offensive forget w/e I said, pity u are so shallow minded my friend.

Peace out.
    & to additionally add, : riding a roller coaster is a hands on activity, no u wont be eaten a sandwich there or be playing any card games, beeing in Rift however u can eat ur sandwich while gazing, standing around doing nothing, the comparising your making is absolutly not tought throu altough I not only 'apreciate completly' oposite opinions than my own I encourage it to my hearts content for it will broaden my knowledge and perspectives beyond that wich I myself are personally capible off, but all this, only, as long as the person has as much respect for my opinion as I have for his/hers.

The idea was to put the idea out there, I don't care what happens with it as longs as it crossed the mind of the producers and got judged whatever the outcome might be. That is what this suggestion box is for, put your idea out there and let the masses of players decide wether they want it or not.

As a respond to your most undecent reply I might add with unreturned respect, What you're saying is that rift is a rollercoaster and not a chat & get to gether mini-game event, I say it might not be such a bad idea to be both, Trion is already half way there, making costumes dying armor.

Well hopefully people don't take offence somehow nomore because damn,

It's very demotivational for creative people to put their idea out there if you gonna be unrespectfull in your reply's like that, --- Shoot the idea's not the person with it lol---

Wish you the best & take care,

Anioz of Argent

+ Reply to Thread