+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weapon/armor art work

Shadowlander

Default Weapon/armor art work

I love the new HK area, the art work is crazy, then we get a forged dwarven quickblade...and it's a plan short sword that's metal, nothing special and it's leaps ahead of all our current gear, did that get missed? I do like this game but I never feel the gear looks awesome, maybe step it up as much as the dungeon artwork and it will look great. just a suggestion, love the game!

I am going to have to agree. The looks of armor in this game is awful. There are very limited looks for each class. I am disappointed because they have very nice graphics for scenery and stuff but they are very lacking in the armor department. I can't find any armor that i actually like for my cleric. I have looked at other classes armor as well and I don't really see anything special there either. I hope they will give us more options and better looking armor in the future.

I agree as well. when people think high level gear, they see weapons and armor with animations and detail so that when someone sees it they'll think that the weapon is high level and extremely powerful. not some quick-crafted piece-o-metal.

I third this motion, was horrible to log in today. I was ready for all this neat looking PvP gear. I'm tired of looking at the same three wardrobes everyone has. The armor in this game needs to be thought of as the image of rift. Articles, Websites, Blogs, Videos, Screenshots, Pictures, Advertisements ( Not to mention your everyday players who are getting sick of armor sets that look EXACTLY the same! Even the new stuff! ) Anything with the "look" of rift will be the same. It's pure laziness, the only one bad thing I have to say about Trion. Tell whatever designers you have to come back from vacation.
    Last edited by Krew; 08-03-2011 at 08:04 PM.

Telaran

I find it really lame that level 10 weapons look exactly the same as a level 50 t2 purple weapon. Why is it that only the orange items have a unique look but any other named purple item does not? I also think it would be great if named purple and orange items glowed, and that we could see them on our character while mounted.

It's extremely lame. Especially when you come from a game like Aion where you have a million choices and everything looks so awesome.

Telaran

Default cosmetics

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Stairs View Post
    I find it really lame that level 10 weapons look exactly the same as a level 50 t2 purple weapon. Why is it that only the orange items have a unique look but any other named purple item does not? I also think it would be great if named purple and orange items glowed, and that we could see them on our character while mounted.
    hmmm could be something adressed with runecrafting like a line of runes whos purpose was to change to look and feel-combined with wardrobe such that you could keep stats but change the uninspired looks.
    wow has what amount to cosmetic enchants why not rift?

Banned

Yeah.. the armor is terrible in this game.. so drab and boring.. so many using the same skins, looking identical to each other.. It's unprofessional at the least.. My characters from the early 2000 MMO looked better then this stuff.. I thought WoTLK was grrrrrrrr because they shared too many skins, but wow.. Rift trumped them

Shadowlander

I am actually suprised people don`t like the armors and weapons. I think they look pretty good. Alot of the stuff looks like real actual armor, which I really like. I prefer the gothic dark age look and that is something you don`t see in games too much. Well you see it in the low lvl stuff then soon as your high lvl it all turns into space man/robot/anime looking garbage.

Gotta remember too, making 3d armor models takes time. Also too since they seem to be making it to where the stuff don`t really clip with mixed and matched parts. That tells me that their 3d modelers take their time and put some pride into their work. More variety will come, games still young.

+ Reply to Thread