+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Disable wardrobes in PvP mode and allow cross-class items in wardrobe slots

Soulwalker

Default Disable wardrobes in PvP mode and allow cross-class items in wardrobe slots

As the title says, I suggest that the wardrobe is automatically disabled once in PvP mode or that non-class specific items do not show up when in PvP mode (not necessarily a complete disable of the wardrobe).

I also suggests that cross-class items such as Cloth and Plates be equitable in the wardrobe slots by classes that cannot currently equip them (i.e. a Mage could wear plate, leather and chain if he wanted to in his wardrobe slots).

These two suggestions should make it that characters are more customizable than now without causing troubles with misleading appearance when in PvP.

Shadowlander

I think they should have allowed cross class items to beginwith. It there for show and for fun, yeah lets only let certain classes wardrobe certain things! What were they thinking? Through all the years of mmo games wardrobes were one of the cool things that actually let you pick your own look from anything in the game to get your own unique look. Now it might not be a UNIQUE look but it`s your choice at least and makes you happy. I remember reading before this was released how this was going to change how mmo`s were viewed.

Why would you want a toggle for wardrobe for pvp? Just curious? I can`t think of any reason for it really. I think the idea of being suprised by your attacker by his looks only adds to the game. I guess some people can`t handle it though. I like the cross class idea, Guess I`ll throw you a bone and agree with the pvp idea too. Isn`t really a gamebreaking issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Daalai View Post
    As the title says, I suggest that the wardrobe is automatically disabled once in PvP mode or that non-class specific items do not show up when in PvP mode (not necessarily a complete disable of the wardrobe).

I also suggests that cross-class items such as Cloth and Plates be equitable in the wardrobe slots by classes that cannot currently equip them (i.e. a Mage could wear plate, leather and chain if he wanted to in his wardrobe slots).

These two suggestions should make it that characters are more customizable than now without causing troubles with misleading appearance when in PvP.
    No need for a toggle and i do agree on allowing any one to wear any class of gear in wardrobe.
    Since we can use all the classes starter gear via costumes you can no tell what class some one is via their outfits right now.

Is this a rogue or a dw warrior? (level 50 btw)

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...enpurple-1.jpg

Wardrobe only allow you to see that callings armor type. Meaning Warriors show plate, Clerics chain, Rogues in leather and mages in cloth.

Now if wardrobe allowed calling to wear any set then you would have a bone to pick with Trion.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Thumbs down

Why shouldn`t I be able to look good (or at least the way I want to), doing PVP? I think that would be a major turndown for a normal PVP player.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfetx View Post
    No need for a toggle and i do agree on allowing any one to wear any class of gear in wardrobe.
    Since we can use all the classes starter gear via costumes you can no tell what class some one is via their outfits right now.

Is this a rogue or a dw warrior? (level 50 btw)

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...enpurple-1.jpg
    It's a filthy dwarf! Nuff said.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Romiz View Post
    Wardrobe only allow you to see that callings armor type. Meaning Warriors show plate, Clerics chain, Rogues in leather and mages in cloth.

Now if wardrobe allowed calling to wear any set then you would have a bone to pick with Trion.
    Sorry also remember the new wardrobe items do not have calling linked to them . But still no reason to limit ppl if they goto all the work of getting them items.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

No reason to limit people anyway. Other games have appearance slot freedoms, zero consequences in any aspect of those games.

Does want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Damn it Liavy!

Quote Originally Posted by Liavy View Post
    No reason to limit people anyway. Other games have appearance slot freedoms, zero consequences in any aspect of those games.

Does want.
    This! Other games also turn off your wardrobe in pvp areas so that your actual gear shows. Then once you leave the pvp area? Poof! You are back to wearing whatever the heck you want, however you wanted to dye it (cuz it all dyes), and whatever class type stuff you can equip (as long as you were the lvl for it, that being the only limitation there SHOULD be). Otherwise? I think the wardrobe system in this game is overpriced for what we are limited to, most of the event cosmetics aren't dyeable (bleh why bother, mister abyssal mask thing? BOO!), and shouldn't be limited to class specific equipment.

No need for limits on something -cosmetic-, at all. So I hope they address this, some time in the future.

+ Reply to Thread