+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cerenity

Thread: Tab Target/Click Target

Soulwalker

Post Tab Target/Click Target

Hi Trion,
    I would like to bring to your attention an issue that multiple players I have spoken with and quite a few players on the forums are experiencing and that is targeting in Rift. I am currently one of the main tanks in our guild and at the moment are currently progressing in hammerknell I could from a long history of mmo games so please trust that I know what I am talking about.
    At the moment the targeting in Rift especially in raids is abysmal current fights are made much more difficult (or in other words just plain annoying) by the fact that once a group of adds gets together it becomes practically impossible to target an individual. This becomes really problematic when you have to interupt one mob in a pack or grab aggro on a add that spawns inside a bosses massive hitbox (hello herald).
    Could I please suggest that you make the nameplates of mobs targetable and prevent them from overlapping so that it is possible to click target and also improve the tab target functionality to cycle targets within a close proximity. Currently tab can very often target mobs out of range and jump between the same two mobs constantly whilst you have mobs hitting you in the face that it refuses to target. I have also been forced to use target macros on this that should not warrant it however they also suffer from the same bug as not prioritising close targets.

Trion please look into this issue as at the moment it really detracts from the fun of tanking and can hinder progress through such a simple issue.

Cerenity
    Warrior Tank
    Taedium - Riptalon

Soulwalker

Bumperty Bump

Telaran

bumpity bump bump bump

/signed
    The tab targeting could be better.

Soulwalker

Bump bumpErty

Soulwalker