+ Reply to Thread

Thread: That AWESOME keep in Stillmoor!

Rift Disciple

Default That AWESOME keep in Stillmoor!

Do you guys know which keep I'm talking about? if you don't then it's just the one up north, Caer Thalos. It is truly an awesome looking castle!

Anyway here's the point to this thread.

Change that keep so that it can be controlled. (old idea, please read on)

new PVP ability -- Rift control (you can call it what you want)

here's what it would do.

It would act as outposts for world pvp. when you start a rift, you would get to the final boss stage, use a planar charge (or something) and send an invasion straight to the opposing factions hold of the keep. Along with using this ability, you would get some favor, and a better chance of taking over a keep.

So, here's what we be great.

1) a PVP zone (why not)

2) rifts are used, and are all over the zone. (you could send any type of rift you like, life, death, etc...)

3) a third "faction" can be utilized to help server imbalances.

4) If you are playing solo, you can still be very effective.

Hey Pver's! I'm lookin out for ya buddies!

On a Pve server, it would be much different, yet have some of the same bits.

1) so instead of it being controlled be defiant or guardian, it would be under control of a faction called "Order" It would be a temporary alliance that would be gained from taking this keep.

2) You receive favor from defending the keep agaisnt increasingly difficult planar invasions. wave after wave, they want to get you out of there! I think the best way to be is to ultimately fail, sending incredibly hard mobs, who eventually take the keep over again.

3) after a while, the mobs dissipate, giving you a chance to take the keep over again, for more favor, and good stuff.

Hey crafters!

1) you are now very important.

2) So, Similar to how you would use rifts to help attack keeps, you could use your skills to help defend. What would happen is once you take a keep over, quest givers would pop up, and give you a crafting quest.

3) once you finish this quest, you will gain a NPC force (similar to defiant's flare, don't know what it is for guardians) for a period of time.

Some ideas for difference between each crafters:

1) Outfitters, weapon smiths, and armor smiths, can make walls stronger, and mend them as well. Rune-crafters can augment wall strength as well.

2) Apothecaries, you can use your potions to make all kinds of chemical traps, big cauldrons of death for you to attack enemies with. For example, if you see a door is about to go down, you could place a few nasty traps to get some of those first wavers.

What ya guys think?

If you like it, keep it bookmarked, bump it some more. Also, please give you input on what you think would be better! Keep this thread around a while!

Your first idea is to give favor for PvEing. I have to say that sounds like a terrible idea.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    Your first idea is to give favor for PvEing. I have to say that sounds like a terrible idea.
    well thats no deal breaker in my opinion. Doesn't have to be favor.

Are you talking for the PVE servers? or the PVP ones?

If you are talking PVP servers, and you are doing the "planar control" bit, you could just get planarite.. The goal though is to still help you, by making an ally
    Last edited by sandpaper3; 08-01-2011 at 01:14 PM.

Rift Disciple

bump

10char

+ Reply to Thread