+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The dev team

Soulwalker

Thumbs down The dev team

After playing this game since feb. Ive noticed that The dev team has some really good ideas but they fail hard when they try and impliment them. The major world events and the "epic" story line really highlight this. The lore is equally bad. I dont expect Tolken grade quality writing but i would stop using the 4th grader who seem to be writing it now. My 8 year old daughter comes up with better stories. I understand the need to be original. What Rift has is original, but its complete garbage. It doesnt add to the game. It just raises lots of questions. Im left not caring about the story or characters at all. The lore and concepts behind some of the class souls is the same. Take saboture for instance. You thow bombs and set traps, got it. Now how can a sabo be melee as well? People who thow bombs 2 inches from their face and detonate them are darwin award winners anywhere else or are called sucide bombers searching for their virgins in the after life. Which moron thought of that? If youre going to have saboture as a soul fine at least put a min range restriction so it makes sense. Take warriors. You may want to go back and see which souls are being used. They have 2 options tank or melee dps. In a game where a lot of the raid bosses and expert bosses have to be ranged you make your highest dps class melee? Yes you can melee most bosses but its really not viable. Step up to lord greenscale and watch all the warriors take a dirt nap due to lag or bad camra angles. When he takes flight every other class can hit him except warriors. They may as well do a /rofl to piss him off further so he stays in the air. Its actually one of the good bug that hasnt been fixed. I could go on but im wasting my time here. All thats going to become of this thread is a lot of QQ and Rift groupie sheep who are content to play a bad game. Heaven forbid i bring a little logic to a fantisy world. IF you are happy playing Rift please continue, im not trying to sway you either way. For me however im using it as a staging ground for another mmo. I dont plan on going to star wars, but a lot of people are talking about it. I most likely will be going to Guild Wars 2. Which again isnt going to be for everyone because of the combat system. If you like Rift stay, at least the community was pretty good.

Enter key!

I can't find the suggestion in this wall of text.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavrus View Post
    After playing this game since feb. Ive noticed that The dev team has some really good ideas but they fail hard when they try and impliment them. The major world events and the "epic" story line really highlight this. The lore is equally bad. I dont expect Tolken grade quality writing but i would stop using the 4th grader who seem to be writing it now. My 8 year old daughter comes up with better stories. I understand the need to be original. What Rift has is original, but its complete garbage. It doesnt add to the game. It just raises lots of questions. Im left not caring about the story or characters at all. The lore and concepts behind some of the class souls is the same. Take saboture for instance. You thow bombs and set traps, got it. Now how can a sabo be melee as well? People who thow bombs 2 inches from their face and detonate them are darwin award winners anywhere else or are called sucide bombers searching for their virgins in the after life. Which moron thought of that? If youre going to have saboture as a soul fine at least put a min range restriction so it makes sense. Take warriors. You may want to go back and see which souls are being used. They have 2 options tank or melee dps. In a game where a lot of the raid bosses and expert bosses have to be ranged you make your highest dps class melee? Yes you can melee most bosses but its really not viable. Step up to lord greenscale and watch all the warriors take a dirt nap due to lag or bad camra angles. When he takes flight every other class can hit him except warriors. They may as well do a /rofl to piss him off further so he stays in the air. Its actually one of the good bug that hasnt been fixed. I could go on but im wasting my time here. All thats going to become of this thread is a lot of QQ and Rift groupie sheep who are content to play a bad game. Heaven forbid i bring a little logic to a fantisy world. IF you are happy playing Rift please continue, im not trying to sway you either way. For me however im using it as a staging ground for another mmo. I dont plan on going to star wars, but a lot of people are talking about it. I most likely will be going to Guild Wars 2. Which again isnt going to be for everyone because of the combat system. If you like Rift stay, at least the community was pretty good.
    this really makes me lol. for one we push for melee dps on greenscale because everyone knows where to run. second.. ranged warriors? lol. I'm still kinda weirded out by rogue hunters, having been a 6 year wow rogue vet. third, i fail to see how this post is even about the dev team. seems your melee are dying from downs disease and someone needs a lesson on radiing. but with the story line lashing i mean... so you dont like the story, dont pay that much attention and play the game. i understand people want to play a game with a good story and Rift is very original, though i dont pay attention to any of the line, the game is fun. please dont push for ranged warriors though. Big mistake imo.

+ Reply to Thread