+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Please make buffs persist through death.

  1. #1
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default Please make buffs persist through death.

    Especially buffs from scrolls, and serums, and such. Buffs really need to persist through death. As it stands, consumables are almost worthless. You can change this simply by making them persist. More people will want to be apothecary for scrolls and such, more people will buy the scrolls if they can't make them, and more people will be making use of an otherwise neglected game mechanic.

    It's also really annoying having to rebuff like 12 buffs on my shaman before I can re-enter the battle.

    So one more time, make buffs persist through death.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Dear Trion, the silence means everyone agrees. *nod nod*
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    44

    Default

    i totally agree with certain class buffs like the shammy and justicar ones and idk about other classes but im sure they do have some aswell.

    however potions serums and scrolls.... no there are several VIALS that persist through death. but a defense serum (405 armor) and an endurance serum (30 or 35 end) one that lasts 30 mins (No persist through death) is better in some cases than 40str/dex or 455 armor or 40end that last an hour thru death. the serums should not persist through death nor scrolls.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orden View Post
    i totally agree with certain class buffs like the shammy and justicar ones and idk about other classes but im sure they do have some aswell.

    however potions serums and scrolls.... no there are several VIALS that persist through death. but a defense serum (405 armor) and an endurance serum (30 or 35 end) one that lasts 30 mins (No persist through death) is better in some cases than 40str/dex or 455 armor or 40end that last an hour thru death. the serums should not persist through death nor scrolls.
    Was just hoping you could expand on that and explain why you feel scrolls shouldn't persist through death? As they are right now, no one bothers with them for PvP, because in WF's you expect to die quite a bit, and it would be nice if 1 hour meant 1 hour and not 45 seconds.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Hotter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    Was just hoping you could expand on that and explain why you feel scrolls shouldn't persist through death? As they are right now, no one bothers with them for PvP, because in WF's you expect to die quite a bit, and it would be nice if 1 hour meant 1 hour and not 45 seconds.
    This is not going to work out in your favor. If buffs persist through death, everyone will be buffed in wf.

    I think it's fine the way it works now. Try not to die so much

  6. #6
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hotter View Post
    This is not going to work out in your favor. If buffs persist through death, everyone will be buffed in wf.
    What would be wrong with that? Oh sorry I forgot to consider spawn camping premades who want easy favor farms.

    I think it's fine the way it works now. Try not to die so much
    How is it fine? All I'm asking is you assert your oppinion at least with a reason.
    Last edited by Sinndel; 08-01-2011 at 02:47 PM.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Hotter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,089

    Default

    Perhaps the answer is best found in your sig.

  8. #8
    Shadowlander Shaddaim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Nah, when you die your slate should be clean. Maybe some raid specific pots but beyond that I'm not for it.
    If you power level through the game in a month, you deserve to be bored. Slow down, enjoy all the story, and learn the game's wonderful lore. You'll be in for a much better experience.

  9. #9
    Shield of Telara KnirpsLyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaddaim View Post
    Nah, when you die your slate should be clean. Maybe some raid specific pots but beyond that I'm not for it.
    This.

    Buffs are buffs for a reason. If you want to be buff, buff with your buffs.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaddaim View Post
    Nah, when you die your slate should be clean. Maybe some raid specific pots but beyond that I'm not for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by KnirpsLyn View Post
    This.

    Buffs are buffs for a reason. If you want to be buff, buff with your buffs.
    But why. You're all eager to disagree yet not one person had mentioned why they feel that way. What is the benefeit of having to buff 13 buffs every time you res, and losing all your consumables?
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts