+ Reply to Thread

Thread: character customization through crafting

Telaran

Default character customization through crafting

Say, what if we were able to adjust our characters' appearances by the use of one-shot crafted items? Apothecaries could make hair dye, lipstick, and tattoo ink, for example. Runecrafters could make taller/shorter and gender/race switch runes, armor/weaponcrafters could make instant face lift machines, and artificers could make wigs! I can't think of anything for Outfitters beyond New Skin, and that's kind of creepy.

It would expand crafting in a fun way and give us a unique way of changing up our characters' appearance.

Shadowlander

Most games now have some kind of npc in town you can go to that lets you redo your facial appearance. I am suprised they didnt add any to this game. It still seems like the games in infant stages though so in the future you might see more options.

Soulwalker

I really hope they implement some type of appearance change mechanism is the game. I hide my helm and I get tired of the same appearance all the time. I'll admit when playing WoW I used to spend the g and change my appearance every couple of months.

Default +1

/signed - i like your idea, hope something of the sort gets implemented.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Banewrath Sunblade View Post
    Most games now have some kind of npc in town you can go to that lets you redo your facial appearance. I am suprised they didnt add any to this game. It still seems like the games in infant stages though so in the future you might see more options.
    yeah, i had hoped that there would be something like that, too, but figured it would be neat if it were done in a new way, rather than repeating the methods of others. seems like putting it into crafting is something that hasn't been done before, and that might make it both more fun and more likely to happen.

Shadowlander

This is a pretty creative idea, not gonna lie, but I'd prefer an NPC or NPCs (or something like a barber chair in WoW). Barber for hair, surgeon for facial features, tattooist for face tattoos, etc.

+ Reply to Thread