+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rare mounts from events NEED to be Bind On Account

Exclamation Rare mounts from events NEED to be Bind On Account

Im not sure what the logic is in some items being bind on account while others are not. The mounts in particular really need to be bind on account especially if theyre going to make a level restriction on this item.

Ive seen numerous threads where someone has received an event mount on one of their characters of which they may not even be interested in levelling while their main character (or character they wish to have the mount on) farms for hours/days and never receives it

unfortunately, it just happened to me. Its bitter sweet to have attempted to farm this mount for over a week, several hours a day parking your alt throughout the entire event to play your alt less than an hour and receive it during an invasion. Yes, im happy to see it.. unfortunately on this character its going to be a very long time before I get to use it.
    Last edited by VooDoo_Papa; 07-31-2011 at 11:50 AM.

i second this. itd feel like a real waste if you happened to find 2 of these rare mounts on one character and had to delete one.

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VooDoo_Papa View Post
    Ive seen numerous threads where someone has received an event mount on one of their characters of which they may not even be interested in levelling while their main character (or character they wish to have the mount on) farms for hours/days and never receives it
    I got the swift River of Souls horse (whatever it's called) on my lowest level character and would be thrilled if it were made bound to account instead. On the other hand, I don't really support this. The mounts are, well, supposed to be rare. Plus, how is Trion going to sell you a sparkle pony later if you already have super-cool mounts for all of your characters.

both of these mounts will exist forever in the game

the spectral warhorse is from Conqueror: River of Souls

and i believe murdantix is from Conqueror: Hammerknell

anyone please correct me if im wrong, as i dont personally have either of these achievements, but even if you dont see yourself getting them now, there will probably be a time when these things can be 5 manned (except for some mechanics), when we're all lvl 70 or something lol

Quote Originally Posted by xanduin246 View Post
    both of these mounts will exist forever in the game

the spectral warhorse is from Conqueror: River of Souls

and i believe murdantix is from Conqueror: Hammerknell

anyone please correct me if im wrong, as i dont personally have either of these achievements, but even if you dont see yourself getting them now, there will probably be a time when these things can be 5 manned (except for some mechanics), when we're all lvl 70 or something lol
    not familiar with those achievements. So thats a reward for just completing the raid?

Telaran

Agreed. The mounts are sufficiently rare that I don't think it damages their uniqueness to let a person give it to their favorite character rather than one they just don't want to play as much.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by VooDoo_Papa View Post
    not familiar with those achievements. So thats a reward for just completing the raid?
    It's the reward for completing all achievements in the raid.

It's a slightly different version for conqueror of HK. But the normal version will be available from the Chronicles content also. It's still going to be available so is another incentive for people who were not lucky in the event to do the new content. I think I would rather have it that way than be able to effectively remove rewards and incentive from character A because character B already got it. It's almost like removing viable content /shrug.

So long as it's only usable once I don't mind it being BoA (as in, you can send the mount item between chars but once you use it it's bound to that char). Hell, I'd prefer it to be BoE so that you could get some extra plat should you get a spare one or two ;)
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Quote Originally Posted by Silverangel69 View Post
    I got the swift River of Souls horse (whatever it's called) on my lowest level character and would be thrilled if it were made bound to account instead. On the other hand, I don't really support this. The mounts are, well, supposed to be rare. Plus, how is Trion going to sell you a sparkle pony later if you already have super-cool mounts for all of your characters.
    That's not really a valid arguement.

One mount on your account is still only one mount on your account, and it does not matter who on your account finally 'collects' and uses it, because you will still only be able to use one mount, at one time, per account.

If they were BoE, I could see the problem. But BoP and BoA are the same thing (with mounts and pets because of the 'collect' function), except a little choice with BoA before permanantly collecting it to a character.

+ Reply to Thread