+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A button to descend in water.

Soulwalker

Default A button to descend in water.

I just started playing rift actually and noticed there's not really a button to go down in water. A lot of games just use "X". It's kind of annoying to me because i move with just my keyboard but when i get into water i have to start using my laptop touch-pad thingy. If there's a way to implement this I would love it.

I apologize in advance if there's already a way to do this I just couldn't find a place to put it on the keybinds menu.

Ascendant

/signed
    I'm a keyboard turner too. I have a mouse though. Can't imagin what it would be like for a laptop touch pad. Ouch.

X would work, or S. Space already works to ascend in water, so makes sense that they could have something else to make you decend.

Soulwalker

Unfortunately, they already made it so the moment you hit the water you are swimming down. Getting my character adjusted is an annoyance. Barely enough water to swim in, but my character is digging into the sand bars to go down. All for the camera angle? I'd rather have the camera "vision" from before the "fix," but I too would like to control my descent into the depths without the "help" for the camera.

Soulwalker

It's just really annoying to have to switch to using my touchpad. Seriously, if there's anything you can do to make this happen do it.

Shadowlander

I use my dad's laptop since my computer (from 2000) can't even run MINECRAFT. It's a horrible to try to descend in water on a laptop even if it is a small detail

Quote Originally Posted by Callalily View Post
    Unfortunately, they already made it so the moment you hit the water you are swimming down. Getting my character adjusted is an annoyance. Barely enough water to swim in, but my character is digging into the sand bars to go down. All for the camera angle? I'd rather have the camera "vision" from before the "fix," but I too would like to control my descent into the depths without the "help" for the camera.
    You can put it back to the way it was before. If you go into interface and then camera there is a tickbox for water collision.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Shontae View Post
    I just started playing rift actually and noticed there's not really a button to go down in water. A lot of games just use "X". It's kind of annoying to me because i move with just my keyboard but when i get into water i have to start using my laptop touch-pad thingy. If there's a way to implement this I would love it.

I apologize in advance if there's already a way to do this I just couldn't find a place to put it on the keybinds menu.
    Second the motion, in a heartbeat. Swimming is prolly the worst way of moving in the game. Difficult for some of us, at least, and in combat or in dark cave thingies it's near impossible to control char (I'm thinking of the cave in that millpond in Gloamwood.)

+ Reply to Thread