+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Crafting Storage

Shadowlander

Default Crafting Storage

I dont know if this has been brought up before but I`ll throw this out. As a new player and someone who likes tradeskilling I find the space I have to work with and the amount of all the materials I find just dont work. In guild wars they had a separate chest just to hold all your crafting mats. Each item had a stack slot of 250 that could be used and was extremely helpful in keeping everything sorted and easy to keep track of. I`d like to see something like this implemented into rift to help clear up some bank space and organize the mats. This wouldn`t be so bad if the bank allowed you to place bags with items in them into the bank itself like everquest 1 and 2 did.

I STILL don't see where the inventory management problem is. I decided to play absolutely weird on this new alt. I decided that I will NOT visit a merchant until my bags are absolutely full, and will keep on collecting mats (as a three gathering profession character) until my bags are absolutely filled in every slot with AHable mats, or things I'll put in the bank.

I've gone to the vendor ONCE and I'm level 25 now.

I still don't think I'll ever fill up all 10 (is it 10?) of my 22 slot bank bags. ...unless I start collecting planar consumables.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by KnirpsLyn View Post
    I STILL don't see where the inventory management problem is. I decided to play absolutely weird on this new alt. I decided that I will NOT visit a merchant until my bags are absolutely full, and will keep on collecting mats (as a three gathering profession character) until my bags are absolutely filled in every slot with AHable mats, or things I'll put in the bank.
    I've gone to the vendor ONCE and I'm level 25 now.
    I still don't think I'll ever fill up all 10 (is it 10?) of my 22 slot bank bags. ...unless I start collecting planar consumables.
    In other words, though you may be doing some pve to level up this gatherer alt, you are destroying any loot item not "sellable" on the AH or usable gear for yourself, and you make daily runs to the AH and/or your bank with gathered mats or the next level dagger, and have a "main" money supplier who also supplied you with spellspun or witchweave bags?

Get a stack, sell AH, get a stack, sell AH... Great for an alt, not so great for someone saving gear, crafting, and actually doing things other than just gathering and making a trip to the AH every couple of hours. Your gatherer alt is just and only that, and is not grinding for gear, crafting, etc. To each his own. I imagine you're making plenty of plat to be able to buy whatever gear you need as you go for any other character you have. You don't hit a regular merchant, but you hit the big market with the AH. You're also akin to the guy I put on ignore every time I hit the main city.

Shadowlander

Well, as a new player I am finding it difficult to manage inventory space. Cloth, ores, gems and all take up alot of space. There are so many different crating mats that one would actually have to make an alt just to store them. But in reality that is a ******ed solution. A separate inventory space for crafting mats only makes sense. Making an alt to store the stuff then paying the coin to mail it back and fourth when its needed isn`t really practical. The crafting storage system that guild wars uses is top notch and what every game that came after it should use. This might not be a huge issue for someone who doesn`t collect mats so it really does not pertain to anyone but the crafters. I myself like to save my mats because I never know when I might need any of them for something I am making.

It`s not that hard to implement or they could just increase the stack size of the crafting mats so they dont take up as much space.

they dont take up much space. its all about knowing what to keep and what to trash. even leveiing on my main as gatherer/artificer/runecrafter i had no trouble holding mats and keeping my inventory clear. with how much cheaper bags are now you should have no trouble having decent sized bags, and the first 2 bag slots are cheap. overall this seems like a waste of dev time.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

Plane Walker

I agree with OP.

In 1.4, quest items are being moved into a quest item bag. I think the same should happen for crafting materials. It should be a special bag, that gets accessed via the crafting screen, it's got ample storage and filters/groups the items based on the profession you have selected.

I ignored crafting for most of the game and just took it up at lvl 47 (i normally just log in and do instances). I've found that my bags are often full (and my bank) with gear, quest items and crafting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Callalily View Post
    In other words, though you may be doing some pve to level up this gatherer alt, you are destroying any loot item not "sellable" on the AH or usable gear for yourself, and you make daily runs to the AH and/or your bank with gathered mats or the next level dagger, and have a "main" money supplier who also supplied you with spellspun or witchweave bags?

Get a stack, sell AH, get a stack, sell AH... Great for an alt, not so great for someone saving gear, crafting, and actually doing things other than just gathering and making a trip to the AH every couple of hours. Your gatherer alt is just and only that, and is not grinding for gear, crafting, etc. To each his own. I imagine you're making plenty of plat to be able to buy whatever gear you need as you go for any other character you have. You don't hit a regular merchant, but you hit the big market with the AH. You're also akin to the guy I put on ignore every time I hit the main city.
    In other words, you didn't read anything I said.

I do NOT destroy anything, I keep all trash, BoEs to give to my Runebreaker, and all mats and greys I find.

I've been to a merchant/bank ONCE in 25 levels. I am hoping to go another 10 levels before the next trip. I loot everything, including artifacts and planar consumables, though I try to use those. It's just a small experiment to really strain inventory management as much as possible. I also have two sets of weapons on me...but that's all leveling tank/DPS needs. I actually didn't AH any of my mats, because I'm contemplating hoarding all of them in my bank, and then picking up three actual crafting professions at 50, so far one bag in my bank is full. I did however give anything runebreakable to my runecrafter.

Really, your reply means you absolutely did not read anything I said.

I think the roughest time will be around Scarlet Gorge because they really pile on the quest items. lol

I do NOT destroy anything, I keep all trash, BoEs to give to my Runebreaker, and all mats and greys I find.

I've been to a merchant/bank ONCE in 25 levels. I am hoping to go another 10 levels before the next trip. I loot everything, including artifacts and planar consumables, though I try to use those. It's just a small experiment to really strain inventory management as much as possible. I also have two sets of weapons on me...but that's all leveling tank/DPS needs. I actually didn't AH any of my mats, because I'm contemplating hoarding all of them in my bank, and then picking up three actual crafting professions at 50, so far one bag in my bank is full. I did however give anything runebreakable to my runecrafter.

I think the roughest time will be around Scarlet Gorge because they really pile on the quest items. lol
    What size are your bags? Are they all 22 slots? I am relatively new to this game, and I am sending mats back and forth to alts frequently, and bag space is always a problem.
    Nerf Optimus Prime, I once saw him solo 10 Decepticons...he is completely OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Banewrath Sunblade View Post
    I dont know if this has been brought up before but I`ll throw this out. As a new player and someone who likes tradeskilling I find the space I have to work with and the amount of all the materials I find just dont work. In guild wars they had a separate chest just to hold all your crafting mats. Each item had a stack slot of 250 that could be used and was extremely helpful in keeping everything sorted and easy to keep track of. I`d like to see something like this implemented into rift to help clear up some bank space and organize the mats. This wouldn`t be so bad if the bank allowed you to place bags with items in them into the bank itself like everquest 1 and 2 did.
    I totally agree with this.
    Nerf Optimus Prime, I once saw him solo 10 Decepticons...he is completely OP.

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeisOP View Post
    What size are your bags? Are they all 22 slots? I am relatively new to this game, and I am sending mats back and forth to alts frequently, and bag space is always a problem.
    I've got the CE big starter bag, and then uh... Spellspun bags? I think. The ones with the red bag and gold trim icons. I chose those because they seem like something the average player would easily get, 15 plat 22 slotters did not. But those were 50g on the AH, and every character I've made has had 4 or 5 plat by 16, so it seemed more realistic for arguement's sake.

My BANK has a bunch of 22 slotters, because I thought I'd need them...gonna stockpile the crap outta everything. So far, I have filled ONE in my bank, which could have easily just gone into my actual default bank space.
    Last edited by KnirpsLyn; 08-01-2011 at 09:33 AM.

Plane Walker

people having to clean out banks and dump items on AH is somthing that helps keeping Ah prices low

Ascendant

Maybe you should be crafting more often, rather than hoarding mats?

I leveled as runecrafter/outfitter/butcher, and only occasionally ran out of space to the point where I needed to go back to a quest hub just to sell trash and craft items.

Bank slots are one of the few things that actually require plat in this game, and bags are one of the few crafted items that reliably sell. With the new quest item bag and your proposed craft item bag, why would people need bank slots and larger bags?
    The Roguepocalypse is upon us!

Rift Disciple

I don't believe you. I have 3 alts with 4-22 slot bags. I have to find vendors at almost every quest hub. You are either lying or you are skipping lots of loot.
    Last edited by Prokofiova; 08-02-2011 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokofiova View Post
    I don't believe you. I have 3 alts with 4-22 slot bags. I have to find vendors at almost every quest hub. You are either lying or you are skipping lots of loot.
    Sorry?

I logged into my Mage yesterday, and went from 24 to 28 from one quest hub to another and didn't visit a vendor, and logged in with two 12 slotters full, and two twelve slotters and my first bag left, with an instance run, 7 artifacts I can't use, and three rifts in between. Outfitter, butcher, forager... Granted, I only have two slots left, but I'm carrying around a bunch of crap for my outfitter dailys and runes for all my gear...and that net and bag for the ocean friends daily...and an abyssal rune...and...some other random crap. lol

I just do not know what to tell you, the only inventory problems I run into are in Terminus specifically because I have to drop all that starting gear. You move between several enemy types, gaining one grey from each, and it ruins flow. But, when you're in Stonefield, killing the same rock dudes and snake dudes for about 20 quests...it all just stacks together. Or trolls and birds. Or, next, I'll kill titans and more rock dudes.

Maybe I should create a video diary and you can watch me not have bag space issues. lol

Shadowlander

Sorry?

I logged into my Mage yesterday, and went from 24 to 28 from one quest hub to another and didn't visit a vendor, and logged in with two 12 slotters full, and two twelve slotters and my first bag left, with an instance run, 7 artifacts I can't use, and three rifts in between. Outfitter, butcher, forager... Granted, I only have two slots left, but I'm carrying around a bunch of crap for my outfitter dailys and runes for all my gear...and that net and bag for the ocean friends daily...and an abyssal rune...and...some other random crap. lol

I just do not know what to tell you, the only inventory problems I run into are in Terminus specifically because I have to drop all that starting gear. You move between several enemy types, gaining one grey from each, and it ruins flow. But, when you're in Stonefield, killing the same rock dudes and snake dudes for about 20 quests...it all just stacks together. Or trolls and birds. Or, next, I'll kill titans and more rock dudes.

Maybe I should create a video diary and you can watch me not have bag space issues. lol

I am finding it hard to believe the instead of supporting an option that would benefit EVERYONE, you would rather argue about how you have no space problems so it isnt needed for anyone else. Everyone plays different and saves different things from the next guy. I`ll bet if they found a cure for cancer you would probably argue about people not being permitted to use it because YOU yourself don`t have it. Get what I`m saying?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast