+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beastmaster - Need Healing

Default Beastmaster - Need Healing

Beastmaster need some abillities to heal allies, so he actually is usefull in groups. At the moment no one want to play him.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=92262&dateline=134088  9999

Rift Chaser

Could you be more specific? I've been thinking about starting one.

I assume from your description that the Beastmaster's intended use isn't being filled? If I remember correctly it's a melee based warrior class. This to me means either Tank or DPS.

If we say Beastmaster can't fulfill it's role, then why would making it a healer, even a hybrid healer, make any sense? Seems it's main role should simply be adjusted some to be more effective, assuming it's currently not effective.
    Last edited by Weathersky; 07-31-2011 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Weathersky View Post
    Could you be more specific? I've been thinking about starting one.

I assume from your description that the Beastmaster's intended use isn't being filled? If I remember correctly it's a melee based warrior class. This to me means either Tank or DPS.

If we say Beastmaster can't fulfill it's role, then why would making it a healer, even a hybrid healer, make any sense? Seems it's main role should simply be adjusted some to be more effective, assuming it's currently not effective.
    Beastmaster is a crazy solo/bleed melee DPS thing. He can heal his pet, make his pet tank-capable, buff his party with an array of small auras, and most of his attacks are to make the target bleed, and make his pet hit the target more. The more the Beastmaster hits the mob, the harder the pet does, and the harder the pet does, the more reaction abilities the Beastmaster gets.

ANYWAY... The reason it is probably not seen much in groups is because for one, Beastmasters are Warriors, and Warriors are underplayed it seems...and people don't like to split their DPS with a pet or give a lot of talent points 'away' to a pet when they could simply swap specs and give themselves damage...or perhaps it is seen as more of a solo build, or PvP build.

Also, I agree that giving them a heal in no way makes sense.
    Last edited by KnirpsLyn; 07-31-2011 at 08:19 AM.

+ Reply to Thread