+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Snapshot

Thread: Authenticator without a cell

Default Authenticator without a cell

Authenticator you know those little things you could buy from blizzard for like 8 bucks.

They were great never got hacked after I got one. Yea I am old fart....I don't have a da** cell phone and I am not getting one just to play Rifts.

I have just started and am loving it. but please can we look into this?

Thanks.

I would love this, and even if I did have a phone that could act as an authenticator, I'd much rather have a proper authenticator instead.

even SWTOR will have it...

it's useful and cheap, and I don't have any androids nor iPhone so I want something similar.

Soulwalker

/bump

I asked Trion around launch if they were looking at other authentication hardware (Like the one Blizzard uses)..

It's been hmm... almost 6 months and nothing more out of Trion as to supporting other phones (Blackberry? etc..) rather than the most 'popular' ones at the moment or even a authenticator dongle..
    (Like Blizzards)..

Unfortunately they're rather short sighted in this respect and think everyone can afford an Android or iOS phone....

An authenticator dongle would be an excellent next step for authentication.. relatively cheap (compared to a phone)...

Regards
    Lima
    Last edited by Lima; 08-06-2011 at 04:36 AM.

They're working on sorting things out with a manufacturer. The reason the Mobile Authenticator came out so much earlier is because it has no physical resources or shipment details that need to be hammered out.

But you're right, I can't wait for the physical incarnation of an Authenticator. I'll be getting one for my little sister's account as soon as it's available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

+ Reply to Thread