+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Allow us to remove planar essence from our focus!

Ascendant

Default Allow us to remove planar essence from our focus!

This is not that big of a problem YET, even tho it would be usefull.. But it'll become a problem very soon.
    Every update brings new planar essences, for both PVP and PVE.
    Right now, there's 3 PVP planar essences ( unless I missed some? ), so if you want to get the best PVP focus, you have to put 3 PVP essences and 3 PVE essences in there.

When some other big update come, and you add a great essence ( either a PVP one, or a PVE one that's better than the 3 he used, well, he has to replace all essences, if he still wants to have the best gear.
    Considering the 3 PVP essences cost 65k favors, and the 3 pve essences... Ok I have no idea what PVE essences costs, but I assume it's kind of a grind too?... You have to grind that stuff everytime a better essence will be implemented in the game. It'll get old very fast.

Maybe something like, a recipe ( apothecary or artificer I guess? ) that creates an item used to remove an essence of your choice. Just an idea, but, basically, anything so we don't have to buy 6 new essences ( and 1 new focus ) everytime we find/buy/grind a better one.

i thought you could just overwrite them with a new essence?
    Last edited by TheDrizzle404; 07-31-2011 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle404 View Post
    Yep, you can...

I dont want to remove them. Just let us move them from slot to slot. So that I dont have to overright something awesome with a awesome greater i just bought.
    <The Endless Court>
    Ovee - r4 Cleric | Skigoboom - r6 Warrior
    ^5/5 GSB - 4/4 ROS - 4/4 GP - 4/4 DH - 5/11 HK^

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle404 View Post
    Can you?
    Damn.
    /feel stupid

Could swear I tried that at some point as a lowbie and it didn't work.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Eaderbreca's Avatar

Yes you can overwrite
    Elsabeth - Clarisse - Claire
    Seastone Defiants
    IGN's Rift Kingdom Manager http://rift.ign.com/

this is why there is a search ability. just so the op knows, you can stick a lesser in a greater slot too!
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

However, I would love the ability to remove the unique essences so as to not lose them. There are a few that are quest rewards that can NEVER be gotten again. I should not have to lose them permanently.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    However, I would love the ability to remove the unique essences so as to not lose them. There are a few that are quest rewards that can NEVER be gotten again. I should not have to lose them permanently.
    This, definitely. I hate the thought of giving up some of those rare essences I've managed to grab. Even if just the rare and/or event essences are able to be removed.

I'd also like to be able to move essences in and out of slots so I don't have to have multiple focus items to have slotted with just the right essences for each character role for switching between pve and pvp. Yes, I can see an advantage to having that 2 greater, 4 lesser focus with my collection of essences to build and play with.

They will tell us we have nothing else to spend our planerite on, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Callalily View Post
    This, definitely. I hate the thought of giving up some of those rare essences I've managed to grab. Even if just the rare and/or event essences are able to be removed.

I'd also like to be able to move essences in and out of slots so I don't have to have multiple focus items to have slotted with just the right essences for each character role for switching between pve and pvp. Yes, I can see an advantage to having that 2 greater, 4 lesser focus with my collection of essences to build and play with.

They will tell us we have nothing else to spend our planerite on, though...
    True, but planarite has nothing to do with the irreplaceable essences.

as i have stated in the other threads brought up about this, no. the only essence thats "special" is the guardian only necrotic semblence, and while it itself is bis for all classes, its not bis enough to worry about it. doing the raid rift daily everyday will net you a full sigil of lessers every 18days, at maximum. often less. doing the expert daily rift every day will net you 2.5k planarite. there is no reason not to have a sigil of the 5 for every role you wish to fill. standard pug rules on my server, and many others if you listen to transfers, is an automatic reserve for whoever pops the lure. get notoriety, buy lures, fill out your bis sigils, and stop whining about something that is so easy to replace.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

youre warned before you use an essence that it cant be removed by any means short of destroying it. i like that theyre consumable like bop gear, as it puts the burden of choice on our shoulders.

+ Reply to Thread