+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Synergy Crystals - Make them role based not soul based!

Default Synergy Crystals - Make them role based not soul based!

Synergy Crystals really need to be role based not soul based. For example, for cleric crystals you would have a crystal that enhances your dps, one for tanking, and one for healing.

This would ensure that you arent pigeon holed in to one soul based on the synergy crystal you purchased. Say Trion makes a change to a soul and I want to respec. If I've already purchased the Shaman crystal im screwed until my guild allows me to snag another one.

If we had role based crystals it would solve all of the problems for all of the classes and complaints I see on all of the boards. For example...

The 2 piece healing cleric crystal could be "Casting a heal grats a chance for your spellpower to increase by 50 for 10 seconds."
    The 4 piece healing cleric crystal could be "Increase the effectiveness of your heals by 5%".

The dps crystal could be something along the lines of:

2 piece: "Damaging abilities give a chance to increase your spellpower by 50 for 10 seconds"
    4 piece: "Increase the damage on all abilities by 5%"

There would then be one for tanking as well.

The other class crystals would look very similar to these. This would make it very easy for Trion to balance the crystals and no one would have to worry about purchasing one for a soul they dont use down the road.
    Last edited by Saico; 07-30-2011 at 10:53 PM.

hello mr healing/dps cleric. while i understand that clerics seem to have gotten shafted on their crystals there is no reason to drag the rest of us down with you. while im not a part of trion i can only assume that in all of the meetings that went into the production of these that this idea has already been considered, and rejected. the first problem i see is how incredibly boring your idea is. it brings no excitement at all. 2nd how would you "balance" support crystals, and in what capacity. also, in your quest for balance did you think that the crystals themselves dont need to be balanced, because the callings they are tied to are not. this is one of the smarter things i think trion has done because it gives them yet another dial to turn in the quest for balance. especially as different calling scale with different stats. i personally havent read up on how they are obtained but i would assume that as a guild you would get muitiple per week since they add a rather significant bonus, and everyone in the raid is going to want more than 1. with that in mind i would assume there will come a time in the coming weeks that a point will be reached that its no longer even really desired.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

Quote Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
    hello mr healing/dps cleric. while i understand that clerics seem to have gotten shafted on their crystals there is no reason to drag the rest of us down with you. while im not a part of trion i can only assume that in all of the meetings that went into the production of these that this idea has already been considered, and rejected. the first problem i see is how incredibly boring your idea is. it brings no excitement at all. 2nd how would you "balance" support crystals, and in what capacity. also, in your quest for balance did you think that the crystals themselves dont need to be balanced, because the callings they are tied to are not. this is one of the smarter things i think trion has done because it gives them yet another dial to turn in the quest for balance. especially as different calling scale with different stats. i personally havent read up on how they are obtained but i would assume that as a guild you would get muitiple per week since they add a rather significant bonus, and everyone in the raid is going to want more than 1. with that in mind i would assume there will come a time in the coming weeks that a point will be reached that its no longer even really desired.
    The way the synergy crystals are right now they pigeon hole people in to going certain specs in order to obtain certain bonuses from the crystals. This is completely ridiculous. People shouldn't feel forced to change specs or play a certain way because of an item. In the same way if a certain soul I play gets nerfed and I need to change my soul I shouldnt have to farm to get a new crystal. Yes I understand that my idea wouldn't be terribly exciting but it wouldn't necessarily have to be flat bonuses as I suggested. It just seems to make more sense to design the bonuses around the role you play in the raid not necessarily what soul you play.

how is that any different than it is right now anyway? honesty i dont know clerics but for max dps you really only have 1 playstyle, with a couple others being close enough remain comparable. i know you have different healing specs based on hoe you heal, and even warriors change spec once you hit a certain gear threshold. with the 1.4 changes rogue specs should change a lot just because a few of them were built on maximizing spotters order. overall i have seen very few changes that will completely invalidate a playstyle (except maybe zoomancer, but the mage community pissed and moaned about it since it was found anyway)
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

/signed.
    DPS crystal moar death.
    Tank crystal, less dying.
    Heal crystal, moar living.
    Thanks for the haircuts.

Rift Master

Support crystal more supportin'.

I'd like to see both Role Crystals and Soul Crystals.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowclaimer View Post
    Support crystal more supportin'.

I'd like to see both Role Crystals and Soul Crystals.
    Support crystal...lift and seperate?
    Thanks for the haircuts.

Telaran

Well, duh. Once you start raiding you need to focus on one type of gear because it takes a long time to get fully geared in T1/T2/Raid set armors.

Quote Originally Posted by Dourgen View Post
    /signed.
    DPS crystal moar death.
    Tank crystal, less dying.
    Heal crystal, moar living.
    You forgot about support.
    I guess support doesn't exist in your world?
    Not that I blame you, Trion has kinda dropped the ball in their effort to "support their support".

BTW as a bard for my guilds raids, I have already been pigeon holed into the role. because of the lack of gear scaling, I pass on upgrades to a role where it is more beneficial to the raid. As a bard my trinket is the alsbeth trinket (have yet to get a dps trinket for another spec that a dps doesn't need) My Sigil is built with crystal vine and deep one teer. SO yeah, i've geared myself for the role i play during the raid, which has also prevented me from playing the dps role (not that i want to, but im sure there are bards who do)

so yeah, pigeon holed; welcome to the world of the bard.
    Last edited by Efaicia; 08-01-2011 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Efaicia View Post
    Not that I blame you, Trion has kinda dropped the ball in their effort to "support their support".

BTW as a bard for my guilds raids, I have already been pigeon holed into the role. because of the lack of gear scaling, I pass on upgrades to a role where it is more beneficial to the raid. As a bard my trinket is the alsbeth trinket (have yet to get a dps trinket for another spec that a dps doesn't need) My Sigil is built with crystal vine and deep one teer. SO yeah, i've geared myself for the role i play during the raid, which has also prevented me from playing the dps role (not that i want to, but im sure there are bards who do)

is it time to get personally offended because someone didn't mention the role that your guild makes you play and derail the thread into bard tears?
    Hiphop - Cleric
    Nasa - Warrior
    of <Dominance>, Faemist

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Efaicia View Post

Except there's no such thing as Support Stats.

You're either a Support/Healer or Support/DPS.

+ Reply to Thread