+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warriors/Rogues Whats the difference now

Default Warriors/Rogues Whats the difference now

Increasingly I am seeing warriors and rogues rolling on the same gear, why? Because now dex not strength is now apparently a warriors main stat. Ive seen warriors rolling on rogue daggers because now apparently they hit harder than 1h or 2h warrior weapons. Ive seen warriors rolling on leather gear because now apparently it gives them better stats. Ive seen warriors using ranged attacks in their main macros because apparently the ranged attacks do more dps than their melee attacks even though ive seen time and again trash being pulled and the raid wiped by path of the hurricane being used in a macro and its a multi target ranged attack. It seems to me (just my opinion) Trion has screwed up, they wanted paragon warriors to do some decent dps for a change and to resolve this rather than sort it out properly they have basically turned warriors into rogues and made it so throwing your weapon does more damage than hitting someone with it. A major part of playing a game for me is the affinity I have for the character I am playing and Im sorry but I will not use dex as my main stat, dual wield daggers or roll on leather simply to get to the top of the Parser. In my opinion a warrior is a plate wearing, up close damage dealing entity with excellent survivability due to armour and whose main stat should always be strength, we should be dealing awesome dps with massive swords, maces, axes, polearms etc not with daggers. Our ranged should suck (but it would be nice for it to not suck too much) but when we get up close to you the dps should be titan like and cause for most to turn and run. I am not a rogue, I am a warrior, in my opinion if you want to be like a rogue, roll a rogue, dont just be a rogue that can wear plate if they have to.

Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

looooooooool

Warriors have a support soul, a ranged soul, and as tanks teleport alot.
    Rogues tank with shields.
    Last edited by Dourgen; 07-31-2011 at 02:02 PM.
    Thanks for the haircuts.

Plane Walker

what i think is strange is that trion wants you think outside the basic boxes with their soul system.

basic boxes:
    warrior = tank main stat strength.
    cleric = healer main stat wisdom
    rougue = dps main stat dex.
    mage = magic dps main stat int.

but the gear for the classes puts you in the basic boxes
    T1/2 priest gear is high on wisdom, even when strength becomes your main stat when you move out of the box to tank. and int becomes more important if you move to ranged DSP
    same for warior as far as i know al gear is heavy on strength even though dex becomes main stat in many of the dps builds.

thay made it so that you can move out of the basic box, but gear for people who move out of the basic box has been lacking

+ Reply to Thread