+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LFG deserter... wtf... is this?

Shield of Telara

Default LFG deserter... wtf... is this?

Seriously 30 minutes for this? thats downright rediculious. I queued for a random group as a tank and some ******* wants to argue with me about the leadership position so that I can ready check encounters, before I pull.

My life is too short to put up with this crap, so I leave the group and find that I have a 30 minute penalty for leaving a group.... I can see 10 minutes but 30 MINUTES is bullcrap.

Please lower this number.

angry elitist tank leaves group after not conforming to his will, gets punished for it and now wants the game to conform to his will, this story and more at 11!
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

Oh noes, a 0 patience kid (not necesarily of biological age) bails on a group because he plays a role that allows instant queues (or at least the fastest) and doesn't want any consequences for it.

Sez

Don't leave random groups until they are completed, or until someone else leaves.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Easier to just force DC for a few minutes. Most groups are impatient and will Vote Kick you after 2 or 3 minutes.

That gives you a couple minutes to blow off some steam, use the bathroom, get a drink, and recollect your self.

When you get back, you are good to go for your next queing. Meanwhile, the group you just left is probably still out a tank.

By the way, I tank all the time, and you just have to remember, you set the pace. Is it more frustrating to die repeatedly though because your dps and healer are lagging behind, or to throw out a ready check every few pulls?
    Last edited by Toogeloo; 07-30-2011 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
    angry elitist tank leaves group after not conforming to his will, gets punished for it and now wants the game to conform to his will, this story and more at 11!
    This .

Quote Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
    -yup.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle404 View Post
    -yup.
    I see lots of "elitist" post but if I was a tank id surely want to be able to do ready check before I pull.

before every pull? everyone gets buffed and you shouldnt have to stop unless a healer is out of mana for whatever reason, and thats something a tank can see. if someone has to go for a sec, they usually say "brb bio" and then "back" when theyre back.

nothing to make a huge deal over.

Ascendant

Hell no, if anything, increase it...

People leave dungeons because they find a raid to attend.
    They don't give a **** about the 30 minutes deserter debuff, because it'll be over when they're done with the raid.

There was a thread on this last week.

It eventually ended in tanks stating that it was 'easier' for them to be the leader, so that is what they want.

What they fail to realize is that who ever is the leader has it easier. If it's the healer, they can do the ready check as soon as they are ready to go - and since they are the only person that actually matters, this makes sense.

If the DPS has the lead, they can mark the mobs, telling the tank which order the DPS will kill them so that he knows which order they need to be tanked in (the net effect of this is identical to the tank marking the mobs to tell the DPS which order he will tank them in so they know which order to DPS them in).

Point is, it doesn't matter who has the lead. What does matter is spoilt kids complaining that they don't get their way, and so run off crying. It makes me laugh that the tank automatically thinks his time is more valuable than anyone elses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debase View Post
    If the only target audience for Rift is disenfranchised WoW players, its doomed imo.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Eaderbreca's Avatar

The timer might be a bit long but hey, what can you do. Just wait.
    Elsabeth - Clarisse - Claire
    Seastone Defiants
    IGN's Rift Kingdom Manager http://rift.ign.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Eaderbreca View Post
    The timer might be a bit long but hey, what can you do. Just wait.
    What can he do?

Stick it out in the next group, maybe? it's not like he was kicked or anything, he left the group voluntarily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debase View Post
    If the only target audience for Rift is disenfranchised WoW players, its doomed imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Noaani View Post
    What can he do?

Stick it out in the next group, maybe? it's not like he was kicked or anything, he left the group voluntarily.
    Or, perhaps he could do one of the 50 other things this game has to offer...or...you know, go do something IRL.

It's like when people hit 50 and say the game is over and they can't do anything...everything is still there, guys. LFG debuff doesn't keep you from questing, rifting, fighting mobs, farming, grinding, gathering, crafting, PvPing, helping a friend, taking a shower, eating, selling stuff on the AH, chatting, doing achievements...

+ Reply to Thread