+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some Irritating Things I Do Not Understand.

Champion

Default Some Irritating Things I Do Not Understand.

1) I would like to have more bag space. From the dawn of MMOs it seems to be accepted practice to crimp folks on bag space. I have two full sets of gear, buncha consumnables, and some of the more common harvested items in my bags which leaves about a bag and a half for looting. This equates to about 15 minutes of farming/killin' before my bags are full.

How about dedicated harvest/crafting/gear bags that go INSIDE your regular bags? Or more space.

2) Can we get a crafting UI with some memory? Similar to AH UI would be sweet.

3) There are some monsters in instances that engage in drawn out dialogue and/or do not participate immediately in combat. They appear to 'count' healer aggro even while the tank is unable to damage or taunt them. (3 ghosts in Foul Cascade for instance) I am taking a wild arsed guess at what is happening, but the net effect is that when the monsters activate they go immediately after the healer. It is not a big deal if you are used to it, but I imagine it is quite frustrating to new players.

4) I sure wish crafters had some kind of task to do in regard to raid gear/weapons. Augmenting gear, for example, would be nice.

5) MOAR MACRO SLOTS. Heck, make us 'unlock' them through plat spending or achieves, or quests, I don't care. MORE MORE MORE!

6) Pet variety stinks! I am happy that the 1.3 changes rid Rift of the excess purple tigers, but... they are still purple tigers. Change their colors at least? If not new models altogether.

7) I would like a consumnable cookie. And pie. And cake, to make everyone happy. Completely 'fluff' useless item is fine. I need something to bribe people with to join my groups. Right now, when I say "We have cookies!" I am lying. Fix please. If yah can tag +4 spell power and +2 physical crit on them, that's fine too.

8) More roles please. Again, if they are ridiculously expensive, or unlocked by questlines, that's fine. The whole philosophy of the game seems to be setting the players free of role restrictions, so DO IT. Gimme 10 roles.

9) This follows off off item 8. Why do I have to collect 2 sets of gear to make my various roles work? Rift made great strides in allowing the player some variety in roles, but we are stuck with a bag full of gear and weapons to pull it off. Just does not make sense to me. Again, if it requires some monolithic questline to acquire the "Magical Gearstone of Wonderosity" to eliminate having 2 bags full of weapons and armor, fine, I am all over it. Quit making me haul around a backpack full of armor!

Quote Originally Posted by Seere View Post
    1) I would like to have more bag space. From the dawn of MMOs it seems to be accepted practice to crimp folks on bag space. I have two full sets of gear, buncha consumnables, and some of the more common harvested items in my bags which leaves about a bag and a half for looting. This equates to about 15 minutes of farming/killin' before my bags are full. How about dedicated harvest/crafting/gear bags that go INSIDE your regular bags? Or more space.
    With full 22 slotters. I do that too and am left with 66 slots. Also, see http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...57#post2855857 for more reasons.

Not uhderstanding the issue you're having here.

3) There are some monsters in instances that engage in drawn out dialogue and/or do not participate immediately in combat. They appear to 'count' healer aggro even while the tank is unable to damage or taunt them. (3 ghosts in Foul Cascade for instance) I am taking a wild arsed guess at what is happening, but the net effect is that when the monsters activate they go immediately after the healer. It is not a big deal if you are used to it, but I imagine it is quite frustrating to new players.
    They need to adjust a lot of stuff with threat tables and what does and does not generate threat/aggro.

4) I sure wish crafters had some kind of task to do in regard to raid gear/weapons. Augmenting gear, for example, would be nice.
    Runes.

5) MOAR MACRO SLOTS. Heck, make us 'unlock' them through plat spending or achieves, or quests, I don't care. MORE MORE MORE!
    No thanks to buying them. They offer no game advantage whatsoever, they have no connection to plat, quests, or achievements. It'd be like paying plat in the game to get a new launcher, or background on your character gear UI (C). Anyway, I think the reason why it hasn't been addressed is because people are dumbing down classes to one macro classes, and Trion is trying to find the healthy middle-ground without removing reactionary abilities (off the GCD) and without MORE automation before raining down macro slots on us.

6) Pet variety stinks! I am happy that the 1.3 changes rid Rift of the excess purple tigers, but... they are still purple tigers. Change their colors at least? If not new models altogether.
    How'd they get rid of them?

Also, I don't understand what sort of homophobic, crazy weirdos ya'll are that the purple tiger just makes you so upset/annoyed. No one says 'DELETE THE FAIRY!!111'... There are SO many posts/threads about the primal companion it's not even funny...

Anyway... There's a suggestion train that was pushed back to like page 32 about dyes for pet skins. More primal companions would be fantastic, but at the very least being able to dye them would be nice.

7) I would like a consumnable cookie. And pie. And cake, to make everyone happy. Completely 'fluff' useless item is fine. I need something to bribe people with to join my groups. Right now, when I say "We have cookies!" I am lying. Fix please. If yah can tag +4 spell power and +2 physical crit on them, that's fine too.
    No thanks.

8) More roles please. Again, if they are ridiculously expensive, or unlocked by questlines, that's fine. The whole philosophy of the game seems to be setting the players free of role restrictions, so DO IT. Gimme 10 roles.
    Personally, I feel that the current amount of roles is perfect, and that to be totally honest, I don't think someone should be able to swicth roles for every god damn trash pack to do the 'best dps' or the best utility. You need to rely on your teammates and group members to do their job, so there is no slack you feel obligated to pick up in one of your 45 roles.

9) This follows off off item 8. Why do I have to collect 2 sets of gear to make my various roles work? Rift made great strides in allowing the player some variety in roles, but we are stuck with a bag full of gear and weapons to pull it off. Just does not make sense to me. Again, if it requires some monolithic questline to acquire the "Magical Gearstone of Wonderosity" to eliminate having 2 bags full of weapons and armor, fine, I am all over it. Quit making me haul around a backpack full of armor!
    From 1-49 you don't need seperate sets (aside from a 1H/Shield on Warrior/Cleric) of gear for any role. It's only around AP/CC that you even start seeing a noticable amount of specific role gears, such as tanking leather.

You don't HAVE to carry it around, no one is making you. It's a personal choice to want to be every role in the game. You have plenty of bank slots and if you upgraded away from 12 slot bags, you'd have plenty of bag slots, too.

Champion

Default Do you seriously have nothing better to do?

1) Ok, nice thread, but I did not ask for infinite bags, what I asked for was dedicated crafting/armor bags that go inside existing, or expanded bags. I am not asking to be able to farm for days and come back to the AH. More than 15 minutes of farming would be swell.

2) Issue with crafting UI is that it reverts to same screen always. I would like it to remember the last thing I looked at, and return to it.

3) ...

4) Runes, yes. I got that. Let me clarify for yah. MORE than runes.

5) Tell me why I can not have 40 macro slots dedicated to emotes?

6) Changes in warrior builds made the Beastmaster less prevalent. You may perhaps give some thought to the idea that I would like to have a pet that is different from others, rather than assume I believe the cat is gay, and I am afraid I might turn gay if I have a gay cat.

7) Hey, least yah didn't claim the homophobe thingy here.

8) I raid, the roles are easily consumed in that regard. No room for experimental build or PvP.

9) My issue is having to collect 2 sets of gear. I do not see the point in it.
    9)
    Last edited by Seere; 07-30-2011 at 07:24 AM. Reason: silly editor, i can;t clean up the tail end of this

Champion

Thought I would revisit my thread. They actually added more macro slots, * or announced it, to be precise*, day before this post! I hadn't made it to that thread yet when I wrote this. OVERALL, neat update!

1) I would like to have more bag space. From the dawn of MMOs it seems to be accepted practice to crimp folks on bag space. I have two full sets of gear, buncha consumnables, and some of the more common harvested items in my bags which leaves about a bag and a half for looting. This equates to about 15 minutes of farming/killin' before my bags are full.

How about dedicated harvest/crafting/gear bags that go INSIDE your regular bags? Or more space.
    (Got quest items in their own bag, good start! :P)

Maybe next time!

GS fight still exhibiting these mechanics, I am going to guess, not fixed.

4) I sure wish crafters had some kind of task to do in regard to raid gear/weapons. Augmenting gear, for example, would be nice. Done! Not exactly what I wrote here but close enough!

5) MOAR MACRO SLOTS. Heck, make us 'unlock' them through plat spending or achieves, or quests, I don't care. MORE MORE MORE! DONE, DONE, and DONE!!!

6) Pet variety stinks! I am happy that the 1.3 changes rid Rift of the excess purple tigers, but... they are still purple tigers. Change their colors at least? If not new models altogether. Still stuck with purple Battle *****, *sigh*

7) I would like a consumnable cookie. And pie. And cake, to make everyone happy. Completely 'fluff' useless item is fine. I need something to bribe people with to join my groups. Right now, when I say "We have cookies!" I am lying. Fix please. If yah can tag +4 spell power and +2 physical crit on them, that's fine too. NO PIE FOR YOU!

8) More roles please. Again, if they are ridiculously expensive, or unlocked by questlines, that's fine. The whole philosophy of the game seems to be setting the players free of role restrictions, so DO IT. Gimme 10 roles. Newp...

9) This follows off off item 8. Why do I have to collect 2 sets of gear to make my various roles work? Rift made great strides in allowing the player some variety in roles, but we are stuck with a bag full of gear and weapons to pull it off. Just does not make sense to me. Again, if it requires some monolithic questline to acquire the "Magical Gearstone of Wonderosity" to eliminate having 2 bags full of weapons and armor, fine, I am all over it. Quit making me haul around a backpack full of armor! no change
    Last edited by Seere; 08-05-2011 at 04:35 AM. Reason: format

Rift Disciple

1) I would like to have more bag space. From the dawn of MMOs it seems to be accepted practice to crimp folks on bag space. I have two full sets of gear, buncha consumnables, and some of the more common harvested items in my bags which leaves about a bag and a half for looting. This equates to about 15 minutes of farming/killin' before my bags are full. How about dedicated harvest/crafting/gear bags that go INSIDE your regular bags? Or more space.

One of the issues that they've seen in other games is database storage space. Your bank and bags are tied to your character, etc. ... if we ever get player housing, even more so. Special bags might not be a big issue, but remember that ever time we as for MOAR STUFF, remember the deves need to be able to store that code somewhere - I'm told it may be an ever bigger problem in rift because of the free shard transfers. One last thought it that a bigger bag is likely in planning for level increases for tailor recipes.

While I find the dialogue tedious as well, it serves the function of allowing those that need it a break to green up/drink, etc. - if you don't need it, its just talking damage. That being said, learning to control your aggro as a healer is incredibly important - if anything, I think part of the problem with this game at 50 is that people go from being able to solo to having to group to progress with almost no introduction to the dynamics of playing in groups. If anything, I'd like to see some quest line early on (maybe in the newbie area) that introduces players for explictily to the concept of threat management (eg you are a healer, you get a tank pet companion, you have to keep him alive without pulling aggro, or vice versa)

6) Pet variety stinks! I am happy that the 1.3 changes rid Rift of the excess purple tigers, but... they are still purple tigers. Change their colors at least? If not new models altogether. While I have no objection to this in theory, I guess my question would be whether this is where you want atrist developer time spent as it is not an infinite resource. In lieu of say, armor or weapon appearance slots.

I hate saying other games do this... but EQ2 has a provisioner class, and EQ1 had both baking and brewing crafters, and the results were consuamable and added to stats. In order to make it no OP, the batches you make are small and expensive, but its a nice consumable item to add to crafting economy

So please ... no... I already feel like there are so many people, especially clerics, that are running around playing roles they don't want to play (I'm going to heal because i cant get a dps que) or haven't figured out how to play. The flexibility of this game is great, but it can lead to some really mediocre results. Following on that, trying to reduce to one set of gear would be dumbing down stats, and having lived through that in both EQ2 and WoW, all I can is a hearty omg please no. Id rather you have more bag space and a way to automatically swiitch armor sets

+ Reply to Thread