+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: mount idea for rift.

Soulwalker

Default mount idea for rift.

I dunno if anyone has already posted this or if its in progress, but i just had a amazing thought.

I think it would be awsome to have flying mounts in rift, its kinda become a standerd, in gaming.
    but...i dont want it to be just like another game that alot of us have played, i think its time to up the ante,
    one i think that they should have abilites, some combat related, and some not, like a dive ability that lets you almost rocket to the ground for a quick dismount, or if its a dragon, let it have a fireball attack that knocks the other enemy off his mount ((obviously we should all have parachutes,) its would be a intresting twist in the MMO world, a true air combat system, oh and withe the fireball thing, it wouldent home in on the enemy it would only shoot straight, to add a element of skill. i think it would be awsome.

another non combat ability would be like tricks and dodging, and i really want to be able to fly above the clouds, its a pretty awsome feeling when, like a airplane, you get to see clouds beneath you.

just a idea. hopefully someone jumps on it.

the world is far too small for flying mounts. as to mounted combat, maybe. in a controlled environment would be ok. pretty sure they have already had these kinds of ideas in they're meetings though. as to how viable it is, really depends on the limitations of the game engine.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

OH MY GOD!

No...****ing WAY MAN!!!

FLYING MOUNTS WWTTFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This idea is SO NEW and AMAZING and NEVER BEFORE HEARD!

Jesus himself must have put you in your mother's womb because you sir, are ****ing amazing. No one could have ever thought of this. Never. In a million years.

**** YER AWESOME!!!!!

...fkn srsly...lrn2search

Quote Originally Posted by KnirpsLyn View Post
    OH MY GOD!

No...****ing WAY MAN!!!

Jesus himself must have put you in your mother's womb because you sir, are ****ing amazing. No one could have ever thought of this. Never. In a million years.

**** YER AWESOME!!!!!
    Kinda my reaction too. This 'idea' has come up... dozens of times?

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    Kinda my reaction too. This 'idea' has come up... dozens of times?
    I re-read it and still giggle at the jesus line.

Soulwalker

The day flying mounts were introduced in WoW was the day world PVP died. If you want the same to happen in Rift then sure go ahead and introduce them. Really don't see the need for them personally, even if the world was twice the size it is now.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by KnirpsLyn View Post
    OH MY GOD!

No...****ing WAY MAN!!!

**** YER AWESOME!!!!
    go l3arn2troll someone else, seriously, with all that hate in your system, why dont you go do something constructive, like figer out how to make you own noose.

as for the actual reply, the intent behind it is simple, its awsome, why do rifts? they ruin quests and interupt my dailey routine, yes its a copy from wow, but wow was a copy of everquest, call of duty is a fancy copy of counterstrike, its just the nature of gaming evolution, and honostly riding around everywere is fine and all, but flying is better, otherwise man would have never designed airplanes, and its not about how big the world is, its plenty big,

and as for world pvp, thats were the whole fireball knocking off the other player off his mount thing comes into play,

but i guess im just asking to much to expect constructive criticism on a forum

Quote Originally Posted by raoin View Post
    I think it would be awsome to have flying mounts in rift, its kinda become a standerd, in gaming. .
    this is where I stopped reading. this is also where this expression appeared on my poor little face.

http://rantonit.files.wordpress.com/...-star_trek.jpg

no seriously.. RIFT has nothing to do with Flying mounts :

1)
    Fact : Rift is based on events spawning from everywhere, requesting express cooperations from the players in the zone
    Point : Flying mounts made in various game made the world empty of players, dangerless and based on quick moving from point A to B. Flying mounts in incompatible with the Rifts events nor the invasions.

2)
    Fact : 1.4 will endorse World Event Rift PvP, requesting cooperations from the players in the zone to beat the **** out of their rivals.
    Fact : you can't fight on a mount in RIFT.
    Fact : when you dismount in the air, you... Duh, Die from a falling damage.
    point : Flying Mounts kills PvP, making the world even more empty (especially post-1.4). the players moving in the air will have no interest in dismounting for fighting each others, making the game too much ''Capital'' based

3)
    Fact : a capital game is a game where you have no interest to leave the capital city except for doing a dungeon or a raid.
    fact : LFG teleports you to your dungeon then bring you back where you we're before.
    fact : same for PvP
    fact : you leave the capital city for going to a raid or farming.
    point : Flying mounts will make farming overeasy, and going to a raid totally pointless, making the devs applying the same dull teleporting format to raids.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by raoin View Post
    I think it would be awsome to have flying mounts in rift, its kinda become a standerd, in gaming.
    No it wouldn't, no it hasn't, and the word is "Standard."

Everyday response to an everyday thread.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Soulwalker

[QUOTE=Haristo;2887681]this is where I stopped reading. this is also where this expression appeared on my poor little face.

http://rantonit.files.wordpress.com/...-star_trek.jpg

no seriously.. RIFT has nothing to do with Flying mounts :
    [QUOTE/]

ok for starters, non of you read the rest of my post,

i said, add flying mounts, with additions, like flying combat, knocking ppl off there mounts, obviously everyone should have somekind of slow fall so they dont just die...or not, for all you hardcore world pvp'ers, pphht.

the whole flying mounts with abilities thing, a falcon like dive to get to the ground and fireballs to knock other players off, either by skill, or have mounts with HP like pets,

B, who really enjoys riding around and getting knocked off by some lvl 8 creature, when all you wanna do is help with the invasion.

C, making farming harder, is really really pointless, its just farming. to get mats, a game should be fun, unless your one of those wierdos who like games to be really hard for no reason. in which case go play somethng else. cus games these days are easy compared to NES.

D, who really signs on and just wants to go kill random players, world pvp should be a warfront in a area, like a invasion. cus everyone else is just trying to play the game.

so really in all sense, i want to get from point a to b, get to the rifts without running into 40 mobs and get back to what i was doing. the rifts are fun, ppl want to do them. flying mounts wouldent affect that. ESPECIALLY, FOR THE LAST TIME IF YOU MADE COMBAT WITH FLYING MOUNTS
    jeez ppl just see the first line and assume the rest, looking for expansive idea's here not just a shutdown.

think how awsome it would be if your flying around and you get to have like a dragon on dragon show down once in a while. i think it would be sweet, and i don't get smacked around and dismounted by things waaaay lower lvl than me

I don't find this interesting at all.

1.Use search.
    2.Find thread about flying mounts.
    3.Find my post.
    4.Read it.
    5.???
    6.Get out before I headbutt you/tonguepunch your mother in the fartbox and then read a book.
    127% of internet statistics are made up on the spot.

Never trust obscure quotes from famous people on the internet. -George Washington

RIFT Fan Site Operator Eaderbreca's Avatar

Some overreaction in this thread :P
    Elsabeth - Clarisse - Claire
    Seastone Defiants
    IGN's Rift Kingdom Manager http://rift.ign.com/

Thumbs down bad idea

Flying mounts in Rift are a VERY BAD idea. The game has challenges in it that with a flying mount make them pointless.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Quote Originally Posted by Eaderbreca View Post
    Some overreaction in this thread :P
    Yeah, the OP is flipping out cause we're tired of this tired and dead 'suggestion'.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast